• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Not selling is no different than not paying.

:applause:

I've had this happen to me at least once since I joined the Boards (and I even did part of the seller's work and sent a PM asking for my invoice...which never arrived), and it's a pain in the @ss: it ties up my money, and keeps me guessing. As a customer, those are two BIG negatives.

My guess, based upon purely circumstantial evidence, is that this is probably more common with higher rolling sellers--or, less likely, with sellers who conduct long, drawn-out sales threads and kinda-sorta understandably lose track of things over time--than it is with plebes who don't have multiple income streams when it comes to unloading their books and could really use the the $$...

^^

I have noticed that a BSD is more likely to for some reason set up a sales thread and then act like they dont have to follow thru with it after you hit the :takeit:

Oh well meh

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Until then....he has a fan in me.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

For some reason I've always had this as one of my "watched" threads, so I suppose I tended to post here more than on some of the others, but I've been trying to be a little more quiet, since someone accused me of being "mean" to his friends a few months ago...and you are one of this person's "friends" ...so please don't take the following as any attempt to be "mean".. There are just a few things, I'd like to bring up as a member here.

1. There were at least 2 other incidents where your name was brought up here for not mailing books on time. Possibly 3, I don't remember.

2. I don't understand the point of having a sales thread and not invoicing people, it's part of the accepted way of doing business here.

3. Yes, the seller has responsibilities too, not just the buyer. Even if money has not changed hands, the buyer should be treated with respect.

and this part is just my opinion.

I'm not quite sure why you made the statement above, at the very least an apology and explanation (if you had a problem getting the invoices out) would seem to be appropriate. Things happen, but brushing the incident off, seems kind of rude.

+1

For some reason, that response REALLY rubbed me the wrong way! To leave people hanging without sending out invoices for well over 30 days and then come on here and state how "prompt" your shipping is as soon as someone "pays" , I just don't get for the life of me ???

I'll ask again, when exactly were you planning on invoicing people that thought they were buying books in early April??? That just strikes me as incredibly rude to your buyers. At the very least they deserve apologies and IMMEDIATE invoices, not statements about how prompt your shipping is! rantrant

Agreed. Brent you seem to have many friends in the hobby and I get the impression that you're honest but you seem to have problems completing your sales transactions on time. I don't see it as probation worthy since money hasn't changed hands but I appreciate hearing about it and I'm sure many others do also.

And Brent, your apology sucks

Others may disagree, but personally, i do DEFINITELY see this as probation worthy. When a buyer doesnt pay, no money changes hands but they get put on the Probie list for leaving the seller hanging when he was expecting payment. I dont see how this is any different. Buyer hitting the :takeit:, are expecting to be able to buy the books theyve chosen. They commit to buy and im sure then pass up opportunities to buy the same books elsewhere. When a seller then just completely ignores them and doesnt even bother to send out an invoice, to me, that is certainly probation worthy.

I just dont see any difference whatsoever between what he has done and a buyer who refuses to send payment after being invoiced. he has a commitment to sell to buyers just like buyers have a commitment to pay (shrug)

To me the difference is that the buyer could have contacted Brent requesting to pay. I believe that didn't happen. SOP is for the seller to invoice the buyer but there's nothing stopping the buyer from initiating contact and I don't think the seller should be put on the list until the buyer has made a reasonable attempt to pay.

There was an open PM at the time from when the sale opened where I had asked Brent a question. It doesn't fall on me to contact the seller. It wasn't just me that was missed, as far I know, no one got an invoice. This was a large multi day sale with many buyers. There is no difference.

I don't understand why Brent keeps dropping the ball and I can understand your frustration. It doesn't make sense to spend time scanning, grading and listing books and then fail to send invoices, and it sure shows a lack of consideration for the buyers.

Part of the probation process is to contact the other person and tell them that you're gonna nominate them for the list unless they address the issue. Far as I can see all he has to do is invoice you.

+1

Like I said, I'm not saying he should get PL for this. Why he made the post he did about prompt shipping is a MAJOR head scratcher though!!!

After this snafu, I'm shocked his post wasn't "OMG!! I'm so sorry guys, invoices will go out ASAP!!!" instead of tellin us how fast he ships! ???

+1

Like I said, I'm not saying he should get PL for this. Why he made the post he did about prompt shipping is a MAJOR head scratcher though!!!

After this snafu, I'm shocked his post wasn't "OMG!! I'm so sorry guys, invoices will go out ASAP!!!" instead of tellin us how fast he ships! ???

Bingo, the answer was, and is, just apologize sincerely, and take care of business going forward.

+1

Bingo, the answer was, and is, just apologize sincerely, and take care of business going forward.

+1

For the most part, members here are about as understanding and forgiving as you'll find if you just are sincere and communicate (thumbs u

Why so many sellers/buyers don't take advantage of that fact MUCH more often, I'll never understand ???

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Until then....he has a fan in me.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

For some reason I've always had this as one of my "watched" threads, so I suppose I tended to post here more than on some of the others, but I've been trying to be a little more quiet, since someone accused me of being "mean" to his friends a few months ago...and you are one of this person's "friends" ...so please don't take the following as any attempt to be "mean".. There are just a few things, I'd like to bring up as a member here.

1. There were at least 2 other incidents where your name was brought up here for not mailing books on time. Possibly 3, I don't remember.

2. I don't understand the point of having a sales thread and not invoicing people, it's part of the accepted way of doing business here.

3. Yes, the seller has responsibilities too, not just the buyer. Even if money has not changed hands, the buyer should be treated with respect.

and this part is just my opinion.

I'm not quite sure why you made the statement above, at the very least an apology and explanation (if you had a problem getting the invoices out) would seem to be appropriate. Things happen, but brushing the incident off, seems kind of rude.

+1

For some reason, that response REALLY rubbed me the wrong way! To leave people hanging without sending out invoices for well over 30 days and then come on here and state how "prompt" your shipping is as soon as someone "pays" , I just don't get for the life of me ???

I'll ask again, when exactly were you planning on invoicing people that thought they were buying books in early April??? That just strikes me as incredibly rude to your buyers. At the very least they deserve apologies and IMMEDIATE invoices, not statements about how prompt your shipping is! rantrant

Agreed. Brent you seem to have many friends in the hobby and I get the impression that you're honest but you seem to have problems completing your sales transactions on time. I don't see it as probation worthy since money hasn't changed hands but I appreciate hearing about it and I'm sure many others do also.

And Brent, your apology sucks

Others may disagree, but personally, i do DEFINITELY see this as probation worthy. When a buyer doesnt pay, no money changes hands but they get put on the Probie list for leaving the seller hanging when he was expecting payment. I dont see how this is any different. Buyer hitting the :takeit:, are expecting to be able to buy the books theyve chosen. They commit to buy and im sure then pass up opportunities to buy the same books elsewhere. When a seller then just completely ignores them and doesnt even bother to send out an invoice, to me, that is certainly probation worthy.

I just dont see any difference whatsoever between what he has done and a buyer who refuses to send payment after being invoiced. he has a commitment to sell to buyers just like buyers have a commitment to pay (shrug)

To me the difference is that the buyer could have contacted Brent requesting to pay. I believe that didn't happen. SOP is for the seller to invoice the buyer but there's nothing stopping the buyer from initiating contact and I don't think the seller should be put on the list until the buyer has made a reasonable attempt to pay.

There was an open PM at the time from when the sale opened where I had asked Brent a question. It doesn't fall on me to contact the seller. It wasn't just me that was missed, as far I know, no one got an invoice. This was a large multi day sale with many buyers. There is no difference.

I PM'ed him asking for an invoice and never got a response. Not the first time this has happened to me on here, though my first time with Brent.

I say we give 10 days (from date of :takeit:) to send an invoice. Is that reasonable? 30 sounds way too long...

For those long epic sales threads, the seller could add some language like "invoices will be sent out in 15 days" or whatever.

Edited by Speedy-D

I say we give 10 days (from date of :takeit:) to send an invoice. Is that reasonable? 30 sounds way too long...

For those long epic sales threads, the seller could add some language like "invoices will be sent out in 15 days" or whatever.

I would be down for that. Just curious...if the seller had been a newbie instead of Brent, would people still be walking on eggshells?

I would be down for that. Just curious...if the seller had been a newbie instead of Brent, would people still be walking on eggshells?

Seems Brent's been pretty roundly rebuked. :shrug:

Really? For a guy with a history of this, it seems he's gotten off pretty lightly (shrug)

Really? For a guy with a history of this, it seems he's gotten off pretty lightly (shrug)

Yo, don't be shruggin' on my shrug!! :shrug: :shrug:

I haven't payed super close attention to this one, but I don't recall anyone defending his bad customer service. I think the fact that people know him, and know that while the service may be bad, the comics will be shipped, mitigates the ire to an extent. And yes, that would most likely not be the case with a noob.

:gossip: Someone's smoking some weed in my building. It reeks right now!! lol

10 days is more than enough time to send out invoices, unless something happens, and if something does happen, you don't even have to email everyone, just post a message in your sales thread that something out of the ordinary came up and you will get them out ASAP, people in general are very understanding here.

However this stuff is just common sense, I'm not sure we need to add it to the "rules", because if someone is not going to send invoices in 10 days, I can't see putting them on the probation list.

I'm beginning to think there should be a "wristslap" section there, like a "dishonorable" mention category...when you do something that is just plain ...not appropriate (I crossed out several other words.)

I am not REALLY proposing that, I'm kind of sadly joking.

+1

I'm pretty surprised he STILL hasn't sent out invoices if that's the case. I didn't think this was PL worthy a few days ago but if he's still just completely ignoring his responsibilities to the buyers even after this thread, I say throw him on the PL until he can learn how buying/selling works on this planet!

A noob would certainly be PL'd by now IMO. Totally inexcusable! I know I would NEVER buy from him with what I've seen!

+1

I'm pretty surprised he STILL hasn't sent out invoices if that's the case. I didn't think this was PL worthy a few days ago but if he's still just completely ignoring his responsibilities to the buyers even after this thread, I say throw him on the PL until he can learn how buying/selling works on this planet!

A noob would certainly be PL'd by now IMO. Totally inexcusable! I know I would NEVER buy from him with what I've seen!

I don't plan to try again. I know there are quite a few people who will excuse a lot of questionable behavior if the seller has sweet books...but my mother didn't raise me that way. A person is only as good as his word (thumbs u

+1

3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

When I sold on here I sent the books the day after I was paid. It's just the right thing to do. If you don't want to sell, don't advertise. Pretty simple economics. What is it with some dealers that regret selling???

Dan

PL for Brent for not sending out invoices for now close to 40 days!

Yes, totally inexcusable at this point 6 86%

No, give him more time based on his rep 0 0%

Crack 1 14%

Gallup himself would be in awe of your ability not to weight a question! :baiting:

+1

There's VERY few excuses to not send out invoices within say 5-7 days after the thread ends. For a dealer, there's no excuse whatsoever for a 40+ day wait unless he's been in a coma. Totally and completely rude and irresponsible especially considering he knew about this thread and people being upset like a week ago.

I know he has friends here and I'm sure some will come and defend him but I'll be interested to hear what possible defense they can come up with for this. It's just plain rude IMO rantrant