• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes it was..

Then there was no renegotiation mentioned earlier. The lawyers can chime in but I have to think if the deal did not include a payment date then introducing one does not constitute renegotiation. There may be an expectation of a reasonable payment date and I believe a month fits the bill.

Probation worthy or not

Says this

I love the book looks a little nicer than a 4.0 from the pic. 340........ let me get back to ya later this week and see what I can swing, can you do payments????

than says this

I can do 340 if you can do payments. No issues with the case?

I say ok. He than talks about a trade, I tell him the time line I would like to get the payments within - crickets.

Did this person confirm to a sale or not?

It's a price agreement but I'm not sure if it's a binding contract or "deal" - it would be a deal if he'd proposed the payment timeline and you accepted but since you are defining the timeline he should either accept or counter with an acceptable timeline to complete the deal.

If it's 30 days of crickets I'd say PL but I'd defer to comix4fun...he loves contract talk. :cloud9:

The seller wanted to revised the shipping terms of our deal( he wanted me to pay the shipping) after we agreed that he would cover the shipping for his item. In a effort to keep the seller to our original shipping terms I offered a extra book ( he says no he wants me to pay for shipping ) so I tell him I would pay on the 15th of April ( he still saids no) so I agreed to pay shipping and the payment date was switch back to the 25th. Seller agrees to our new deal

Probation worthy or not

Says this

I love the book looks a little nicer than a 4.0 from the pic. 340........ let me get back to ya later this week and see what I can swing, can you do payments????

than says this

I say ok. He than talks about a trade, I tell him the time line I would like to get the payments within - crickets.

It's a price agreement but I'm not sure if it's a binding contract or "deal" - it would be a deal if he'd proposed the payment timeline and you accepted but since you are defining the timeline he should either accept or counter with an acceptable timeline to complete the deal.

If it's 30 days of crickets I'd say PL but I'd defer to comix4fun...he loves contract talk. :cloud9:

His response to my "yes I do time payment" was

"This is what im thinking I can make the first payment friday, im thinking 85 bucks a payment. I get paid every two weeks. like I will pay more as I sale books. Unless your interested in ToT #1 cgc 9.8. Let me know what you think. "

Well I don't know how much trade value the tot 1 cgc would be.

How much are you looking for?

JL

He says:

ive seen em go for 200-300 not for sure if I want to get rid of it quite yet though. Still debating lol.

I say

While, I am fine with you making the first payment (also the non-refundable down payment) of $85 on Friday (March 29).

And than two weeks after that (April 12) paying at least $100 towards the book and than two weeks after that (April 26) paying the remainder owed.

Does that sounds like a workable payment plan?

Than I get crickets.

If I was him I would have paid for the item. But I am confused as now I have just heard nothing.

The seller wanted to revised the shipping terms of our deal( he wanted me to pay the shipping) after we agreed that he would cover the shipping for his item. In a effort to keep the seller to our original shipping terms I offered a extra book ( he says no he wants me to pay for shipping ) so I tell him I would pay on the 15th of April ( he still saids no) so I agreed to pay shipping and the payment date was switch back to the 25th. Seller agrees to our new deal

Sounds like he should be added. :(

Probation worthy or not

Says this

than says this

His response to my "yes I do time payment" was

"This is what im thinking I can make the first payment friday, im thinking 85 bucks a payment. I get paid every two weeks. like I will pay more as I sale books. Unless your interested in ToT #1 cgc 9.8. Let me know what you think. "

Well I don't know how much trade value the tot 1 cgc would be.

How much are you looking for?

JL

He says:

ive seen em go for 200-300 not for sure if I want to get rid of it quite yet though. Still debating lol.

I say

While, I am fine with you making the first payment (also the non-refundable down payment) of $85 on Friday (March 29).

And than two weeks after that (April 12) paying at least $100 towards the book and than two weeks after that (April 26) paying the remainder owed.

Does that sounds like a workable payment plan?

Than I get crickets.

If I was him I would have paid for the item. But I am confused as now I have just heard nothing.

Well if he defaults on the first payment date that he suggested then it's likely PL - but you're supposed to wait 30 days (March 29th) so you've got time to work on that speech. :D

Great, so do I just add him or is there someone in charge of adding the names to the list

I don't understand what the rush is? The deal just went sour within the past week and though I think you're right some people may not see it as a slam dunk, waive 30 days, burn the witch situation (if they read it)

I suppose there's a reasoning to waive the 30 days based on what he posted earlier in this thread already. but he also did the prohibiation :facepalm:thread over in CG which was a disaster.

Again I suggest a readable version of the PM's be created so people can easily read who said what and when - Branget & I both confessed to skimming that mess...and we seem to agree that it's PL worthy.

There is no rush on my end to add him. I just though I didn't have to wait the 30 days

Do to the transaction being canceled. I'll take your advise and provide a cleaner PM conversation

Thank you

Edited by Miamiknight3434

There is no rush on my end to add him. I just though I didn't have to wait the 30 days

Do to the transaction being canceled. I'll take your advise and provide a cleaner PM conversation

Thank you

Thanks, that's why I shared the link where he stated he was cancelling the deal. I just want to give others a chance to chime in on it since there was a lot of posting here recently.

I think there's also pwog's nomination of JASPERSK to add to the list, I missed that one when re-adding the Soup to the list. :facepalm:

Anyone see any others?

Thank you

Definitely provide a cleaner PM conversation. Trying to read the original PM conversation was - well - kind of a lesson in madness.

Thank you

Definitely provide a cleaner PM conversation. Trying to read the original PM conversation was - well - kind of a lesson in madness.

This is becoming the norm nowadays with PM conversations. :(

Thank you

I read that whole PM exchange top to bottom. My takeaway was this:

--Miamiknight and Action page seller negotiate a payment date, what books MK would send as trade, and who would cover what shipping

--Seller says something to the effect of, "People told me you are getting a a great deal so you should cover shipping"

--MK says, alrighty, then I will sweeten the deal on my end to make it more equitable

--Seller replies, "Nonsense, nonsense, more nonsense about not being allowed to trade books, you're getting too good of a deal, I'm calling off the sale."

There's the possibility that someone PMed the seller with a better offer. The seller did state he was getting a bunch of PMs telling him he was selling low on the page.

This is unequivocally a probation worthy act of douchebaggery by a regretful seller, period.

The terms were hammered out through a volley of PM's. Another clown shoes member, either a typical washer woman gossip or a spiteful buyer who thought he deserved the book, sticks their wet nose in the anus of this transaction.

Buyer graciously, yet unwisely, agrees to compensate for a portion of shipping costs. Seller continues raising his handjob status until reaching his climax and canceling transaction.

Done deal, and the 30 days should be waived in the event either party clearly states they have no intention of completing a mutually agreed upon sale. Stop being such bleeding hearts, not everything requires extensive debate, some facts are clear and actions should be swift.

In my CALtopia my will is severe and punishment just.