• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If that is right and no invoice went out over a 40 day period, it is certainly Probation List worthy. I saw Quality's reply. If he has not sent an invoice how is he expecting to be paid?

Failure on Seller's part is as much a failure as failure on Buyer's part.

If that is right and no invoice went out over a 40 day period, it is certainly Probation List worthy. I saw Quality's reply. If he has not sent an invoice how is he expecting to be paid?

Failure on Seller's part is as much a failure as failure on Buyer's part.

made me think if this:

fff_dp02.jpg

Free The FFFB!!! lol

I agree with what most have posted here about this being worthy of a nomination but,,,,if Pirate follows through with the nomination there should be some defined way for the nominee to get off of the PL list since Pirate & someone else who bought in the same thread have said that they don't necessarily want the books they bought.

I support someone who comes here and says they are walking away from an :takeit: because they haven't been invoiced in 40 days but if all parties are in agreement that the sale won't be taking place what's required of the nominee to get off the list?

Just adding my 2c

I'm one of the people that he never invoiced or responded to my PM asking him for an invoice. If he invoiced me now I suppose I would pay for the book, but I most likely wouldn't do business with him again 2c

This is most unusual.

Normally a bad buyer is one that doesn't pay.

And a bad seller is one that gets paid then doesn't ship.

What to do when a sales thread turns into a miscarriage?

I mean most of us don't scan and list comics for sale unless we intend to sell them so this scenario was never considered.

Phantom Seller - Lists books then disappears without ever accepting payment.

What do we do about it?

Penalty Box treatment:

Make them watch My Favorite Pony videos for a few hours or what?

???

What do we do with someone who posts :takeit: and never pays?

It is the same thing in reverse.

In the delinquent buyer's case, the buyer has committed to buy a book or books and the seller, in good faith, takes them off the market.

In the delinquent seller's case, the seller has committed to sell a book opr books and the buyer, in good faith, restrains from making a different purchase of the same book(s).

This is most unusual.

Normally a bad buyer is one that doesn't pay.

And a bad seller is one that gets paid then doesn't ship.

What to do when a sales thread turns into a miscarriage?

I mean most of us don't scan and list comics for sale unless we intend to sell them so this scenario was never considered.

Phantom Seller - Lists books then disappears without ever accepting payment.

What do we do about it?

Penalty Box treatment:

Make them watch My Favorite Pony videos for a few hours or what?

???

Are those still on? I used to watch them for hours with my daughter, very relaxing, she'd watch, I'd get to go back to sleep;)

Wouldn't it be something simple like, invoices go out, payment is made, book/books received, off list?

I agree with what most have posted here about this being worthy of a nomination but,,,,if Pirate follows through with the nomination there should be some defined way for the nominee to get off of the PL list since Pirate & someone else who bought in the same thread have said that they don't necessarily want the books they bought.

I support someone who comes here and says they are walking away from an :takeit: because they haven't been invoiced in 40 days but if all parties are in agreement that the sale won't be taking place what's required of the nominee to get off the list?

Just adding my 2c

Ironically, if Brent goes on the list he would have to invoice the buyers, accept payment and ship the books to get off the list, if the buyers still want them.

Can't wait for Shatner to feature this on

shatner_1008.jpg

For the record, failing to invoice buyers and ignoring their requests for an invoice should put Brent on the probation list. Sometimes buyers pass up on a book because they've already committed to a book and rightfully expect that they will have to pay for it. No different than a seller selling a book or books, taking the books off the market while waiting for payment and missing out on the opportunity to sell the books to someone else.

And if a seller on ebay refused to accept payment for books on ebay you can bet he would have plenty of negative feedback.

I don't know why this is even being discussed. Do we have differnet sets of rules here for different sellers? He should be on the list, and that's it. What good are the rules if they keep getting side-stepped or tweaked.

I don't know why this is even being discussed. Do we have differnet sets of rules here for different sellers? He should be on the list, and that's it. What good are the rules if they keep getting side-stepped or tweaked.

Long answer: No, The person making the complaint has to go to the Probation List and add Qualitycomics

Short answer: Yes!!!

Long answer: No, The person making the complaint has to go to the Probation List and add Qualitycomics

Yes I feel what Brent did was wrong and Probation list worthy, but I have to ask, why are you pushing it so hard? Did you buy something from the FS thread? If so, you do have a right, if not the people who bought off him should be pushing the issue.

Yes I feel what Brent did was wrong and Probation list worthy, but I have to ask, why are you pushing it so hard? Did you buy something from the FS thread? If so, you do have a right, if not the people who bought off him should be pushing the issue.

Just for the record, I could care less if he's on the PL list. He needs to send out invoices. It's incredibly rude and irresponsible. If it was some noob, he'd have been on a while ago. His flippant attitude about this I find highly annoying (shrug)

And no, I didn't buy anything from him nor would I ever after this. Why exactly shouldn't people be pushing this though? Do you think it's ok to set up a sales thread and the. Just act like it didn't happen?

I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5592745&Searchpage=1&Main=254509&Words=+qualitycomix&topic=0&Search=true#Post5592745

I don't care either way if you probation quality or not. I was just bringing this to the committee's attention as it seems there have been multiple instances over the years of crappy customer service.

This one irked me as I spent quite a bit of time over a few days watching and winning auctions and then there's the lazy answer of well no money exchanged hands . I won't deal with him again. Should have headed the earlier warnings.

I believe this was Pirate's nomination originally. The next post appears to reflect him backing off his stance a bit. My understanding is an offended party (him or anyone else involved in the thread) must place the boardie on PL after a PM notification of such and a small wait period to respond (a couple or several days...I cannot remember exactly). Anyway, unless someone else made a nomination, it looks like the ball is in Anthony's court for the moment to confirm his first post or indicate that it was instead more of a public warning to others.

It's high time that we start adding sellers who use "CGC it!" or "not CGC" or "CGC worthy" or "PGX/CGC"

Why?

Because these sellers think the rules don't apply to them. They think it's ok to divert eyeballs to their PGX graded, or ungraded, items.

Since eBay is CLEARLY unwilling to do it, it's high time we start holding members here accountable.

It's high time that we start adding sellers who use "CGC it!" or "not CGC" or "CGC worthy" or "PGX/CGC"

Why?

Because these sellers think the rules don't apply to them. They think it's ok to divert eyeballs to their PGX graded, or ungraded, items.

Since eBay is CLEARLY unwilling to do it, it's high time we start holding members here accountable.

:o

WHOA!!! When did you start talking again?!?

Welcome back! :foryou: