• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am still relatively new to the forums and I sought out help and guidance with this situation. When I originally posted my complaint it seemed the consensus was Rawisokv should be nominated. So i went ahead with that, But I do feel that Anthony is ultimately responsible. Really just want the comic but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen so I asked Anthony for a refund, he told me he was going to give it to me today but nothing.

I am still relatively new to the forums and I sought out help and guidance with this situation. When I originally posted my complaint it seemed the consensus was Rawisokv should be nominated. So i went ahead with that, But I do feel that Anthony is ultimately responsible. Really just want the comic but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen so I asked Anthony for a refund, he told me he was going to give it to me today but nothing.

You should file a claim with paypal or your credit card company.

:popcorn:

So, Anthony Castrillo sent a refund to phantomewan? Phantomewan if you could confirm receipt and remove your PL posting of rawisokv asap.

Anthony, you were never placed on probation. Not to be a snidearse, but a legitimate question for thought - how will going private affect one's ability to manage logistics and communication?

Good question,i meant i would deal with concerns privately.

I understand why things are put out there publicly but for me i spend

a considerable amount of time at work and having to deflate certain situations

on the boards becomes even more time consuming and stressful.

Does that make sense?

The main reason i wont take anymore requests and why iF i do a sketch cover

it will be just that a "sketch" nothing fancy anymore.lol

I thought the point of the probation list was a warning to others? If that's the case the Rawisokv was the person the lost should be warning others about. Maybe Anthony and not Phantome should have made the nomination.

I'll send Rawiskov a message right now that he's nominated.

Despite numerous attempts he has not paid for 2 sketches from FanExpo 2011.

72 hours until I can add him?

I thought the point of the probation list was a warning to others? If that's the case the Rawisokv was the person the lost should be warning others about. Maybe Anthony and not Phantome should have made the nomination.

I'll send Rawiskov a message right now that he's nominated.

Despite numerous attempts he has not paid for 2 sketches from FanExpo 2011.

72 hours until I can add him?

I agree about the point of the PL, and it certainly appears as if Rawisokv has handled his affairs in less than exemplary fashion. As you suggest, I agree it was Anthony's place to make the nomination.

As it was yours at the time of nonpayment following the FanExpo in August, 2011. While the Probation Guidelines/Rules do not speak to a "statute of limitations" on the nominating procedure, the language implies a timely nomination, at least in my mind:

2) Notification on the Probation Discussion Thread

a) After the 30 Day Rule is fulfilled, the accuser will send a PM to the accused informing them the issue is being submitted to the Probation Discussion Thread for their inclusion in the PL. This should be a new PM and not part of an existing PM chain.

So one of the questions for me is why didn't you nominate him then, and why is that reason not sufficient now? Without some compelling argument, my personal opinion is that approx 1 1/2 years is too much time to pass to put up a nomination, especially an off boards transaction. I also think this is a good reason to add language to the guidelines, like

After the 30 Day Rule is fulfilled, and within 90 days of that fulfillment(or something to that effect), the accuser...

Wow. I'm starting to wonder the point of the list.

There was a personal issue with a partner of mine that left collecting on unpaid balance at the bottom of the list of priorities.

2 sketch covers were ordered and expenses were incurred. The fact that Rawiskov didn't attempt to pay during this challenging time makes his offence that much more severe as far as I'm concerned.

It was brought to his attention numerous times and I have finally lost patience. The rules state he is to be informed of the intention and he has been. It does not state any Statute of limitations and as you can see he has been allowed to continue to mess up transactions. My apology should be to other members of this board and not have the door shut because I was overly patient.

I will be adding him after 72 hours as the rules state.

Rawiskov was not part of the transaction,he was a third party and that being said had no involvement so other than he being called out because I made use of his name.I repeat he had no input in the transaction so his past actions should be counted as his own and this is not one of them.

When we started worrying about how ups could get off the list before they were even added i started wondering the same thing.

Reality is, the probation list is no longer the warning it once was. Its just a strongarm tactic to force someone into completing a transaction. It could serve both purposes, but i guess we as a community have groomed it to operate this way.

When we started worrying about how ups could get off the list before they were even added i started wondering the same thing.

Reality is, the probation list is no longer the warning it once was. Its just a strongarm tactic to force someone into completing a transaction. It could serve both purposes, but i guess we as a community have groomed it to operate this way.

Your description of the PL as "a strongarm tactic to force someone into completing a transaction" is a good one, and to me that's the virtue of the PL, its supposed to facilitate solutions to problems. Once a solution has been found there is no sense or purpose to it being a warning about anything. If the problems don't get solved a name or names remain on the PL and that stands as a warning to other members.

Indeed its a warning in two senses, as its also a deterrent.