• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

First transaction that has been worthy of a prob nomination, so hopefully I've followed all the guidelines :wishluck:

I was once forced, ;) , into watching a Lifetime movie starring the ravenous Annie Potts. Throughout the whole movie poor Annie was terrorized by an unknown assailant. Her car was wrecked, house destroyed, relationships sabotaged. One could only imagine what type of degenerate would subject our Heroine to such vile treatment. The buildup to the reveal was quite intense and finally caught in the act was...............Annie Potts's multiple personality. :o

Ever since that movie I have suspected most individuals suffer from a similar malady that causes them to wreck their own lives in interesting ways. This mystery board member is mighty suspicious. My heart can't have another Annie Potts like reveal. Out yourself if you must but please be gentle.

Admittedly, this may be my PTSD talking, and all occurring in my twisted fabrication of reality. I'd like to believe it's the former but suspect it's not. Yes, I've had a few cocktails but the thought of someone Annie Pottsing themselves has always tickled my fancy.

Good luck with this charlatan, Frank, we can always Annie Potts him together. hm

First transaction that has been worthy of a prob nomination, so hopefully I've followed all the guidelines :wishluck:

I was once forced, ;) , into watching a Lifetime movie starring the ravenous Annie Potts. Throughout the whole movie poor Annie was terrorized by an unknown assailant. Her car was wrecked, house destroyed, relationships sabotaged. One could only imagine what type of degenerate would subject our Heroine to such vile treatment. The buildup to the reveal was quite intense and finally caught in the act was...............Annie Potts's multiple personality. :o

Ever since that movie I have suspected most individuals suffer from a similar malady that causes them to wreck their own lives in interesting ways. This mystery board member is mighty suspicious. My heart can't have another Annie Potts like reveal. Out yourself if you must but please be gentle.

Admittedly, this may be my PTSD talking, and all occurring in my twisted fabrication of reality. I'd like to believe it's the former but suspect it's not. Yes, I've had a few cocktails but the thought of someone Annie Pottsing themselves has always tickled my fancy.

Good luck with this charlatan, Frank, we can always Annie Potts him together. hm

hm Not sure I follow Mike. I don't think he is a shill if that is what you're implying.

I gave his name above. He told me that he was located in Canada and from what I've found, that checks out to the name that he gave (also listed above).

hm Not sure I follow Mike. I don't think he is a shill if that is what you're implying.

I gave his name above. He told me that he was located in Canada and from what I've found, that checks out to the name that he gave (also listed above).

I've been trying to crowbar that Annie Potts movie into something. Clearly doesn't translate.

Just ignore me.

I've been trying to crowbar that Annie Potts movie into something. Clearly doesn't translate.

Just ignore me.

:roflmao: A for effort Mike.

Hi Frank. Hate to hear this about Tyson.

Doesn't seem like him tho... he snagged over $600 worth of XMen slabs off me over the late summer and paid up immediatly.

I hope everything is ok with him... but I sympathize with you sir. 30 days is 30 days and I know you have bills to pay too. Hopefully Tyson will get back on here and square things up with you asap.

Rupp

I would like to hear what people think about an issue I have encountered with another boardie. Before deciding to place this person on the list or not, I'd like to know if my nomination is legit.

On 7/11, I paid for two slabs per my post in their sales thread. On this same day, I requested the slabs be sent to my current address as I had not updated my Paypal address. The OP acknowledged my current location on 7/8 as well as my shipping address request on 7/12.

Slabs were shipped media mail on 7/17 per tracking # provided to me by OP on 7/27. On 8/3, I was concerned and checked tracking. Tracking showed that the slabs were sent to my old address in VA. This same day I notified OP that they had made a mistake in shipping.

After going back and forth on this shipping issue with OP, I finally got word from USPS in VA that the package shows as delivered, but since I did not live there it may have been forwarded. Because there was no signature required and it was media mail, I had skepticism in that there is a possibility that the box was just left there. I notified OP of this news and the communication ended at that...that I would wait for it to get forwarded to me...if not lost.

On 8/30, I reconnected with OP asking if the packaged had been returned to sender. Negative. After several PMs going back and forth on this, OP kept asking me to wait as it "usually takes 6-8 weeks for a package to be redelivered." It is now 10/8 and I am done waiting. I've been patient on this deal. It's been well over 2 months now and I've been patient enough.

On 10/1, I requested a full refund. I got the run around with a request to wait more time. I requested a full refund again on 10/02 and warned the OP that I'd bring this up for discussion on the probation thread in addition to nominating them. My PM has been ignored and unanswered since.

I have no slabs as of today and I am out my payment as well with not a single apology for their mistake in the first place. I'm just a little irritated. Thoughts anyone?

All around stinks for both of you. You know seller sent item, you have no doubt, you can see his tracking # to the wrong address. You have waited now almost 3 months, on CGC slabs that should not have been sent media mail in first place, to arrive.

