• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I know ffxmen14 is already on the probation list, but I want to make it extremely clear that he deserves to be there.

Before he was put on the list, I spent over 12 hours looking for and pulling over $500's of cheap runs and individual comics for him, pricing them, packing them when he told me he would take them all, unpacking them when he told me he no longer wanted them, pricing what he decided he did want, he pays $25 towards his new $350 total, and I repackage them again. He then said he no longer wanted them once again. I was going to put him on the list then but he immediately came back on and said that he was going to make payments as to clean up all loose ends. Ok... Now they are still sitting boxed up, addressed, and ready to be shipped. He was supposed to be making time payments but after not hearing from him for a month I tried to contact him through PM. Nothing. Emailed him. Nothing. Sent a paypal request. He cancels it within minutes so he is obviously getting my emails, but doesn't have the courtesy to even respond. Email him again. A day later he finally responds and says he's backing out.

Any of you like to go into work for 12 hours and not get paid even though you are told multiple times that you will be? Then you have to spend the time an undo the work you did, still not getting paid? Pretty awesome. :cloud9:meh

I doubt he's coming back on the boards so this rant is probably useless. Oh well. Anyone have his ebay username? I want to block him on there too.

I doubt he's coming back on the boards so this rant is probably useless. Oh well. Anyone have his ebay username? I want to block him on there too.

Extremely educational, William. I'm just sorry you went through that.

Not like the time payment fellow that paid within days because he felt guilty having debt.

:ohnoez:

Extremely educational, William. I'm just sorry you went through that.

Not like the time payment fellow that paid within days because he felt guilty having debt.

:ohnoez:

lol

Days? Your "time payment" was what, within a day or two? That's faster then many people's normal payment. I almost had to put you on the probation list for lying to me about how long it would take!

That Nick guy... you just can't trust him. :D

After putting you through all of that, my personal opinion is he deserves to be in the Hall of Shame. I mean, he didn't just back out of a deal, he went in then backed out then went in again and backed out again. Most of the time, going in and out repetitively is a good thing, but in this instance it was bad, bad, bad. :mad:

Anybody else agree with me? I say move him to the top of the list! :sumo:

After putting you through all of that, my personal opinion is he deserves to be in the Hall of Shame. I mean, he didn't just back out of a deal, he went in then backed out then went in again and backed out again. Most of the time, going in and out repetitively is a good thing, but in this instance it was bad, bad, bad. :mad:

Can't say I agree with a HoS nomination but definitely a deserving Probation Listee by all means. For HoS, I think there is a certain pervasiveness and insidiousness required to enter into that infamous hall of d-bags.

I feel for abracadabra and this guy obviously deserves the probation list but Hall of Shame seems harsh.

lol Thanks everyone for your kind words (for me) and angry words (for Chris FFXMen14).

It was a terrible experience but I don't know if he deserves the boards HOS spot. He wasn't around long enough, nor did he off enough people (as far as I know). He'll always have his own little HOS spot in my heart but to put him on the same levels as Herald2Galactus, Cap Freak, and AlleyBat may be a bit extreme.

Thanks though,

-William

I know ffxmen14 is already on the probation list, but I want to make it extremely clear that he deserves to be there.

Before he was put on the list, I spent over 12 hours looking for and pulling over $500's of cheap runs and individual comics for him, pricing them, packing them when he told me he would take them all, unpacking them when he told me he no longer wanted them, pricing what he decided he did want, he pays $25 towards his new $350 total, and I repackage them again. He then said he no longer wanted them once again. I was going to put him on the list then but he immediately came back on and said that he was going to make payments as to clean up all loose ends. Ok... Now they are still sitting boxed up, addressed, and ready to be shipped. He was supposed to be making time payments but after not hearing from him for a month I tried to contact him through PM. Nothing. Emailed him. Nothing. Sent a paypal request. He cancels it within minutes so he is obviously getting my emails, but doesn't have the courtesy to even respond. Email him again. A day later he finally responds and says he's backing out.

Any of you like to go into work for 12 hours and not get paid even though you are told multiple times that you will be? Then you have to spend the time an undo the work you did, still not getting paid? Pretty awesome. :cloud9:meh

When did you go though all of this? I threw him on there a month or two ago, though mine wasn't nearly as mind-numbing as yours. Sorry to hear about another one getting the shaft from ffxmen14.

lol Thanks everyone for your kind words (for me) and angry words (for Chris FFXMen14).

It was a terrible experience but I don't know if he deserves the boards HOS spot. He wasn't around long enough, nor did he off enough people (as far as I know). He'll always have his own little HOS spot in my heart but to put him on the same levels as Herald2Galactus, Cap Freak, and AlleyBat may be a bit extreme.

Thanks though,

-William

So FFXMen14 pulled a TFL hm

When did you go though all of this? I threw him on there a month or two ago, though mine wasn't nearly as mind-numbing as yours. Sorry to hear about another one getting the shaft from ffxmen14.

Yeah, about the same time as you. I think right after the last time he backed out was when you put him on the list. He immediately came back and said he wanted to make things right with all the board members. I respected that he wanted to try to clear things up and salvage his reputation around here so I gave him a chance.... A couple months later and I'm here.

Thanks though,

-William

So FFXMen14 pulled a TFL hm

Not quite a carbon copy, but the beginning and ending were the same.

:takeit:

um, no I won't

Thanks, it is really not a big deal. The total for the four items was $43.40. It is more of a warning to others.

All NIGHTCRAWLER had to do was let me know he/she did not have the funds or heck even changed their mind. i am a very reasonable person.

Oh well, life goes on :whee:

NIGHTCRAWLER contact me on Friday. He stated that he did not have Internet access for more than a month.

He is hoping to sell something soon and pay for the books. Will keep you posted.

NIGHTCRAWLER paid in full today - guess he has been saved from the Probation List.

I've asked Arch to pin a one-post, locked thread at the top of all the sales subforums that has an updated Probation List in it. The list would be updated regularly by a volunteer, who submits the info to a moderator (or Arch), who would then make the necessary edit in the thread's sole post.

I think having this at the top of each subforum would be a benefit to the community at large. If you agree with me, then maybe send a pm to Arch to see if this is something he's comfortable with doing.

If you don't, then don't do anything

I've asked Arch to pin a one-post, locked thread at the top of all the sales subforums that has an updated Probation List in it. The list would be updated regularly by a volunteer, who submits the info to a moderator (or Arch), who would then make the necessary edit in the thread's sole post.

I think having this at the top of each subforum would be a benefit to the community at large. If you agree with me, then maybe send a pm to Arch to see if this is something he's comfortable with doing.

I support this.

I support this.

It's needed.

I just don't want to bug Arch, I've PMd him four times this week already with four different username changes.