• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Member to be voted into the Hall of Shame: HOLYGHOST

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

Brad, my question here is why didn't you just do the deal right there. I know from my own experience when you leave stuff there its usually gone the next day. I would have been more than happy to go along with you if you were worried about a problem. Don't ever hesitate to get ahold of me. Hope everything works out.

DR.X

To be honest Tim, I just didn't feel very comfortable with carrying that kind of money around with me.

Not a hall of shame worthy offense.

Hall of Shame needs to be EGREGIOUS and/or RECIDIVIST.

Getting him put on the probie list is essentially the same thing, though. That dude probably isnt coming back and I doubt you will be willing to allow him off of the probie list, sensing how burned you feel.

I suggest that attempting to make a deal with this guy at all (who by all inferences seemed like a very sketchy character) was a bad move on your part.

Consider yourself lucky. You may have had a deal sold out from under you, but there is also a decent chance that that deal could turn sour anyways since this guy is a tool. Count your blessings that you didn't end up with a load of restored books.

Handshake deals are a thing of the past. If you are uncomfortable carrying a large amount of cash around, carry a gun.

Ring the joker up on the probie list and console yourself with the fact that even though you may have missed out on a good deal, you also protected yourself from a potential bad deal. Other Deals will come...

Caveat Emptor.

Not a hall of shame worthy offense.

Hall of Shame needs to be EGREGIOUS and/or RECIDIVIST.

Getting him put on the probie list is essentially the same thing, though. That dude probably isnt coming back and I doubt you will be willing to allow him off of the probie list, sensing how burned you feel.

I suggest that attempting to make a deal with this guy at all (who by all inferences seemed like a very sketchy character) was a bad move on your part.

Consider yourself lucky. You may have had a deal sold out from under you, but there is also a decent chance that that deal could turn sour anyways since this guy is a tool. Count your blessings that you didn't end up with a load of restored books.

Handshake deals are a thing of the past. If you are uncomfortable carrying a large amount of cash around, carry a gun.

Ring the joker up on the probie list and console yourself with the fact that even though you may have missed out on a good deal, you also protected yourself from a potential bad deal. Other Deals will come...

Caveat Emptor.

+1!!!

It may sting a little now but reading thru that d o u c hes posts, it would be a major miracle if you didn't end up getting screwed in the deal. I think you got lucky you didn't hand over a stack of money to that m o r o n! (thumbs u

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

Brad, my question here is why didn't you just do the deal right there. I know from my own experience when you leave stuff there its usually gone the next day. I would have been more than happy to go along with you if you were worried about a problem. Don't ever hesitate to get ahold of me. Hope everything works out.

DR.X

To be honest Tim, I just didn't feel very comfortable with carrying that kind of money around with me.

I would have been happy to come with. I could have even brought along one of the cops I train.

I remember this tool. He was selling an AF#15, Hulk #1 and a few other keys. He was selling them on CL here in the Chicago area too. (The first place you look to find a nice AF#15, right?)

He sent me some pics and the AF#15 looked trimmed. I told him so but still offered to meet anyway to look at his books. I wrote him both on here and in Emails. No reply.....

Edited by returner

Discuss

DR.X

I would have been happy to come with. I could have even brought along one of the cops I train.

I remember this tool. He was selling an AF#15, Hulk #1 and a few other keys. He was selling them on CL here in the Chicago area too. (The first place you look to find a nice AF#15, right?)

He sent me some pics and the AF#15 looked trimmed. I told him so but still offered to meet anyway to look at his books. I wrote him both on here and in Emails. No reply.....

I have seen a picture of you. Nobody's gonna give you any problems. :grin:

Discuss

DR.X

I have seen a picture of you. Nobody's gonna give you any problems. :grin:

Who Matt? Christ , if someone gives him a problem he'd better be armed and driving a tank! lol

Matt and I met a couple of years ago at a small local show and I gotta say, yup I woulda felt safe with six figures in my pocket no doubt (thumbs u .

I would just like to say that although I don't post much, and am relatively unknown next to most veteran boardmembers, thank you to everyone for their input and support. it definately dulls the sting my asszz is feelin right now :)

I would just like to say that although I don't post much, and am relatively unknown next to most veteran boardmembers, thank you to everyone for their input and support. it definately dulls the sting my asszz is feelin right now :)

You're a good man, Brad. All kidding aside, sorry this happened.

:foryou:

Probie for life. Whomever can add Andy Richardson aka holyghost to the list, please do so with my most sincere blessing :/

Edited by klozd24seven

Wish I had friends like this that were local. I get nervous with anything over $500 (wrong end of a gun over that amount) so I can't imagine the cash you're talking about. That being said I leave the $$ in the car and say I have to hit the bank if asked. I also never expect comics to stay when I walk away. I come prepared to leave with the books or forget them.

That being said he should be a Probie. At the very least you are owed some lip service although it seems he's all about cash and now that he has it we won't see him.

How did I miss a probie discussion. (shrug)

Discuss

DR.X

You probably saved yourself a lot of trouble with this guy. There are people like this all over the hobby.

In fact, I had a guy do this to me just this week on a piece of art he had for sale in his CAF gallery. He agreed to a price, the decided he'd try to turn it into an auction instead of a sale (which he already agreed to). I told he him he could, ahem, shove "keep" his piece,

So you aren't alone, and from this guy's posts you didn't miss out on anything more than a headache.

Like others have said glad there wasn't some form of down payment made and him scat on you there.

Def needs to be put on the probation list. I agree that if you make a deal via pm to look at the books and check em out and agree to a price and they back out and sell else where that shouldn't go unpunished.

A deal is a deal IMO. He should not have sold the books to someone else. If someone did this to me, I would be upset as well. Mot HOSorthy but, definately probation worthy.

So if it's only Probie worthy, and there is no possible way to complete the transaction, why not HOS?

holyghost is on the probation list in a disturbingly fast manner. Have you PMd him, as I posted, to tell him this has been brought up here and he can present his side?

A deal is a deal IMO. He should not have sold the books to someone else. If someone did this to me, I would be upset as well. Mot HOSorthy but, definately probation worthy.

So if it's only Probie worthy, and there is no possible way to complete the transaction, why not HOS?

holyghost is on the probation list in a disturbingly fast manner. Have you PMd him, as I posted, to tell him this has been brought up here and he can present his side?

There is no point considering he is no longer a member. I checked the user list and he is not listed. Besides, if I really wanted to contact him I would have CALLED him. I have his cell #.