• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Utterly ludicrous!!

When someone has a choice between telling the truth or fleeing the scene I think some inferences can be made that would be difficult to disprove.

All he had to do was be honest. Is it that hard for some people?

Agreed. Come in here and fall on your sword and tell the truth. It takes a ton of courage to admit you are wrong and own up to it. It takes nothing to cut and run.

Anyway, Soup opted for the refund. I've just given it to him.

He denies he still has the book. Wouldn't answer questions which i put to him to try resolve this another way. Now he's changed his story yet again by saying

The sale price was $719.25 (free shipping) but it was a direct sale via paypal not done through feebay.

When a few days ago he said it was through eBay.

So i lost out on $55 but that's ok if it stops just one more person having to deal with him and being misled.

Please put him back on the list per his request. I'll let you guys decide which list.

Well, if it is going to be HOS, it is going to require a board vote. But is lying the grounds for HOS recommendation?

I do think it is wrong what the seller did (or failed to do). And it has become very clear there was misinformation involved. But is that a Probation List activity since it is a first event, or a HOS situation because any lying is not tolerated?

My concern is if lying is what leads to HOS recommendation, be ready for the onslaught of other cases that may occur. Especially if a seller offers a book at a certain price and they state the price is due to what they paid - it is discovered through some Ebay/Heritage/Comiclink research they lied and paid less - and now a buyer feels like they were not told the facts when making a buying decision.

If the book in his registry is indeed the book in question I'm all for HOS.

He failed to sell a book he agreed to sell which had significant value.

He lied about selling the book on ebay repeatedly.

Once it was shown that GPA info did not exist he changed his story about the sale.

He's claimed that there was never a sale and that he never read the final PM from Anfield - based on his track record I must classify this as either a lie or that he deleted the PM before reading to avoid selling the book.

He's came onto this thread guns blazing when he thought he had the advantage and now he's nowhere to be seen.

Ultimately, this is someone who can't be trusted, can't spell ethics, and hides to avoid his responsibilities.

I agree. The situation stinks more and more the deeper you look into it.

One thing I haven't been able to confirm - do both the PL and HOS revoke privileges to sell in the marketplace and post WTB's?

And did I read right - did he say he's waiting to close out on some deals before leaving?

He denies he still has the book. Wouldn't answer questions which i put to him to try resolve this another way. Now he's changed his story yet again by saying

The sale price was $719.25 (free shipping) but it was a direct sale via paypal not done through feebay.

So i lost out on $55 but that's ok if it stops just one more person having to deal with him and being misled.

Please put him back on the list per his request. I'll let you guys decide which list.

Well, if it is going to be HOS, it is going to require a board vote. But is lying the grounds for HOS recommendation?

I do think it is wrong what the seller did (or failed to do). And it has become very clear there was misinformation involved. But is that a Probation List activity since it is a first event, or a HOS situation because any lying is not tolerated?

My concern is if lying is what leads to HOS recommendation, be ready for the onslaught of other cases that may occur. Especially if a seller offers a book at a certain price and they state the price is due to what they paid - it is discovered through some Ebay/Heritage/Comiclink research they lied and paid less - and now a buyer feels like they were not told the facts when making a buying decision.

Once it was shown that GPA info did not exist he changed his story about the sale.

He's claimed that there was never a sale and that he never read the final PM from Anfield - based on his track record I must classify this as either a lie or that he deleted the PM before reading to avoid selling the book.

He's came onto this thread guns blazing when he thought he had the advantage and now he's nowhere to be seen.

Ultimately, this is someone who can't be trusted, can't spell ethics, and hides to avoid his responsibilities.

One thing I haven't been able to confirm - do both the PL and HOS revoke privileges sell in the marketplace and post WTB's?

Both lists are just an FYI for the members of the Board. Specifically, the ones that actually check and respect the lists.

The hosts of these boards have made it clear they will not insert themselves in any way shape or form as it pertains to board transactions.

One thing I haven't been able to confirm - do both the PL and HOS revoke privileges sell in the marketplace and post WTB's?

Both lists are just an FYI for the members of the Board. Specifically, the ones that actually check and respect the lists.

The hosts of these boards have made it clear they will not insert themselves in any way shape or form as it pertains to board transactions.

Gotcha. So is the community allowed to self-moderate a WTB post though if he ends up on either the PL or HOS?

I saw POV's post in '11 saying WTB are also revoked for HOS, but didn't see anything about the PL.

Utterly ludicrous!!

When someone has a choice between telling the truth or fleeing the scene I think some inferences can be made that would be difficult to disprove.

Agreed. Come in here and fall on your sword and tell the truth. It takes a ton of courage to admit you are wrong and own up to it. It takes nothing to cut and run.

What if you're never wrong and don't lie?

Gotcha. So is the community allowed to self-moderate a WTB post though if he ends up on either the PL or HOS?

I saw POV's post in '11 saying WTB are also revoked for HOS, but didn't see anything about the PL.

There have been folks that have ignored the Probation List/HOS for the sake of money. One in particular that dealt with BuckOne learned a hard lesson when BO either backed out of a deal with him, or attempted to implement a chargeback. The best is when the seller stated they were never aware there was a probation list, even after being on the boards for years.

So the teeth of the Probation List and HOS are sellers and buyers taking note of who is listed, and avoiding transactions with them.

Yeah to me the Probation List and the HOS are no different (as far as how I use them). I avoid both lists when considering dealings.

The other benefit is that it gives a seller an easy out if a PL/HOSer posts a "take it" then they have the complete freedom to say NO and keep the book available immediately.

I am on the fence about HoS, but IMO lying in this context is not a general measure of how candid a person is about all levels of their business. Lying in this case is relevant with specific reference to a specific transaction. The more lies embedded in that bad transaction, the more likely that a single bad transaction is in fact a pattern of deceptions. 2c

This is for me at least how I understand the argument for HoS in this case. I will admit that I am myself unsure.

Utterly ludicrous!!

Then it's treefiddy.

Utterly ludicrous!!

Then it's treefiddy.

I already paid my dues for the year ( $0 ) :banana:

You know, everything could be going well for year and then a person could decide to have a large sale, take all the money, and run. PL and HOS is not a deterrent if you don't care about having a rep and future sales. But, it does become a legal matter... hm

You know, everything could be going well for year and then a person could decide to have a large sale, take all the money, and run. PL and HOS is not a deterrent if you don't care about having a rep and future sales. But, it does become a legal matter... hm

We had a $25K transaction that didn't go that well. So it isn't even about a surprise multi-transaction. In certain situations, it can take only one to make things ugly.

You know that someone in the CGC Mod Batcave is watching the "Updated Probation List" and wondering "what in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a goin' on over thar " !

:grin:

Don't you have something to get ready?

clooney15_29_zps9454cd06.jpg

This discourse has been exhausted, no reliable outcome is expected, the solution is unavoidable, nerd lust must be satiated, burn the neophyte.

Sorry that you came back after having a sale situation and now find yourself embroiled in yet another. :(

This discourse has been exhausted, no reliable outcome is expected, the solution is unavoidable, nerd lust must be satiated, burn the neophyte.

Sorry that you came back after having a sale situation and now find yourself embroiled in yet another. :(

Who's a "neophyte"?