• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

PL for Brent for not sending out invoices for now close to 40 days!

Yes, totally inexcusable at this point 6 86%

No, give him more time based on his rep 0 0%

Crack 1 14%

Gallup himself would be in awe of your ability not to weight a question! :baiting:

You should have seen the 1st draft!!! lol

+1

There's VERY few excuses to not send out invoices within say 5-7 days after the thread ends. For a dealer, there's no excuse whatsoever for a 40+ day wait unless he's been in a coma. Totally and completely rude and irresponsible especially considering he knew about this thread and people being upset like a week ago.

I know he has friends here and I'm sure some will come and defend him but I'll be interested to hear what possible defense they can come up with for this. It's just plain rude IMO rantrant

I'm sure most of the defense will sound something like this: he's one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet and as honest as the day is long... :blahblah:

Bin there, dun that...heard it all before :eyeroll:

lol

I have a feeling you're right. Only thing you forgot was the "I've bought from him many times and still will even if I have to wait 2 months for an invoice!". :eyeroll:

I hate to bring this up. Purchased books from 50s horror buff/Jeremy on this thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5611627&fpart=1

Paid April 21 and still waiting for the books. A Pm I sent a few days has gone unread. I noticed he hasn't posted since that thread so I pmed some of the boardies who also purchased from that thread. 3 have not received and 3 have.

I definitely get the feeling that he a honest guy and means well, and I hope he is ok but I can't ignore that there is a problem.

Edited by thehumantorch

Apparently i'm not the only one annoyed! 21 to 1 is a pretty convincing total!

even "crack" which usually piles up the votes and is incredibly popular only has 2 votes!!! :o

I'd start working on invoices if i were Brent hm

(O god, am I reopening a crazy can of worms?)

^^

There's nothing remotely crazy about a seller taking an engaged & active role in a sales thread they started & requiring timely payment, and a buyer paying it...

smiley_nah.gif

To me, 30 days sounds like too long for this step of the process. I think something like 10 days is ample. All the seller has to do is send a PM with a total, or respond to a PM from the buyer. Does 10 days not sound decent? (O god, am I reopening a crazy can of worms?)

As far as the 30 day thing goes, I think some folks are misunderstanding. The First Rule of Robotics The Probation List Rules states:

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

Note the word completed here.

As far as the 30 day thing goes, I think some folks are misunderstanding. The First Rule of Robotics The Probation List Rules states:

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

Care for another round of insanity? :sick: After looking at the rules again, that first one seems a touch vague... :baiting:

Care for another round of insanity? :sick: After looking at the rules again, that first one seems a touch vague... :baiting:

The rules are open for ANYONE to initiate change. I do not need to be a part of it, so if people want to change things they are certainly free to take the lead on it. (thumbs u

The rules are open for ANYONE to initiate change. I do not need to be a part of it, so if people want to change things they are certainly free to take the lead on it. (thumbs u

no way! :ohnoez:

I don't understand, are you saying you can't go on the PL for not sending out invoices because it wasnt " completed" or talking about something completely different ???

I don't understand, are you saying you can't go on the PL for not sending out invoices because it wasnt " completed" or talking about something completely different ???

I think he's referring to all the talk (from me and others) about having 30 days to pay, then 30 days to ship, and saying it's actually just a general 30 days to complete the transaction.

I think he's referring to all the talk (from me and others) about having 30 days to pay, then 30 days to ship, and saying it's actually just a general 30 days to complete the transaction.

^^

^^

When Cal takes over the world, you should make sure he sets it up so we gotta pay you royalties for smiley usage.

I would see that as meaning the seller failed in their part of the transaction.

The transaction begins when both parties agree to the terms. When the buyer knows that he said he takes the book, and the seller responds stating that they know it and reflect it in the thread, the time should begin. If there are multiple books then the two parties should recognize that, and keep up with the group, so the start would be when they both acknowledge when the last book is "taken."

I would see that as meaning the seller failed in their part of the transaction.

The transaction begins when both parties agree to the terms. When the buyer knows that he said he takes the book, and the seller responds stating that they know it and reflect it in the thread, the time should begin. If there are multiple books then the two parties should recognize that, and keep up with the group, so the start would be when they both acknowledge when the last book is "taken."

If I read this whole thing right, 40 days have elapsed and no invoice form Quality to the buyer? How are they supposed to pay? I saw Quality's initial post...saw no specifics about PayPal ID or mail address for check/mo. Am I missing something?

No, you have it right. No invoices or payment info has been provided I believe.

At this point, especially since he responded in this thread last week and STILL hasn't invoiced the buyers, I would definitely vote for him going on the PL list (shrug)

Just flat out inexcusable and rude!

No, you have it right. No invoices or payment info has been provided I believe.

At this point, especially since he responded in this thread last week and STILL hasn't invoiced the buyers, I would definitely vote for him going on the PL list (shrug)

Just flat out inexcusable and rude!

I got no beef with that. I forget ... who actually brought this all up? Was it you?