• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

A few people have suggested Supapimp be added to the Hall of Shame. Having considered it i would like to formally submit him.

Here are the details

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5776619#Post5776619

Technically it wasn't a marketplace deal, more like a trade but i think it's eligible because:

1. I gave some stuff away and paid shipping to send it, he would have recieved something from someone else but he didn't give anything back despite promising to do so. That's receiving goods under false pretense, i.e; that's theft.

2. He used the excuse about not wanting to pay shipping despite my and others offering to pay it. He didn't even bother to read it.

3. He still refuses to make good on it and basically doesn't care. A few people in that thread said they won't deal with him anymore so might as well make it official.

Sounds good to me

For All of Shame? It was $15, right? 5 years ago? And he's had no problems with anyone since? I'd say maybe that was probation-worthy if it'd been brought up at the time, but HoS five years later? Sounds like some serious overkill to me.

Erm i don't think you read the details. A New Mutants 98 CGC 9.6 has never been $15. I was personally out about $80-100 with shipping if i remember correctly and it was 4 1/2 years ago. More than the cash amount it's about conduct, circumstances (Christmas for crying out loud!) and ignoring PM's and replies back then and even now. It's shameful. I let it slide until others were saying what a stand up guy he was and i wanted it known that well, he sadly isn't.

hm Huh, did I just make up that bit about $15? Sorry 'bout that. And I'm not defending the guy, it's obviously embarrassingly lame to weasel your way out of a good-faith deal that's mostly just supposed to be fun on the holidays. I still think HoS is overkill though. At least in my mind, the HoS is for the egregious, often repeat offender, who tries to milk boardies for as much loot as they can under whatever pretenses they can get away with.

If this had just happened, we'd be talking about the PL, no? I'd still like to know if it's the case that supapimp has had no troubles in the 4.5 years since.

A few people have suggested Supapimp be added to the Hall of Shame. Having considered it i would like to formally submit him.

Here are the details

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5776619#Post5776619

Technically it wasn't a marketplace deal, more like a trade but i think it's eligible because:

1. I gave some stuff away and paid shipping to send it, he would have recieved something from someone else but he didn't give anything back despite promising to do so. That's receiving goods under false pretense, i.e; that's theft.

2. He used the excuse about not wanting to pay shipping despite my and others offering to pay it. He didn't even bother to read it.

3. He still refuses to make good on it and basically doesn't care. A few people in that thread said they won't deal with him anymore so might as well make it official.

Sounds good to me

For All of Shame? It was $15, right? 5 years ago? And he's had no problems with anyone since? I'd say maybe that was probation-worthy if it'd been brought up at the time, but HoS five years later? Sounds like some serious overkill to me.

Erm i don't think you read the details. A New Mutants 98 CGC 9.6 has never been $15. I was personally out about $80-100 with shipping if i remember correctly and it was 4 1/2 years ago. More than the cash amount it's about conduct, circumstances (Christmas for crying out loud!) and ignoring PM's and replies back then and even now. It's shameful. I let it slide until others were saying what a stand up guy he was and i wanted it known that well, he sadly isn't.

hm Huh, did I just make up that bit about $15? Sorry 'bout that. And I'm not defending the guy, it's obviously embarrassingly lame to weasel your way out of a good-faith deal that's mostly just supposed to be fun on the holidays. I still think HoS is overkill though. At least in my mind, the HoS is for the egregious, often repeat offender, who tries to milk boardies for as much loot as they can under whatever pretenses they can get away with.

If this had just happened, we'd be talking about the PL, no? I'd still like to know if it's the case that supapimp has had no troubles in the 4.5 years since.

K, probation is cool.

Here are the details

Sounds good to me

Fair enough. I have no idea about his dealings since then, i barely checked in after that because of getting shafted on half a dozen deals in a row, including Supapimp. I'll let others decide if it should be probation, HoS or nothing at all. People just suggested it in the other thread and after considering it i felt it was justified.

Yikes! :o

I think HOS is definitely WAAAAAY out of line, PL would be the proper course if any.

It definitely sucks what happened to you and should be made right, however that might be now 5 years later. i would like to say though that i've bought a few times from Supa in the time i've been here and have never had any trouble whatsoever. I dont really know him and wouldn't say that we are friends so i have no reason to vouch for him other than he definitely seemed standup to me and did everything he was supposed to in the deals i made with him. Communication was perfect and books were sent immediately after payment.

Agaiun, it definitely sucks that this happened and im dont understand why it did but it seems like he has had no problems at all in the last 5 years so even the PL at this point seems kinda harsh imo (shrug)

If he goes on the PL, what's the resolution that would get him off again? A big reason for the PL is to get a transaction completed.

That is a good point that was made in the CG thread. A.F. needs to figure out something that would be good enough to get him off the PL. MAybe $20 to Hero Initiative or something.

If he goes on the PL, what's the resolution that would get him off again? A big reason for the PL is to get a transaction completed.

That is a good point that was made in the CG thread. A.F. needs to figure out something that would be good enough to get him off the PL. MAybe $20 to Hero Initiative or something.

+!

I'm not sure what happened here, I seem to remember someone during one of the raffles, being unemployed and not able to afford shipping. If that was the case, the person might have felt funny mentioning it. I believe that after this incident, people were ASKED if they were willing to ship internationally. :shrug: to prevent problems. Not everyone has the funds during the holidays for extra expenditurest.

Sean's idea makes sense, although I'm not sure PL would fit here, maybe just not being allowed to join the raffle until he covers International shipping for one of the gifts.

Edited by skypinkblu

+!

I'm not sure what happened here, I seem to remember someone during one of the raffles, being unemployed and not able to afford shipping. If that was the case, the person might have felt funny mentioning it. I believe that after this incident, people were ASKED if they were willing to ship internationally. :shrug: to prevent problems. Not everyone has the funds during the holidays for extra expenditurest.

Sean's idea makes sense, although I'm not sure PL would fit here, maybe just not being allowed to join the raffle until he covers International shipping for one of the gifts.

Sorry Sky but you clearly haven't read the threads. After he said he didn't want to pay shipping I OFFERED to pay the shipping as did others but he just ignored it. I was out about 100 bucks. If he wants to make good then a charitable donation around that amount would be fine by me, as long as it's through someone else as at this point i don't trust him. But he refuses to even READ the PM's so i don't see any of that happening.

+!

Sorry Sky but you clearly haven't read the threads. After he said he didn't want to pay shipping I OFFERED to pay the shipping for him as did others but he just ignored it.

Well, I was actually reading them, but it was on my phone...and as my typing above shows, I should never phone type or phone read.

I saw that you offered, Matt, and I saw that someone else did as well. I was just saying perhaps the person was embarrassed. I don't remember who it was, but there was such an incident.

I guess I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt since it was 4 years ago....but I am sorry you didn't get your gift and I am glad that someone else stepped up.

I won't argue if he goes on the list, I was just offering another idea.

Actually I was the one who suggested that if Anfield wants to submit Supa for the PL he should do it here. And not for HOS. This is far from HOS.

But if you're going to do it, do it here. As the rules state:

c) The accuser should outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction in dispute. Where possible include hyperlinks to board transactions and contact attempts along with dates.

A couple of threads in Comics General started by me (CapFreak's birthday) and COI calling out Supapimp is not how this is done.

If you want to submit him to the PL, do what everyone else does. Take it from the beginning and detail it here in this forum. It also maintains all of the info where it should be.

And with Arch recently talking again about threads calling people out publicly, there is no guarantee that COI's thread will remain over time.

Edited by Povertyrow

The only time limit I am aware of was when we added off-board transactions between board members. That took effect after that rule was voted in...no grandfathering of old off-board transactions.

The only time limit I am aware of was when we added off-board transactions between board members. That took effect after that rule was voted in...no grandfathering of old off-board transactions.

Okay, so that 2003 eBay auction is exempt from me bringing up here. :sorry:

Regrettably so. :(

Oops - I meant to quote Sufunk's insightful query about time limits.

+!

Sorry Sky but you clearly haven't read the threads. After he said he didn't want to pay shipping I OFFERED to pay the shipping as did others but he just ignored it. I was out about 100 bucks. If he wants to make good then a charitable donation around that amount would be fine by me, as long as it's through someone else as at this point i don't trust him. But he refuses to even READ the PM's so i don't see any of that happening.

Here's the original thread where supapimp refuses to ship internationally.

+!

Here's the original thread where supapimp refuses to ship internationally.

Thanks, I remember the thread, I'm pretty sure I PMed Arex and offered to split the shipping with him, lol.

My post from the other thread:

Ok i just wanted to draw a line under all this as it's gotten silly now and gone on long enough now. People arguing with each other, etc. I didn't want that to happen.

Thanks COI for your involvement and good intentions, i really appreciate it and told you so already. Thanks to everyone who offered up help, advice, sent me PM's, etc, i really appreciate that too. And thanks to the person who wants to give me a free book, can't say how kind that was.

It's great to be back amongst all you guys again and to know i still have friends here.

Please just let this thread die now. I'll post the same thing in probation.

My first post on the subject...

If he goes on the PL it would be the most liberal interpretation of an offense to date by far.

1) 4-5 years ago.

2) A gift not a purchase.

3) He no longer has the item in question to "make it right" and since it was so long ago how could one expect him to.

If we are going to do this (and I would support it) we need to give supa an equally liberal interpretation of how to get off the list.

Maybe if he Paypaled the person who's sending Anfield Fox the box the $15 shipping he was reluctant to pony up the first time around...?

If you are taking a "stand on principle" supa I would ask you are your principles worth more or less than that $15?