• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Snake eyes - glad you decided not to sit it out. Good thoughts there.

I completely agree with you and Snake Eyes about LovinTheSurfer having nothing to do with Danimal's problems. He created the situation and he's the one who has to fix it - not her. But I think you guys (and her) are blowing this way out of proportion. Just because t3quila posted one simple comment and I thought it was funny does NOT mean that we think LTS is responsible or involved in any way with what Danimal did. I just simply thought that the statement was funny as I'm sure other people did too. (shrug)

I've always tought my kids that it's OK to have fun - just don't do it at the expense of other people. And I don't believe either t3quila or I were attempting to do that here. She took it personally and I'm sorry that she did but no malice was intended towards her. :foryou:

LTS - good luck with the birth and I hope you and the baby are nice and healthy afterwards. And I hope Dan gets all of his problems straightened out as well. :wishluck:So when is the baby due?

Baby is Due around the end of March..which means I am in the prime time of the "Morning Sickness" Stage and my hormones are raging. Watch out lol

Baby is Due around the end of March..which means I am in the prime time of the "Morning Sickness" Stage and my hormones are raging. Watch out lol

CONGRATS!

:gossip: On the baby - not the morning sickness.

Cool! So at Halloween, you can use the costume description I used for my wife during our third .. "Look! It's a baby dressed up as a mommy!"

Good luck LTS+1!!

I understand you guys are waiting for things and I've been trying to get him to man up but please do not drag me or my baby into this. Thanks

~LTS +1

Obviously I have caused a bit of offence and none was intended towards LTS, my comment was a slightly jokey pointed barb at Danimal for his transgressions on the board, in hindsight if I had known it would upset LTS then I probably wouldn't have made the comment.

However; we should not forget that about Danimal in this thread, so far we have learnt that he is a serial offender on these boards whose greatest contribution on these boards was to call out Yannis for not selling someone a book (something that happens to Roy on a weekly basis from what I hear), something he himself had done back in 2003.

He has also stated that he is "done" with these boards so as far as I can tell he is an untrustworthy hypocrite who time on these boards has hopefully come to an end.

Danimal has had a very soft time on these boards probably because no-one wishes to upset LTS, but comments will still be made

I understand you guys are waiting for things and I've been trying to get him to man up but please do not drag me or my baby into this. Thanks

~LTS +1

Obviously I have caused a bit of offence and none was intended towards LTS, my comment was a slightly jokey pointed barb at Danimal for his transgressions on the board, in hindsight if I had known it would upset LTS then I probably wouldn't have made the comment.

However; we should not forget that about Danimal in this thread, so far we have learnt that he is a serial offender on these boards whose greatest contribution on these boards was to call out Yannis for not selling someone a book (something that happens to Roy on a weekly basis from what I hear), something he himself had done back in 2003.

He has also stated that he is "done" with these boards so as far as I can tell he is an untrustworthy hypocrite who time on these boards has hopefully come to an end.

Danimal has had a very soft time on these boards probably because no-one wishes to upset LTS, but comments will still be made

Thats perfectly fine, I know and he knows he has done wrong..but don't drag me into it...period. I just dont have the patience these days

whose greatest contribution on these boards was to call out Yannis for not selling someone a book (something that happens to Roy on a weekly basis from what I hear)

:roflmao:

Continuation of the discussion around MachineGunned's for sale thread ...

I don't agree. The entire board is structured to inform the community. There are areas for this type of discussion. The thread isn't the place to do it.

Why have the discussion buried where people might not see it. I think it needs to be seen where deals are being made, not where people go to check after the fact.

What if the seller had an emergency and wasn't near a computer to address questions? Time should be allowed for such cases without the threat of people casting dispersions on the sellers integrity.

I would be tolerant if it wasn't for the fact that he never responded to me (I know he read my PM) and also posted more books to sale after he should have already shipped the books. So he’s been on the forums and could have easily said he was behind on shipping, which would have been fine.

The seller has 30 days to get the books to you without harassment. Unless he told you to expect a tracking number within 24 hours, you're jumping the gun.

I was givent two different shipping dates. He missed the first date, no worries. I understand it happens. The second date has passed and he's not responding. I don't think I'm jumping the gun, there’s a lot of red flags that I’ve looked passed and given him the benefit of the doubt on. Not shipping my books on the promised date, or even telling me he’s running behind, is not something I can overlook when dealing with an unproven seller.

Payment by Paypal particularly when connected to a credit card offers you protection especially when using the purchase method. I think patience not guessing is what should be practiced.

Which is why I made the deal, even though my gut told me not to.

I'm not going to fight this battle. This situation will work itself out. I think my comment was dictated by common sense and what should be expected as far as respect for people in general goes. In light of past events here, the rules should be observed.

I know the situation will work itself out, but until it does I'd hate to see someone else pay for books and endure what those of us who have already paid are dealing with.

Bottom line - when MachineGunned comes through, I will gladly appologize to him, on these forums, for having any doubts and will vouch for him. Until that happens, I think it's fair of us to express our concerns here as a warning for other potential buyers.

I agree completely, and I also will apologize publicly if I am proven incorrect. I thought about jumping on all of those lots, but recognized that it was simply greed/eagerness for the good deal motivating such thoughts. Sometimes we see such feeding frenzies in the endless hunt for cheap comics without stepping back to look at the big picture. Oneasian had the right of it in my opinion asking for references, as he provided none :juggle: However, people quickly jumped on the lots after that and I did not see any response to this post.

In this case, there are some other troubling warning signs as well. Prices that are too good to be true (for instance the Deadpool lot where you get 150 books for $35). Any due dilligence would have revealed that he could have received a much fairer price. Buyers noting missed dates and inconsistent stories with respect to the books themselves also would concern me.

Finally, (and I was a newbie no more than a year ago, so I know it sucks to reference this) I took a peek at the post count. He has nine and only three are accessible. That would lead me to believe that his other posts were in a thread that got yanked...maybe not a big deal by itself, but taking all these items together I could not buy the lots. :shrug:

I do hope that I am wrong, and I would certainly encourage machinegunned to let us know if there are any boardies to vouch for him (since he indicated that he avoids eBay). Again, as noted above I will gladly admit my misgivings are wrong if that is case. But I have had one of those bad feelings about this thread for awhile, and I am glad some folks took the initiative (where I failed to :( ) and expressed this concern.

Just my two cents,

SE

Edited by Snake Eyes

Agree with both Snake Eyes and stvfisher. I jumped on the "deal" for the GL books.

RED FLAG 1

Too Cheap.

RED FLAG 2

Free shipping coupled with Too Cheap.

RED FLAG 3

As soon as I posted, I received a PM asking for payment that night for the books so MachineGunned "would have to make only one shipping trip" the next day.

This was stated after I talked to a few others that were told their books were being shipped THE DAY BEFORE and were awaiting tracking numbers.

RED FLAG 4

Received a follow up email requesting paypal payment be sent to a friend of his since " Paypal has requested him to send a copy of his credit card statement to them, which he won't do (?), so they have limited his paypal account." wha?

Hate to jump the gun here.... but Rupp is screamin' SCAMMER!

Edited by Bio-Rupp

The red flag for me was when he first started posting, claiming he had 250 boxes of books he needed to sell RIGHT NOW . He then got all pizzed up when some boardies told him to read the rules and he said he wasnt about to grade every book, scan it and post it. That thread started dissapearing in a matter of minutes and got yanked. Could have been a record for a newb.I thought he had recieved a strike but was mistaken. Just my 2c though. He could be legit.

DRX

Edited by DRX

The red flag for me was when he first started posting, claiming he had 250 boxes of books he needed to sell RIGHT NOW . He then got all pizzed up when some boardies told him to read the rules and he said he wasnt about to grade every book, scan it and post it. That thread started dissapearing in a matter of minutes and got yanked. He got a one week strike after a few posts. Could have been a record for a newb. Just my 2c though. He could be legit.

DRX

Missed that whole first ordeal... wish there was a way to post problem newbies after their original threads get pulled... at least we'd have a "heads up" that there may be a problem with that person.

I took a peek at the post count. He has nine and only three are accessible. That would lead me to believe that his other posts were in a thread that got yanked...

Yes, indeed it was. A sales thread that got pulled funnily enough. The thread in question drips with scam.

I wish I would have saved some of the posts from that first thread. I didn't think it was going to get yanked so quick. He just joined and his first post was a sales thread claiming he had 250 long boxes of books he needed to sell right now. I think the books were also on Craig List. I think he was asking what he should be selling these for per box. A few boardies were telling him to read the rules and post some pics and scans. He got hot under the collar quick and started some smart-azz comments. It got yanked before the real fun started.

DRX