• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOOKS amatuer home pressing thread !

195 posts in this topic

lol

I'm just razzing Hooks. From pics he's shown me he was quite the playa' back when he wasn't so tanned and bleached.

lol

[He's a bonehead, not a crook.

+1

+2 :sorry:

No offense taken Dirk . It wasn't surprising to see one or two of those *spoon*'s since I wasn't here for several days to respond and I appreciate your 2nd response. Also , :censored: u is all Greggy ever says to me anyway.

BTW , it looks like our daughter's plans changed a bit so I'm back for an hour or so.

Where's the moral outrage!? No sturm? No drang?

Reasonable discourse, you suck!

:slapfight:

Allowances are made for him. I mean, come on. We're talking about hooks here.

Thanks for the um,.....compliment Bill . I think. ;)

doh! ....I already said that previously . I must really be a bone-head. :sorry:

+1

No offense taken Dirk . It wasn't surprising to see one or two of those *spoon*'s since I wasn't here for several days to respond and I appreciate your 2nd response. Also , :censored: u is all Greggy ever says to me anyway.

BTW , it looks like our daughter's plans changed a bit so I'm back for an hour or so.

Could always change the avatar.

:baiting:

bone_head.gif

Done. (thumbs u

You know, that legendary villain Mindworm kinda had that broad forehead, maybe a bonehead prototype.

:makepoint:

+1

Could always change the avatar.

:baiting:

bone_head.gif

Done. (thumbs u

You know, that legendary villain Mindworm kinda had that broad forehead, maybe a bonehead prototype.

:makepoint:

Methinks you are the prototype.

A missing link , if you will. :/

Mrs. Butterworth........... :cloud9:

Hey! You and me registered here on the same day!

What a trip.

Almost like Hobo and Depluto. ;)

Quite the coinkidink. Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

I actually lurked around here for about a year and a half before my registration and first post.......probably some post by Deathlok made me mad enough to join. lol

I would have posted more, but I had another home at the time.....now...you all are stuck with me. (thumbs u

:censored: you, hooks.

As I told Divad in a PM , I did get a machine last year at one of our sales after coming here and reading pressing debates all the time. I tried it on a couple dozen books and I thought it helped some but had a tend. to screw up the backs? So , I figured I would leave them alone. I actually just thought he was curious and kinda ribbing me b/c we rib one another and I assumed he was Ok w/ it b/c I had bought the book from him for approx. $90 and sold it back to him at approx. $30. I did offer him a refund when I felt like he didn't see much humor in the situation. He said he would take it and I auto. sent it to him prior to receiving the book back .

I guess what I am not understanding is this:

- You bought the book from David for $90.

- You sold the book back to him for $30.

Since you claim you did not know about the BC damage, why didn't you ask for $90?

As I told Divad in a PM , I did get a machine last year at one of our sales after coming here and reading pressing debates all the time. I tried it on a couple dozen books and I thought it helped some but had a tend. to screw up the backs? So , I figured I would leave them alone. I actually just thought he was curious and kinda ribbing me b/c we rib one another and I assumed he was Ok w/ it b/c I had bought the book from him for approx. $90 and sold it back to him at approx. $30. I did offer him a refund when I felt like he didn't see much humor in the situation. He said he would take it and I auto. sent it to him prior to receiving the book back .

I guess what I am not understanding is this:

- You bought the book from David for $90.

- You sold the book back to him for $30.

Since you claim you did not know about the BC damage, why didn't you ask for $90?

Hey man, it's Hooksie. :makepoint: