• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I put him back on the PL list, if there's a HOS vote it can be changed.

So this is his second bad transaction? I see two dates posted. What was the other situation?

Those are both "add" dates so interested parties can look in this thread to check out the hubbub, bub.

So this is his second bad transaction? I see two dates posted. What was the other situation?

Those are both "add" dates so interested parties can look in this thread to check out the hubbub, bub.

lol

I'll search on both usernames and figure it out. Thanks, Paco.

If we did it by questionable statements, changed stories, and dubious distinctions there'd be a ticker-tape of dates attached to his name. lol

Here are the express terms of HOS from the stickied thread. I am ambivalent as to Soup1998's qualifications therefor.

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

c) The Hall Of Shame candidate is subject to all of the above rules.

d) Inclusion in the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

e) Removal from the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

If we did it by questionable statements, changed stories, and dubious distinctions there'd be a ticker-tape of dates attached to his name. lol

:roflmao:

"I would like to ask you about your lie parade recent statements."

Lie-detector-mcc-match-fi-007.jpg

Huh!

You learn something new with each post. I had no idea someone in the HOS could be removed. That kind of makes it an odd category as then HOS is just Probation List with a more "Scarlet Letter" name.

HOS seems like it should be forever and ever. Or at least until the next username is created.

Here are the express terms of HOS from the stickied thread. I am ambivalent as to Soup1998's qualifications therefor.

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

The section in Bold is where it would fit.

If this were a transaction gone wrong and he didn't want to make right, it's PL.

If it turns out that he made affirmative statements regarding the transaction in an attempt to induce Anfield to settle the matter with him at a figure that is inaccurate, and if the statements made to this board in an attempt to remove himself from the PL are found to be knowingly false, I believe that he's done something far worse than simply having a difference of opinion or having a transaction go bad.

People get cold feet all the time on deals. How they deal with it tells me if they are people of integrity or if they lack it. Some people lack it to an extreme degree. If someone is found to have resorted to false statements to induce removal from the probation list I can't think of word that describes it better than fraud.

If this were a transaction gone wrong and he didn't want to make right, it's PL.

If it turns out that he made affirmative statements regarding the transaction in an attempt to induce Anfield to settle the matter with him at a figure that is inaccurate, and if the statements made to this board in an attempt to remove himself from the PL are found to be knowingly false, I believe that he's done something far worse than simply having a difference of opinion or having a transaction go bad.

People get cold feet all the time on deals. How they deal with it tells me if they are people of integrity or if they lack it. Some people lack it to an extreme degree. If someone is found to have resorted to false statements to induce removal from the probation list I can't think of word that describes it better than fraud.

Now I have to agree if everything that has been posted is true. And without the seller taking any time to explain further, we have to assume it is all accurate.

Anyway, Soup opted for the refund. I've just given it to him.

He denies he still has the book. Wouldn't answer questions which i put to him to try resolve this another way. Now he's changed his story yet again by saying

The sale price was $719.25 (free shipping) but it was a direct sale via paypal not done through feebay.

When a few days ago he said it was through eBay.

So i lost out on $55 but that's ok if it stops just one more person having to deal with him and being misled.

Please put him back on the list per his request. I'll let you guys decide which list.

At this point, I am inclined to believe that the only parts of the following that are true are the "pressed" and "graded" parts.

Again, the book was pressed, graded and sold for around $730ish. It has been past the 90 day mark so I don't have anymore history in feebay.

Reading what he just told Matt above and what he posted just before does anyone have any doubt as to what we are dealing with here?

Ummmmmm :hi: We are dealing with someone I'd want to avoid? Did I get the question right? ;)

However, Hall of Shame or PL it's moot, because at this point, he's going to be on the PL list FOREVER....

BTW, I withdraw my suggestion for a 1 year sentence, leave him on the PL list and move on to happier moments...

P.S.., I am very sorry that you were treated in this way, Matt. :foryou:

Now I have to agree if everything that has been posted is true. And without the seller taking any time to explain further, we have to assume it is all accurate.

That's the thing. I am willing to believe claims that are substantiated and backed up by proof. At this point there's no benefit of the doubt it facts and facts only. Given the changes to the story and the unwillingness to explain or substantiate there's no way to assume anything else.

He's still welcome to come here and state his case with proof and avoid the coming unpleasantness.

Leave the guy alone.

If he doesn't respond everyone will leave him alone. (thumbs u

Well i don't think he'll be back unless it's under a new shill.

Matt,

I am the one that is sorry, hopefully you don't have to deal with anyone like me in the future.

Respectfully,

John

and

Matt,

Again I am removing myself from this topic. I received refund and will nominate myself. I will be closing my CGC account once I have all my sales transaction completed so after that point you won't be able to get a hold of me.

From my heart of hearts I am sorry and wish I could have made it up to you within reason.

John

PL or HOS is a moot point now anyway. He's chosen to leave rather than engage with me and be honest. I was even willing to pay more, closer to current prices but i can't force him if he keeps up the lies.

Utterly ludicrous!!

When someone has a choice between telling the truth or fleeing the scene I think some inferences can be made that would be difficult to disprove.

All he had to do was be honest. Is it that hard for some people?

Anyway, Soup opted for the refund. I've just given it to him.

He denies he still has the book. Wouldn't answer questions which i put to him to try resolve this another way. Now he's changed his story yet again by saying

The sale price was $719.25 (free shipping) but it was a direct sale via paypal not done through feebay.

When a few days ago he said it was through eBay.

So i lost out on $55 but that's ok if it stops just one more person having to deal with him and being misled.

Please put him back on the list per his request. I'll let you guys decide which list.

Well, if it is going to be HOS, it is going to require a board vote. But is lying the grounds for HOS recommendation?

I do think it is wrong what the seller did (or failed to do). And it has become very clear there was misinformation involved. But is that a Probation List activity since it is a first event, or a HOS situation because any lying is not tolerated?

My concern is if lying is what leads to HOS recommendation, be ready for the onslaught of other cases that may occur. Especially if a seller offers a book at a certain price and they state the price is due to what they paid - it is discovered through some Ebay/Heritage/Comiclink research they lied and paid less - and now a buyer feels like they were not told the facts when making a buying decision.

If the book in his registry is indeed the book in question I'm all for HOS.

He failed to sell a book he agreed to sell which had significant value.

He lied about selling the book on ebay repeatedly.

Once it was shown that GPA info did not exist he changed his story about the sale.

He's claimed that there was never a sale and that he never read the final PM from Anfield - based on his track record I must classify this as either a lie or that he deleted the PM before reading to avoid selling the book.

He's came onto this thread guns blazing when he thought he had the advantage and now he's nowhere to be seen.

Ultimately, this is someone who can't be trusted, can't spell ethics, and hides to avoid his responsibilities.