• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

yeah that is not good business. you say he sold them to someone in florida? where are you and this guy located?

Chicagoland area.

He brings a knife, you bring a gun.

He sends one of your guys to the hospital, you send one of his guys to the morgue.

That's the Chicago way. So endeth the lesson.

Did you ever see the books? I don't mean pictures of them or scans or email or whatever. I mean, actually physically holding the durn things.

Holyghost is either so stupid he can't figure out through multiple attempts how to operate within the rules, or is a scammer looking for a mark. Or I guess he could be both. The evidence is certainly there to support either.

Did you tell him you were interested in them and that you would like to see them in person, or was your interest known to him prior to his knowing you were actually in a close-by zip code? I'm just wondering if he did the meet n greet to save face somehow?

Either way, I suspect you will be thanking him later for this nonsense

the Hulk 1 was advertised as 8.0 until CGC gave it a 5.0 PLOD so I don't think it is all that bad for you to miss out on this deal.

Yes, I am in Florida and no, it was not me that bought those books.

not a board transaction - back to General :baiting:

How the fcuhkk is this not a board transaction!?!?!?

It sounded like a transaction that occurred outside the marketplace forum (but I now see that there is an "off board" option for the probation nominees) I thought it was restricted to board transactions so Comicdonna was right. (thumbs u

Is this guy still on the user list?

Did you ever see the books? I don't mean pictures of them or scans or email or whatever. I mean, actually physically holding the durn things.

Holyghost is either so stupid he can't figure out through multiple attempts how to operate within the rules, or is a scammer looking for a mark. Or I guess he could be both. The evidence is certainly there to support either.

Did you tell him you were interested in them and that you would like to see them in person, or was your interest known to him prior to his knowing you were actually in a close-by zip code? I'm just wondering if he did the meet n greet to save face somehow?

Either way, I suspect you will be thanking him later for this nonsense

I met met him and his partner at his partners house. And yes, I did hold the books, along with many others which I passed on. I asked if they were available to view and I was told that these books, along with the books I passed on were for sale.

Seeing from his post you could see this coming . Every clue was there to stay very far away from seeing the breaking of forums rules here. Feel for ya and a deal is a deal. Would be worse I suppose if you gave a down payment.

Also what's his exact username? I don't see him on the user list and I don't remember him from sales threads. How recent were his sales threads in which he couldn't follow guidelines?

His user name is holyghost.

klozd24seven, I would send him a PM, if you haven't already, telling him this is being discussed in the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS thread and that he should respond there with his side of things.

holyghost is credited with 26 posts total, out of which 12 remain. I'm surprised some of the remaining ones are still here.

I, too cannot see HOS for this but I can certainly see the circumstances as outlined are worthy of the Probation List. Since holyghost last posted only a few days ago he may come online to address this.

not a board transaction - back to General :baiting:

How the fcuhkk is this not a board transaction!?!?!?

It sounded like a transaction that occurred outside the marketplace forum (but I now see that there is an "off board" option for the probation nominees) I thought it was restricted to board transactions so Comicdonna was right. (thumbs u

Is this guy still on the user list?

Actually, the deal was started here, from Holyghost's posts, and then continued via PM...then the meet was in person.

There was as much board contact in Brad's deal with Holyghost as any of us have with any board deal, but instead of shipping the books he met the guy in person.

It's completely and thoroughly a board deal.

Member to be voted into the Hall of Shame: HOLYGHOST

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

Who are you, and why is your post count so low?

:baiting:

Member to be voted into the Hall of Shame: HOLYGHOST

Details: after contacting him via PM pertaining to books he was looking to move, we set up a time to view comics he had for sale. Upon meeting up with him and his partner yesterday, My partner and i struck a deal to purchase 4 figures worth of books. Hands were shaken, hugs were given and both parties were happy. My cash for their comics were scheduled to trade hands tomorrow afternoon. I call an hour ago to set up a time and Andy(HOLYGHOST) tells me the books have been SOLD. Yup, right out from under me. Supposedly, a person from FLA offered and purchased said books this afternoon, 9 total, for over 2x what we agreed upon. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I sincerely doubt this can be rectified. Nuff said......

Discuss

Brad, my question here is why didn't you just do the deal right there. I know from my own experience when you leave stuff there its usually gone the next day. I would have been more than happy to go along with you if you were worried about a problem. Don't ever hesitate to get ahold of me. Hope everything works out.

DR.X