• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Isn't there a way to look at web pages from the past? Seems to me comicwiz or shin had talked about it in the past. Wonder if that would allow someone to look up an expired ebay page.

We can try and find that site.

Of course, we would not need to if Soupy just substantiated his statements with some basic facts.

I think you're referring to the Wayback Machine -http://archive.org/web/web.php

The problem though is I don't believe it captures everything and you need to look at a specific date. I haven't used it often so there may be other sites or a more direct way to search it.

We won't need any more input from Soup, his eBay handle, or the WayBack Machine.

Some new information has come to light.

Follow with me to see if you agree with my conclusion.

1) Soup1998 AKA CampbellJH3 Transaction Timeline

PGM - Iron Man 55 & Hulk 181 8-16-12

8-21-12 Flaming_Telepath reveals in PGM thread that Soup had already agreed to sell it to another boardie

Anfield Fox starts probation discussion 8-23-12

2) Soup enters the IM55 9.4 into his registry on 10/15/2012 (New Information)

LINK

SoupIM55_zpsa19d5098.jpg

3) GPA data for Certification # 0200514001

Soup stated that he sold this book on eBay.

GPA tracks eBay sales, and GPA shows no record of the sale.

He either lied about the sales venue, or he still has the book. I think it's the latter.

In my opinion, he should either honor the sale for $700 or pay the >$400 difference in price. And if he still has the book, as I suspect, the delta should be at current market prices for a 9.4.

Isn't there a way to look at web pages from the past? Seems to me comicwiz or shin had talked about it in the past. Wonder if that would allow someone to look up an expired ebay page.

Oh, now you're interested? lol

So, you had a problem with tiger, but no problem with *spoon*?

doh!

I stood up for you, dickhole. It's not about me, it's about you. Unless you make it about me, in which case, FU.

lol

I may like this new SP in B "no female body part insults" rule...

Holy Carp Shellhead!! :o

Well maybe now we know why the cert number wasn't given to us.

If this is what it looks like, and if the "compromise" was based on a $730 ebay sale, then Soup's got some explaining to do and Anfield is due a hell of a lot more than the difference between the purported (and entirely unsubstantiated) ebay sale and the $675 offer from Soupy that Anfield accepted.

GPA since October 2012 for a IM 55 9.4 is.... $1332.50

Is it possible that Soupy still owns this book?

That would make the solution even easier, he can just honor the deal. (thumbs u

doh!

I stood up for you, dickhole. It's not about me, it's about you. Unless you make it about me, in which case, FU.

Relax, tiger.

doh!

Relax, tiger.

I think he was just trying to tell you that if you were a jungle cat it would be a Jag-u-ar.

Edited by comix4fun

I took it as a compliment, and I appreciate the kind words.

I have to agree. You are the Tinkerbell that spreads protection dust across us all. Thank you, Tink!

(worship)

Now that's just cruel, nasty kitten.

Nasty Kitten.

:luhv:

doh!

Relax, tiger.

I think he was just trying to tell you that if you were a jungle cat it would be a Jag-u-ar.

This really hasn't been my weekend :insane:

We won't need any more input from Soup, his eBay handle, or the WayBack Machine.

Some new information has come to light.

Follow with me to see if you agree with my conclusion.

1) Soup1998 AKA CampbellJH3 Transaction Timeline

PGM - Iron Man 55 & Hulk 181 8-16-12

8-21-12 Flaming_Telepath reveals in PGM thread that Soup had already agreed to sell it to another boardie

Anfield Fox starts probation discussion 8-23-12

2) Soup enters the IM55 9.4 into his registry on 10/15/2012 (New Information)

LINK

SoupIM55_zpsa19d5098.jpg

3) GPA data for Certification # 0200514001

Soup stated that he sold this book on eBay.

GPA tracks eBay sales, and GPA shows no record of the sale.

He either lied about the sales venue, or he still has the book. I think it's the latter.

In my opinion, he should either honor the sale for $700 or pay the >$400 difference in price. And if he still has the book, as I suspect, the delta should be at current market prices for a 9.4.

:mad:

Ok put him back on the list. That's the same book we made a deal on :screwy:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt without any proof because i just wanted a quick resolution.

He sent me this PM after we agreed a settlement and the timeline doesn't make sense but i didn't give it a second thought. At least not until this new info came to light because he's saying the book was pressed, graded and sold when it was raw in the PGM section 2 days before we agreed on a deal and he backed out of it.

Hey Matt,

I will have you compensated today. Basically I have to rob Peter to pay Paul. Just transfered money from wife's checking account. I am not counting pennies so I will pay what was discussed. The actual transaction was for 719.25 with free shipping. I also paid Joey to have it pressed so I probably lost money comparatively speaking to what you were willing to pay. Again I was just trying to get what I paid. Sorry again.

All the best,

John

Had i known i was being straight out lied to i wouldn't have agreed to this. What's the right etiquette here, do i refund his $55? PM him and tell him about his renomination??

Matt,

If he lied to you then his offer was made under false pretenses and you are not bound by it in the least.

Matt,

If he lied to you then his offer was made under false pretenses and you are not bound by it in the least.

Which means refund him the $55 and put him back on the list right?

Seems he's hoping for a HOS bid.