• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I need to put ZoMbiE13 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me stating, "Ok ill take it. Give me your address so I can mail you a money order on Tuesday." on 8/21/11.

The check never came. He said he was mailing me the check on a few occasions since but the last time I heard from him was 9/3/11. I have since sent him PMs and emails to his personal account and have not heard back.

I also need to put itsatoy67 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me on 6/24/11 stating, "I can send payment via Paypal & personal to avoid any fees, let me know if that works & your email address & I will get this out." and never sent payment and then made the excuse about 2 weeks later that he needed to talk to his wife and could not buy the book.

It seems like a lot of people are backing out on agreed to deals lately. hm

Yet no one's been added since 8/5? hm

I need to put ZoMbiE13 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me stating, "Ok ill take it. Give me your address so I can mail you a money order on Tuesday." on 8/21/11.

The check never came. He said he was mailing me the check on a few occasions since but the last time I heard from him was 9/3/11. I have since sent him PMs and emails to his personal account and have not heard back.

I also need to put itsatoy67 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me on 6/24/11 stating, "I can send payment via Paypal & personal to avoid any fees, let me know if that works & your email address & I will get this out." and never sent payment and then made the excuse about 2 weeks later that he needed to talk to his wife and could not buy the book.

A 2fer? This might be a first, can't remember one boardie nominating 2

people at the same time.

I'd like to nominate a board member for the probation list.

Sent invoice on 08/24 for a whopping $13 (two books) and was told he'd be paying by money order. After three weeks, I get the following PM:

Sorry to keep you waiting for so long but I'll have to pas on these books. I just got let go from my job so I'm now completely strapped for cash. If I manage to get some extra cash anytime soon I'll pm you to see if you still have these for sale. Sorry again.

Now, normally I wouldn't care a whole lot given the low dollar amount and such, but the message above was followed by

*Board User In Question* has removed themself from this topic.

He's a new user and I was going to discuss with him how things worked here in the forum marketplace, but since he removed himself from the PM thread, I'll bring it up here as a warning to other members (and him, if he's still here, which I kind of doubt). Reneging on a deal is one thing, then snubbing the communication is just rude, IMO.

If you fellas feel he's eligible, let me know and I'll provide his name.

*EDIT: It just got better. He made a post today in the 'What's new in your collection' thread in the SA forum of some stuff he picked up over the weekend.

This was posted 3.5 hours after his PM to me. Maybe he lost his job Monday or this morning, but color me dubious.

Sent invoice on 08/24 for a whopping $13 (two books) and was told he'd be paying by money order. After three weeks, I get the following PM:

Sorry to keep you waiting for so long but I'll have to pas on these books. I just got let go from my job so I'm now completely strapped for cash. If I manage to get some extra cash anytime soon I'll pm you to see if you still have these for sale. Sorry again.

Now, normally I wouldn't care a whole lot given the low dollar amount and such, but the message above was followed by

He's a new user and I was going to discuss with him how things worked here in the forum marketplace, but since he removed himself from the PM thread, I'll bring it up here as a warning to other members (and him, if he's still here, which I kind of doubt). Reneging on a deal is one thing, then snubbing the communication is just rude, IMO.

*EDIT: It just got better. He made a post today in the 'What's new in your collection' thread in the SA forum of some stuff he picked up over the weekend.

This was posted 3.5 hours after his PM to me. Maybe he lost his job Monday or this morning, but color me dubious.

I believe you have to wait 30 days (which isn't too far away). At that point, you need to make an attempt to contact him, and alert him of this thread. You can also add his name here, after the 30 days.

I believe you have to wait 30 days (which isn't too far away). At that point, you need to make an attempt to contact him, and alert him of this thread. You can also add his name here, after the 30 days.

Thirty days from after he tells me outright that he's not going to pay for the books?

Or is it thirty days after no contact?

Anyhow, I have no problem waiting thirty days, but he has made his indication to me very plainly that he is not paying, then removed himself from the PM discussion and then posted that he bought a bunch of cool stuff at the comic shop over the weekend. It doesn't seem to me that there is much wiggle room there.

Thirty days from after he tells me outright that he's not going to pay for the books?

I thought it was thirty days after no contact.

I am hoping I have not gave you wrong advice. I will wait for others to chime in.

I am hoping I have not gave you wrong advice. I will wait for others to chime in.

I don't think the 30 days applies. Send him another PM making him aware of this discussion but no need for 30 days if he has stated he will not be paying.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

Since he refused to pay after posting the :takeit: / agreeing to a sale you have the right to ask for them to be added. Ensure you send a PM to the individual telling them that you have brought their name up for discussion here and send them a link. (Make it a new PM to ensure they are added to the topic of discussion).

bageebus

this cluster cluck is worse than ebay in protecting nonpaying buyers

My point exactly - once the liberals take over no one will be put on the list ever . . . ;)

Just string 'em up, pardner :sumo:

Shades of Cal? :insane:lol

So I take it that my two non-payers will not make it to the probation list?

There's no one "keeper of the list" here; you can add them yourself. Just quote the list/code in the Probation List thread and put in your two additions.

Or is it thirty days after no contact?

Anyhow, I have no problem waiting thirty days, but he has made his indication to me very plainly that he is not paying, then removed himself from the PM discussion and then posted that he bought a bunch of cool stuff at the comic shop over the weekend. It doesn't seem to me that there is much wiggle room there.

Just out the doofus and let's move along :foryou: