• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yep, and I believe the intent of probation lists are for a) buyers who don't pay on time or b) sellers who don't ship books after being paid.

Then what would you propose for a seller that sets up a sales thread, has buyers hit the :takeit: and then the seller just acts like the thread never happened???

How is a buyer not paying on time any different than a seller not responding to the :takeit: and not sending invoices or responding for well over 30 days? Seems like the EXACT same thing to me??? (shrug)

If buyers hit the :takeit: on APRIL 11TH, when exactly were you planning on sending invoices considering its now May 15th?

Edited by sufunk

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Until then....he has a fan in me.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

:hi::baiting::taptaptap:

:sorry:

I couldn't have said it more obscurely myself.

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

:acclaim:

:acclaim:
(worship)

I have bought a book from quality comics on ebay and its in the process of shipping to me now. But as far as the sales thread on here i just assumed it was over and the books were no longer for sale i was still very new and figured that sellers had multiple sales threads on multiple sites and they sold somewhere else. Some i bought in the thread i have since picked up elsewhere now if its going to make me look bad for not buying them 30 days after the last thread i will but im really no longer in the market for most of them. Any feed back on this would be appreciated. I never did get an invoice no money was exchanged so im not out anything and he is not out anything.

Edited by roundguy

I have bought a book from quality comics on ebay and its in the process of shipping to me now. But as far as the sales thread on here i just assumed it was over and the books were no longer for sale i was still very new and figured that sellers had multiple sales threads on multiple sites and they sold somewhere else. Some i bought in the thread i have since picked up elsewhere now if its going to make me look bad for not buying them 30 days after the last thread i will but im really no longer in the market for most of them. Any feed back on this would be appreciated. I never did get an invoice no money was exchanged so im not out anything and he is not out anything.
I am guessing you are not obligated to purchase these books, since 30 days have expired, and still no invoice.

I don't know how other boardies feel but Ebay feedback means nothing to me. I'd rather take a fellow board members experience as a guide on whether to buy from someone...

It is nice if you dont mind the mad blizzards we get once in awhile. Im from the east coast conn still have family there but i like the slower pace here and in summer/fall it is one of the nicest places i can think to be

Yeah, in my book you have ZERO obligation to buy them now since the seller never bothered to invoice you in well over 30 days (thumbs u

For him to come here and act like all is fine and they're read to go is I'm sorry, a little :screwy:

Ps- robojo has 100% feedback as well, doesn't make him a good seller. I'm not saying you're robojo but you dropped the ball bigtime on this sales thread IMO. An apology would be more appropriate than indignation (shrug)

It is nice if you dont mind the mad blizzards we get once in awhile. Im from the east coast conn still have family there but i like the slower pace here and in summer/fall it is one of the nicest places i can think to be
I was there last fall, and didn't want to leave.

I do not think that quality comics should be on the prob list.Im a small fry in a big pond but this is how i feel he never took money just didnt sell his books.Now if it happens again i can see a pattern and then i would agree.Unless he has done this in the past? and i dont know about it (still a noob)

Did you go through Spearfish Canyon in the fall that is a sight to see all the leaves turning and the falls are at peak Little slice of heaven.

Did you go through Spearfish Canyon in the fall that is a sight to see all the leaves turning and the falls are at peak Little slice of heaven.

I looked for gold in Spearfish canyon. I also caught some nice trout, which I let go.

178.jpg

179.jpg

177.jpg

No gold though.

lol would not catch and release the gold would ya. DAM outta staters always taking my gold JK hope you had a good time here come back again only one LCS but we also only have a pop.of 65k

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

On December 19, 2008 I sent $145 to mjacobs8 for two Avengers comics I purchased here on the boards. Michael posted fairly often at that time and I had had successful transactions with him in the past. In this case he flaked on the deal with me and some others and disappeared from the boards. djpinkpanther67 tried to contact him in person but he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly today I received a $150 repayment from him, 3.5 years later! He apologized, regreted his actions and hoped he hadn't caused me any hardship. As you might expect, I pretty surprised. I guess if you have faith things can work out. Michael, I appreciate you squaring things up after I had already forgotten the incident. :applause:

Mike