• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My suggestion didn't go anywhere. And there was indifference in this thread.

So, we will keep the status quo (shrug)

You had 4 to 5 responses. I don't think it's indifference. Folks around here are kinda slow to change. Besides, most of them know where the list is.

The only problem with the suggestion is that it would require moderator intervention every time the threads needed to be updated. I though that it was dictated that the forum would be 100% community run? I'm sure they don't need yet another thing to keep up with.

I would think that any talk of 'what we need to do' will have to rely on us as buyers and sellers and 0% work for the mods/admins.

But that's just me speaking as a mod on a different high traffic website. We've got enough stuff to do, I can tell you that :P

Couldn't you just sticky a thread that we can post in like in General? (shrug)

You could, however that is not what was proposed.

It's my feeling that a sticky in the sales forums would get just as much activity as the one we already have (probably less). Nobody ever looks at stickies, all you have to do to see this is look at thread views for stickies a few days apart to see what I mean.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just speaking from experience to it's possible effectiveness. We could always try it and see - no harm no foul :shrug:

Divad,

I got my books from Bellrules1 also, shipping is from Canada also! Very well packaged also!

Thanks Jon, that's encouraging. Still no book here, but we've talked about it, and I am satisfied with his response.

The only problem with the suggestion is that it would require moderator intervention every time the threads needed to be updated. I though that it was dictated that the forum would be 100% community run? I'm sure they don't need yet another thing to keep up with.

I would think that any talk of 'what we need to do' will have to rely on us as buyers and sellers and 0% work for the mods/admins.

But that's just me speaking as a mod on a different high traffic website. We've got enough stuff to do, I can tell you that :P

This is the crux, as explained to me by tPTB. I didn't see it as being something that would require much more moderator intervention than not doing it, seeing as the list is updated perhaps as often as twice a month.

My issue with "...rely(ing) on us as buyers and sellers..." isn't so much that it's a bad idea to have that philosophy, but that it lacks a level of completeness. Hell, we have a hard enough time getting n00bs to follow the rules, and they're posted frickin' everywhere.

Just thought it would help the Forums police themselves if that particular information were front and center in every sales subforum, rather than buried in a thread in the top level forum

I am sorry to report that a transaction from the boards has gone wrong. I purchased books 6/14. I paid instantly by paypal personal which was aknowledged with this PM:

cool got it..thanks dude...Will go out this week

On 6/24 I got a f/u PM from seller:

Sorry sorry for the delay. Life has come up in a bad way lately so please if it's not a huge problem take my apology and expect everything shortly. Again very sorry.

I answered as follows:

I am very sorry things are not going so well for you, I hope everything get better for you soon. No worries on the books, take care of the bigger issues first.

Thank you for the update.

Thanks,

Bill

Since that time I have heard nothing. I have tried 2 seperate PM's that are marked unread.

My questions are: What is a reasonable timeframe to allow the seller to respond?

What is a reasonable response?

Thank You for your help,

Bill

Well, it's been 4 weeks since the seller last contacted you which is plenty of time to give someone. I think you've given the seller plenty of rope here. Time to out him! :sumo:

Well, it's been 4 weeks since the seller last contacted you which is plenty of time to give someone. I think you've given the seller plenty of rope here. Time to out him! :sumo:

+1

I personally think 10 days is plenty of time to complete a transaction and giving people 30 is way too generous. Just my opinion though. How hard is it to put books in the mail.

Out him.

DRX

I have been in contact with the seller since the non-shipment was initially discussed. Let me try a text message.

Who is it? Someone may know him and how to contact him

Here is the link if someone knows how to contact him?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=194687&Number=4080025#Post4080025

He posted on July 8th in the General Discussion area...check his posts. He's talking about shipping stuff to people.

I just sent him a text. I know he said that things have been tough lately. Hopefully all is okay. :wishluck: