• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

A deal is a deal IMO. He should not have sold the books to someone else. If someone did this to me, I would be upset as well. Mot HOSorthy but, definately probation worthy.

So if it's only Probie worthy, and there is no possible way to complete the transaction, why not HOS?

holyghost is on the probation list in a disturbingly fast manner. Have you PMd him, as I posted, to tell him this has been brought up here and he can present his side?

There is no point considering he is no longer a member. I checked the user list and he is not listed. Besides, if I really wanted to contact him I would have CALLED him. I have his cell #.

Yhe user list doesn't always work. Not sure why. He is still a member. His posts are here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=19252

His profile is here:

I successfully sent a simple PM asking if he got the PM. It went through.

I am not defending him. I am defending the Probation List process. You wanting to contact him or not is NOT the point of the Probation List. You want to submit someone for the PL you contact them. You tell them you are outing them. If they choose to present their side, fine. If not, then on the PL they go.

I don't believe I have ever seen someone put on the PL 4 hours and 11 minutes after they were brought up with one side being heard. That is not what the PL has been or should be.

Should they return and post here people can tell him to haul his butt over to the Probation Discussion thread and explain himself.

If no effort is made to contact holyghost to let him know about this, I will republish the PL myself with their name removed. Not to defend holyghost but to defend how the PL should be handled.

A deal is a deal IMO. He should not have sold the books to someone else. If someone did this to me, I would be upset as well. Mot HOSorthy but, definately probation worthy.

So if it's only Probie worthy, and there is no possible way to complete the transaction, why not HOS?

holyghost is on the probation list in a disturbingly fast manner. Have you PMd him, as I posted, to tell him this has been brought up here and he can present his side?

There is no point considering he is no longer a member. I checked the user list and he is not listed. Besides, if I really wanted to contact him I would have CALLED him. I have his cell #.

Yhe user list doesn't always work. Not sure why. He is still a member. His posts are here:

His profile is here:

I successfully sent a simple PM asking if he got the PM. It went through.

I am not defending him. I am defending the Probation List process. You wanting to contact him or not is NOT the point of the Probation List. You want to submit someone for the PL you contact them. You tell them you are outing them. If they choose to present their side, fine. If not, then on the PL they go.

I don't believe I have ever seen someone put on the PL 4 hours and 11 minutes after they were brought up with one side being heard. That is not what the PL has been or should be.

Should they return and post here people can tell him to haul his butt over to the Probation Discussion thread and explain himself.

If no effort is made to contact holyghost to let him know about this, I will republish the PL myself with their name removed. Not to defend holyghost but to defend how the PL should be handled.

(thumbs u Unfortunate that this happened, but I agree that the process should be followed through.

Honestly after reading some of his threads I thought it would have taken him 4 hours and 11 minutes after he signed up on this forum.

Pov, I respect what you are about, and your stance on things. But what is Holyghost going to say to not be on the probation list? "Brad and I closed a deal - but it wasn't completely closed where I couldn't make more money" as a reason for selling the collection after-the-fact?

And as far as "what the PL has been or should be," things like off-board transactions being allowed because it displays poor character have been challenged in the past. Yet it was agreed by the masses it should be included. Also adding folks before 30 days because it was cut-and-dry there was no resolution to a situation, and what the offending party did was inappropriate.

I know Brad, and what he is about. Many do, though he doesn't engage that frequently on here. I believe him when he says how this was handled. And he has had people not follow through on their purchases here previously, and never said a word about Probation List just to avoid the noise. So he is a not a knee-jerk type guy.

Sorry your deal went south man. But if your supply of snake oil is running low, I'm sure holyghost still has enough to hook you up...

Pov, I respect what you are about, and your stance on things. But what is Holyghost going to say to not be on the probation list? "Brad and I closed a deal - but it wasn't completely closed where I couldn't make more money" as a reason for selling the collection after-the-fact?

And as far as "what the PL has been or should be," things like off-board transactions being allowed because it displays poor character have been challenged in the past. Yet it was agreed by the masses it should be included. Also adding folks before 30 days because it was cut-and-dry there was no resolution to a situation, and what the offending party did was inappropriate.

I know Brad, and what he is about. Many do, though he doesn't engage that frequently on here. I believe him when he says how this was handled. And he has had people not follow through on their purchases here previously, and never said a word about Probation List just to avoid the noise. So he is a not a knee-jerk type guy.

Nothing against Brad at ALL, I like him, but if you make a change like that, it's all down hill, everyone has the right to face their accusers, or at least be notified.

I can think of a few things that might happen in these kinds of transactions that might be construed as misunderstandings...and I am not defending anyone, but there is no reason to rush without at least attempting to make contact...which I see that both Michael and Brad have done (thumbs u

Edited by skypinkblu

I can think of a few things that might happen in these kinds of transactions that might be construed as misunderstandings...and I am not defending anyone, but there is no reason to rush without at least attempting to make contact...which I see that both Michael and Brad have done [/color] (thumbs u

Sharon, you are always a wonderful voice of reason. I respect you for that.

I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD.

But a PM takes precedences over a phone call? Maybe some folks missed this, but Brad spoke to him on the phone afterwards and was informed the seller had gone with someone else.

Is it more about getting Holyghost on here to explain himself, and why he sold the books after a deal was struck? I have a suspicion.

pictures-of-cash.jpg

Still thinking it over, though. hm

Nick, when Brad spoke to him on the phone, it was before he asked that Holyghost be put on the probation thread, so how on earth could he have advised him that he had made the request at that time, when it was before the fact?

A PM is no big deal, I'm not sure why you are trying to circumvent that part of the process.?

Brad may be a lovely easy going person, but as you know we have more than a few people who get emotional on here...

It's not like we are letting a convicted murderer roam the streets while Rome burns;)

I think Michael made a reasonable point, and I support him fully.

A PM is no big deal, I'm not sure why you are trying to circumvent that part of the process.?

Because going through the motion just to ask someone why they sold a collection for more money when they had a deal seems like wasted effort. The answer is going to be very clear.

No - no convicted killer involved. But it does set a tone for giving someone more time to conduct themself the same exact way with other board deals while we wait for their PM or thread response to tell us what we know is going to be the answer.

That's my only concern.

I guess I should take responsibility for prematurely requesting that he be added to the probation list. After reading all of the evidence, I am confident that nothing will change here. However, everyone is entitled to a trial by jury, and has the right to tell their side of the story.

I guess I should take responsibility for prematurely requesting that he be added to the probation list. After reading all of the evidence, I am confident that nothing will change here. However, everyone is entitled to a trial by jury, and has the right to tell their side of the story.

There is no way that d-bag is going to come back here. And if he does it will likely be one of the Harold Fuller-esque "You guys can't do anything to me" rants. After a day or two of no contact, rack him. Nothing will be hurt by paying lip service to the way things are normally done.

There is no way that d-bag is going to come back here. And if he does it will likely be one of the Harold Fuller-esque "You guys can't do anything to me" rants. After a day or two of no contact, rack him. Nothing will be hurt by paying lip service to the way things are normally done.

(thumbs u

I'm sure he joined just to try to get some interested parties and move his books. (I mean, c'mon, how many of us sell our books on CL?). I doubt that we will ever see or hear from this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed again.

Agreed, no one is asking for a 30-day wait, just contact the other party(which brad indicated he was going to do), wait 24-48 hours, then add him if it's not resolved.

True, and I don't blame anyone for adding him immediately.

From the first moment he was on this board he flouted and intentionally ignored ALL of the forum posting guidelines for his sale of books. Then he dramatically overgraded what he had for sale (a lie or massive ineptitude? Your choice) then ignored everyone guiding him to the right way to post.

Finally, he ignored the mods on a half dozen occasions informing him of the right way to list and post his books.

What about any of the above would lead any rational person to believe that he is going to respect this list, and its process?

Also, the books are gone, Brad's out of options for redress unless Holyghost gives Brad the difference between what Brad's purchase price would have been and what he actually sold the books for. Given that holyghost made the dik move on Brad for monetary gain I don't see someone as willingly clueless as he was here giving up the only thing he seems to care about.