It takes a minute to update paypal with correct address. Overlooking that step gummed up the works for months. I see both sides, would say you need to file paypal claim but at this point seems you are well past deadline to do so. And you gave the seller a heads up like 10 days ago that you would be outing them unless they refunded you, and there was no response, so its time.

boardie should be on the list for being unable to follow simple instructions

unless you have still not updated your paypal address, then you should nominate yourself

I will agree with dopy02 in that you should have taken the initiative to go ahead and update your Paypal address to your current address. That would have taken like what - 5 minutes? And sending slabs via Media Mail was a no-no in the first place. If you can't afford to pay $10 to pay for Priority Mail box shipping then you shouldn't be able to afford the slabs either.

I would nominate the seller though as they clearly didn't follow instructions that they personally acknowledged.

And could someone have been living at your former adress at the time the package was delivered? Since they didn't have to sign for it maybe THEY have the package.

Whose idea was media mail? doh!

+1

With what I know of priority pricing within the US I don't see why anyone would use another method.

If the seller agreed to deliver to your new address then they are on the hook to deliver your books to your new address. Seems straight forward. Anything less than delivering them to the new address would require a refund.

That being said....why was your paypal not updated???

Thanks for all your input, fellas.

Actually, not sure if it's media or parcel. Neither were my choice. I'm assuming because the shipping date was 07/17 and the delivery date to VA was 08/01. Long time if it would have been priority. I thought it was shipped priority, hence my concern after not receiving anything after awhile.

My paypal address is currently updated. I couldn't update it online and had to contact them directly. There was an issue with my profile, new cards, new and old address, etc. Huge headache with paypal. Took awhile to clear up.

Regardless, shipping address was verified with the OP. Since there is the possibility that the package is now lost after not having it delivered to me over 2 months now, I don't think a refund request was out of the question. If by a miracle the package does arrive in the future, I'd be more than happy to return the funds. No refunds and no slabs...I think I've been patient enough.

My last PM to OP has been unread for a week now. With that in mind, I'd like to place primeinvestibles to the probation list.

Edited by FIREFLY

Julio, if you have the tracking number, you should be able to find out how it was sent, media, parcel post, or Priority.BTW, if you paid with a credit card, you should contact your CC company right away, you might only have a 60 day window

Edited by skypinkblu

Hello All,

I am proposing adding daken2626 to the probation list.

On 8/12/11, he posted the red Take It sign for two CGC books in my sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=230991&Number=5005359#Post5005359

On 8/15/11, he sent a message about the payment: "thanks will zip that over asap "

I have tried to reach him since that time, but to no avail. He has also removed himself from the private message dialogue.

Thanks, Brian

Julio, if you have the tracking number, you should be able to find out how it was sent, media, parcel post, or Priority.BTW, if you paid with a credit card, you should contact your CC company right away, you might only have a 60 day window

Thanks, Sharon. Couldn't find out through tracking, but checked Paypal and it was sent Media Mail. Not my choice to send slabs this way. Writing this off, but still giving the opportunity to make things right.

Hello All,

Thanks, Brian

Brian, I see no issues with placing them on the list. Seems like plenty of time has been given and they clearly don't want to follow through with the transaction. Sorry you had to go through that, man. Sucks being stiffed like that. It can be very annoying.

Hello All,

On 8/12/11, he posted the red Take It sign for two CGC books in my sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=230991&Number=5005359#Post5005359

On 8/15/11, he sent a message about the payment: "thanks will zip that over asap "

I have tried to reach him since that time, but to no avail. He has also removed himself from the private message dialogue.

Thanks, Brian

He's a serial delayed seller/buyer.

The reason I asked for a discussion thread in the first place was b/c of Daken2626. The idea was that people could post their problems with buyers/sellers without having to wait the "official" 30 days for probation. Seems nothing has changed. New thread.

Previous probation thread.

And here.

Julio, we both agreed to $50 shipped via media mail. Also, I don't feel that I should take full blame on this transaction. You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books. I did not mail out the books for at least 3 days after your paid for them, so I assumed the address which paypal had on file was correct. I mailed out the books as agreed and the post office has verified that they are in transit. You need to contact the post office and keep track of this since I provided you with the tracking info. The post office has already informed you that it has been resent to your new address and that it will take time so the item is not lost

but is in transit.

Julio, we both agreed to $50 shipped via media mail. Also, I don't feel that I should take full blame on this transaction. You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books. I did not mail out the books for at least 3 days after your paid for them, so I assumed the address which paypal had on file was correct. I mailed out the books as agreed and the post office has verified that they are in transit. You need to contact the post office and keep track of this since I provided you with the tracking info. The post office has already informed you that it has been resent to your new address and that it will take time so the item is not lost

but is in transit.

I'm a little confused here, did Julio give you his current address? I know I sold him some books around the same time and he was very clear about the change of address and that it they needed to go to California.

Did you tell him it would take 6- 8 weeks to be forwarded? Do you have anything to verify that? It sounds a little out of the ordinary?

but is in transit.

I'm a little confused here, did Julio give you his current address? I know I sold him some books around the same time and he was very clear about the change of address and that it they needed to go to California.

Did you tell him it would take 6- 8 weeks to be forwarded? Do you have anything to verify that? It sounds a little out of the ordinary?

Horse and buggy? (shrug)