• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I've asked Arch to pin a one-post, locked thread at the top of all the sales subforums that has an updated Probation List in it. The list would be updated regularly by a volunteer, who submits the info to a moderator (or Arch), who would then make the necessary edit in the thread's sole post.

I think having this at the top of each subforum would be a benefit to the community at large. If you agree with me, then maybe send a pm to Arch to see if this is something he's comfortable with doing.

If you don't, then don't do anything

I support this.

I guess it's okay. I managed to find the Probation list by myself. (shrug)

A relatively new boardie, Spider-Slayer, has some sweet copies of ASM #97-98 for sale in the Gold/Silver/Bronze sub-forum--and at a great package price. And he directed a post at clobberintime that if he wants them, then post the :takeit: (clobberintime had not posted in the thread) Obviously, there was communication going on via PM. I don't know him, but the screen name seemed familiar so I checked the Probation List and there clobberintime was (added in Nov. 2007--there on the very first page of the Probation List thread--and on the last page via the updated list :hail:).

When I looked at the Probation List just minutes ago, there were a number of folks whose screen names I didn't recognize--and I thought I kinda knew the list. :tonofbricks: I think the idea of posting a list in the marketplace, as has been suggested, is a no-brainer. :sumo:

Edited by cloudofwit

Ok, first time in a while that I've had to post here. Bought a book from Bellrules1 on 5/12 - a new guy on the boards who has done nothing here but post a couple of sales threads . . . perhaps my first cue that something was wrong. Takes him 9 days to contact me, and another three days to even shoot me his PayPal addy. So far he's guilty of only incredible nonchalance. I pay him on the 5/24 as soon as I have the details. It's now 6/12 and there's no sign of the book. It's been 31 days, but only 20 days since I paid - either way . . . Houston, I think we may have a problem (shrug)

Ok, first time in a while that I've had to post here. Bought a book from Bellrules1 on 5/12 - a new guy on the boards who has done nothing here but post a couple of sales threads . . . perhaps my first cue that something was wrong. Takes him 9 days to contact me, and another three days to even shoot me his PayPal addy. So far he's guilty of only incredible nonchalance. I pay him on the 5/24 as soon as I have the details. It's now 6/12 and there's no sign of the book. It's been 31 days, but only 20 days since I paid - either way . . . Houston, I think we may have a problem (shrug)

Divad.. I have nothing but good things to say about bellrules1. I've had a couple purchases from him go through without a hitch. He's been a great board buddy and I've found him to be a standup guy. Might just be a case of "real life" taking precedence over "comic life".. but I think that he will make good. Hope this gets cleared up amicably. :wishluck:

Divad.. I have nothing but good things to say about bellrules1. I've had a couple purchases from him go through without a hitch. He's been a great board buddy and I've found him to be a standup guy. Might just be a case of "real life" taking precedence over "comic life".. but I think that he will make good. Hope this gets cleared up amicably. :wishluck:

Thanks Cheezy, that's encouraging at least . . . (and thanks to others who posted their thoughts) hopefully, the books just turns up. :)

I had a boardie ask for a reference on BELLRULES and I gave the (thumbs u . Only bought one book, but did not have a problem with timeliness or his grading.

Snake, I guess Alabama is closer than California . . . :insane:

When did you get yours?

I had a boardie ask for a reference on BELLRULES and I gave the (thumbs u . Only bought one book, but did not have a problem with timeliness or his grading.

Snake, I guess Alabama is closer than California . . . :insane:

When did you get yours?

After reviewing the PM conversation, here is what I can tell (did not record actual dates of things actually received...just going by pm timestamps). In each case I had a question or just a comment, he responded within 24 hours. He invoiced me on May 18 and I paid the same date. On June 1 I sent a pm thanking him and letting him know the book arrived. So at worst, the whole transaction took two weeks or less...hope the info helps and things resolve quickly. :wishluck:

SE

Edited by Snake Eyes

I've asked Arch to pin a one-post, locked thread at the top of all the sales subforums that has an updated Probation List in it. The list would be updated regularly by a volunteer, who submits the info to a moderator (or Arch), who would then make the necessary edit in the thread's sole post.

I think having this at the top of each subforum would be a benefit to the community at large. If you agree with me, then maybe send a pm to Arch to see if this is something he's comfortable with doing.

If you don't, then don't do anything

Do it.

DO IT.

My suggestion didn't go anywhere. And there was indifference in this thread.

So, we will keep the status quo (shrug)

I don't think indifference so much Marc, just not a lot of response. The responses that did come in seemed in agreement. Maybe not a lot of people saw it? I wonder how many people actually read the Probation threads to be honest.

I don't think indifference so much Marc, just not a lot of response. Maybe not a lot of people saw it? I wonder how many people actually read the Probation threads to be honest.

Everybody should.

I don't think indifference so much Marc, just not a lot of response. Maybe not a lot of people saw it? I wonder how many people actually read the Probation threads to be honest.

Everybody should.

Which is as good an argument as you can get for having it stickied there (thumbs u

The only problem with the suggestion is that it would require moderator intervention every time the threads needed to be updated. I though that it was dictated that the forum would be 100% community run? I'm sure they don't need yet another thing to keep up with.

I would think that any talk of 'what we need to do' will have to rely on us as buyers and sellers and 0% work for the mods/admins.

But that's just me speaking as a mod on a different high traffic website. We've got enough stuff to do, I can tell you that :P

The only problem with the suggestion is that it would require moderator intervention every time the threads needed to be updated. I though that it was dictated that the forum would be 100% community run? I'm sure they don't need yet another thing to keep up with.

I would think that any talk of 'what we need to do' will have to rely on us as buyers and sellers and 0% work for the mods/admins.

But that's just me speaking as a mod on a different high traffic website. We've got enough stuff to do, I can tell you that :P

Couldn't you just sticky a thread that we can post in like in General? (shrug)

You had 4 to 5 responses. I don't think it's indifference. Folks around here are kinda slow to change. Besides, most of them know where the list is.