• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOOKS amatuer home pressing thread !

195 posts in this topic

Okay, I didn't read the middle part of this thread... but the bit about not caring about the back cover.

Wouldn't CGC would consider this a bad pressing job and give the comic a purple label?

I can certainly see people having a problem with that...

I think Hooks was very good come answer our questions, when for him it must have been fairly to do so for a crowd like this. Hooks is a good guy.

I don't think poorly pressed books should get a purple label. I think it should just be factored into the grade. However, I would understand the arguement if CGC did give it a purple label. Someone submit their book and see what happens.

I'm all ears!

ears.jpg

This pic for real?? :o

to be honest I thought that it made the cover look better and I for one am not really concerned about the BC. And , yes , I noticed that waffle look on some and I assume at the time I judged that it was offset by a better cover so the grade didn't really change. I figured any book that had been pressed probably looked much better than the grade I gave it , not to mention I sell everything close to 1/2 off. So , with mid-grade collectors which would have been the buyers in this thread for the most part (other than Divad) they got better than they anticipated had it been one that I had practiced one.I received one Pm from a buyer who said "Thank you"! "That is the most gorgeous SA book I have ever seen ! I don't care but has it been pressed ? I said yes (assuming it must have been one that I pressed).

Serious questions I'll be glad to answer..

No need for those that just like to stir up sh%$#t and conspiracy cr%^$#p.

B~

Did you really type this hooks? Worse yet, did you mean it?

You are not really concerned about the BC?

Seriously :(

Yeah, bro'...that comment borders on insanity in this hobby :screwy:

That's like saying you love the paint job on a car, but don't care much about the motor (shrug)

odd, at least!

[He's a bonehead, not a crook.

+1

+2 :sorry:

It's OK, Dirk. You had a craappy week and you've already apologized once. :foryou:

Yeah, but I shouldn't have blasted the guy for his mistake. Hopefully no hard feelings.

Hooks doesn't have a hard bone in his body.

hm

Wait, that came out wrong.

+1

It's OK, Dirk. You had a craappy week and you've already apologized once. :foryou:

Yeah, but I shouldn't have blasted the guy for his mistake. Hopefully no hard feelings.

hm

:eek: How do you know this Roy? :sick:

+1

hm

:eek: How do you know this Roy? :sick:

:fear: