• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOOKS amatuer home pressing thread !

195 posts in this topic

Where's the moral outrage!? No sturm? No drang?

Reasonable discourse, you suck!

:slapfight:

Allowances are made for him. I mean, come on. We're talking about hooks here.

Yes, I suggest you immediately go to the comicseeker thread for all the moral outrage you can handle.

It is interesting to compare hooks method of handling sales thread problems with comicseekers method. Light years apart.

I'll take extra sturm, hold the drang, please.

I'll be honest and admit I've never met those twins. I was busy lusting after Jetsam and her fat sister Flotsam. Got a hand job once!

:tonofbricks:

I wonder if that waffle pattern on the back cover could be pressed out if done "right" hm

After reading these threads tonight, I fired up my press and purposely waffled the hell out of a book, to see how easily it could be removed.

It isn't easily removed.

I think it could be that the rubber platen leaches something into the paper. There was a weird residue on the platen after I pressed my 'Justice League: Antarctica' (JLA annual #4, .50 book) naked, that I don't see when I use release paper. It's not ink, it wiped away with a damp cloth.

I know I could get rid of the waffling by increasing the heat, pressure, and duration of the pressing, but that's entering the territory of damaging the paper's integrity. All I know is, a bad pressing is harder to fix than say, humidity damage/waviness.

If Ze-Man or Joeypost would like to give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it. I don't know how to press this out without wrecking the comic. Returner, definitely take Joeypost up on his offer instead of me, I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to fixing bad pressing apparently.

There was a weird residue on the platen after I pressed my 'Justice League: Antarctica' naked,

Other than feeling good, what did your nudity have to do with pressing the book...?

hm

DUDE! What happens at my house, STAYS at my house. That's the #1 rule.

Just because no one wanted to interact with you at that week's orgy, doesn't mean you have the right to explain away the reason why your DNA is on my JLA #4.

Apparently I need to move the Realdoll further away from the press.

;)

There was a weird residue on the platen after I pressed my 'Justice League: Antarctica' naked,

Other than feeling good, what did your nudity have to do with pressing the book...?

hm

DUDE! What happens at my house, STAYS at my house. That's the #1 rule.

Just because no one wanted to interact with you at that week's orgy, doesn't mean you have the right to explain away the reason why your DNA is on my JLA #4.

Apparently I need to move the Realdoll further away from the press.

;)

God, I wish I had Photoshop....

I felt like my response in the grading,resto thread might get buried so I wanted to put a new one here so that any and all can evaluate or discuss situation.

B~

:hi:

I knew a little home cooking pressing wouldn't keep you away.

Hey, they were your books.

You could press them or pizz on them.

Just tell everyone once you try to sell them.

(thumbs u

Mrs. Butterworth........... :cloud9:

Hey! You and me registered here on the same day!

What a trip.

Almost like Hobo and Depluto. ;)

So gay. Perfect for a Hooks thread.

:roflmao:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.......

Mrs. Butterworth........... :cloud9:

Hey! You and me registered here on the same day!

What a trip.

Almost like Hobo and Depluto. ;)

Quite the coinkidink. Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

I actually lurked around here for about a year and a half before my registration and first post.......probably some post by Deathlok made me mad enough to join. lol

I wonder if that waffle pattern on the back cover could be pressed out if done "right" hm

After reading these threads tonight, I fired up my press and purposely waffled the hell out of a book, to see how easily it could be removed.

It isn't easily removed.

I think it could be that the rubber platen leaches something into the paper. There was a weird residue on the platen after I pressed my 'Justice League: Antarctica' (JLA annual #4, .50 book) naked, that I don't see when I use release paper. It's not ink, it wiped away with a damp cloth.

I know I could get rid of the waffling by increasing the heat, pressure, and duration of the pressing, but that's entering the territory of damaging the paper's integrity. All I know is, a bad pressing is harder to fix than say, humidity damage/waviness.

If Ze-Man or Joeypost would like to give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it. I don't know how to press this out without wrecking the comic. Returner, definitely take Joeypost up on his offer instead of me, I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to fixing bad pressing apparently.

Presser !

:baiting:

Allowances are made for him. I mean, come on. We're talking about hooks here.

Thanks for your,er,..compliment too Bill. (thumbs u