• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I guess I should take responsibility for prematurely requesting that he be added to the probation list. After reading all of the evidence, I am confident that nothing will change here. However, everyone is entitled to a trial by jury, and has the right to tell their side of the story.

There is no way that d-bag is going to come back here. And if he does it will likely be one of the Harold Fuller-esque "You guys can't do anything to me" rants. After a day or two of no contact, rack him. Nothing will be hurt by paying lip service to the way things are normally done.

Agreed, no one is asking for a 30-day wait, just contact the other party(which brad indicated he was going to do), wait 24-48 hours, then add him if it's not resolved.

+1

After reading through holyghosts posts, I'm honestly left wondering how anyone could not see this guy is trouble. (Maybe the meet took place when he only had a couple weird posts, and not a couple dozen? I mean after a handful of posts he pretty much came out about being crooked)

I've noticed a trend on these boards. While everyone wants justice and wants to crucify the bad guy, I think people also need to stop being so gullible and playing the victim role, and just avoid trouble in the first place

To be fair to Brad,

Holyghost seemed more "challenged" in his posts than anything else.

I would have avoided him because I don't have patience enough to ride the short bus to and from a deal. But that's me.

Meeting face to face to do a deal should be pretty straight forward.

This was the first time Holyghost leveled up from efftard to contract breacher.

After reading through holyghosts posts, I'm honestly left wondering how anyone could not see this guy is trouble. (Maybe the meet took place when he only had a couple weird posts, and not a couple dozen? I mean after a handful of posts he pretty much came out about being crooked)

I've noticed a trend on these boards. While everyone wants justice and wants to crucify the bad guy, I think people also need to stop being so gullible and playing the victim role, and just avoid trouble in the first place

To be fair to Brad,

Holyghost seemed more "challenged" in his posts than anything else.

I would have avoided him because I don't have patience enough to ride the short bus to and from a deal. But that's me.

Meeting face to face to do a deal should be pretty straight forward.

This was the first time Holyghost leveled up from efftard to contract breacher.

+1 While I personally believe in applying a "nothing ventured, nothing lost" analysis with obvious doorknobs that show up here, nothing excuses breach of contract or any other scamming behavior.

I have two thoughts here:

1. Perhaps HG felt the OP was simply a tourist, and upon not showing up with cash was not a serious buyer? Could be a misunderstanding or could have been handled better. (Not saying HG is right here, my gut tells me otherwise, but this is a possibility in a one-sided story).

2. Was the deal you were offered in or near the too-good-to-be-true category? If so the new sucker buyer probably did you a great service.

For the record, I would like it known that I would screw over Brad at the first opportunity. It's just how I roll. Therefore, I am pledging to complete a deal with him in the future and then sell the books to someone else. Mark my words.

For the record, I would like it known that I would screw over Brad at the first opportunity. It's just how I roll. Therefore, I am pledging to complete a deal with him in the future and then sell the books to someone else. Mark my words.

Is it his questionable facial hair choices over the years, or his inflated sense of his poker playing skills?

Is it his questionable facial hair choices over the years, or his inflated sense of his poker playing skills?

It's his overabundance of bowling shirts and affinity for hockey.

After reading through holyghosts posts (the ones that weren't so bad that they got deleted), I'm honestly left wondering how anyone could not see this guy is trouble. (Maybe the meet took place when he only had a couple weird posts, and not a couple dozen? I mean after a handful of posts he pretty much came out about being crooked)

I've noticed a trend on these boards. While everyone wants justice and wants to crucify the bad guy, I think people also need to stop playing the victim role and being so gullible, and just avoid trouble in the first place

I wholly agree. Sort of like getting upset when the snarling pit bull bites you after you try to pet it. Some things in life are predictable.

Last week I believe. I just checked the user list, looks like he pulled his own account.

Was one of the books you tried to buy the Amazing Fantasy 15? He's posting that book on 6/27, just a few days ago.

Member to be voted into the Hall of Shame: HOLYGHOST

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

I wonder who is the dude from Florida.

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

Wasn't me.

Discuss

Whoever it is, there's a good chance they drive down the Interstate in the left-most lane doing 45 MPH with their left turn blinker on.

After reading through holyghosts posts (the ones that weren't so bad that they got deleted), I'm honestly left wondering how anyone could not see this guy is trouble. (Maybe the meet took place when he only had a couple weird posts, and not a couple dozen? I mean after a handful of posts he pretty much came out about being crooked)

I've noticed a trend on these boards. While everyone wants justice and wants to crucify the bad guy, I think people also need to stop playing the victim role and being so gullible, and just avoid trouble in the first place

I wholly agree. Sort of like getting upset when the snarling pit bull bites you after you try to pet it. Some things in life are predictable.

So what was it about his bad posting form and neglect for reading the forum guidelines that clued you in that he would actually be someone that would screw over Brad?

If bad posting form, questionable spelling and overall inappropriateness were the tell tale signs of someone you should not deal with then how does ANY business get conducted on this forum?

I don't believe I have ever seen someone put on the PL 4 hours and 11 minutes after they were brought up with one side being heard. That is not what the PL has been or should be.

Pov, I respect what you are about, and your stance on things. But what is Holyghost going to say to not be on the probation list? "Brad and I closed a deal - but it wasn't completely closed where I couldn't make more money" as a reason for selling the collection after-the-fact?

And as far as "what the PL has been or should be," things like off-board transactions being allowed because it displays poor character have been challenged in the past. Yet it was agreed by the masses it should be included. Also adding folks before 30 days because it was cut-and-dry there was no resolution to a situation, and what the offending party did was inappropriate.

I know Brad, and what he is about. Many do, though he doesn't engage that frequently on here. I believe him when he says how this was handled. And he has had people not follow through on their purchases here previously, and never said a word about Probation List just to avoid the noise. So he is a not a knee-jerk type guy.

Truth be told, I see little hope for holyghost here. I don't know if you remember how the Off Board Transactions came to be, but that was me (old Pov) who started the campaign for it ( http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=4768864&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=%26quot%3Boff+board+transactions%26quot%3B+Povertyrow&topic=0&Search=true#Post4768864 ). From there I made the poll for including off-board transactions. After the poll I reworded the PL to include off-board transactions. I was thinking a 3rd "Off Board Transactions" list but folks preferred to just keep the HOS and PL lists, so I used an "off-board" notation next to the names, keeping them on the PL.

The only reason I am bringing this up is to show I am not a stubborn, pig-headed "rule follower" and have no problem with seeking change.

When klozd24seven first brought this up he did not seem to have an understanding of the HOS/PL and the process itself. He initially wanted this to be a HOS listing. I know this was motivated by anger and I honestly cannot blame his being angry at the situation he presented.

I have no idea what holyghost could say here. But that is the point. I have no idea. There HAVE been a few cases where the accuser was initially met with support and understanding, only later to find additonal facts that shed a different light.

Do I see hg coming on and making a compelling argument in his favor? Not really. Do I tend to believe klozd24seven? I do. But if the PL was just based on one-side and a personal liking/belief, it would be meaningless.

Anyway, klozd24seven has PMd holyghost. (thumbs u

If nothing else, maybe some folks reading this will have better understanding of the PL/HOS and the process.

That was NOT an enjoyable post for me to make. I was half afraid to even open the thread. :fear: I appreciate the understanding from the folks here.

That was NOT an enjoyable post for me to make. I was half afraid to even open the thread. :fear: I appreciate the understanding from the folks here.

Well, at least it helped you stick to your mantra I am sure you chant over and over.

It was Bosco made me do it!

:baiting:

You're good people.

:foryou:

Well, at least it helped you stick to your mantra I am sure you chant over and over.

It was Bosco made me do it!

:baiting:

You're good people.

:foryou:

Thanks. You are too! <3

On a side note I was laughing to myself when I saw you had added HG to the PL. The first thing I thought of while making that post was "It was Bosco made me do it." lol

I have no idea what HG could say here, either, but I will say I've been surprised, MANY times...and I dealt with administrative hearings on a daily basis. Perfectly logical rational people turn out to be viewing things from another planet....and I'm not saying this against Brad.

In this case, I have met Brad and I don't know HG from a hole in the wall, so I know who I'd give the benefit of the doubt.

All I cared was that a PM was sent, after that, timing is not so important to me after all, we've had people show up after months and give sob stories ....explanations...oh wait, that person wound up back on, didn't they;)? hm