• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,797 posts in this topic

Yeah -- it was a great show.

It took me 20 years to make it to the Comic-Con.

For years I talked about going, but never did.

Work... no money... no time. Excuse after excuse.

When it finally happened I truly wished I hadn't waited so long.

Here are a few more odds and ends from the show of '06...

H-152.jpg

JIM-2.jpg

MT-36.jpg

MTU-5.jpg

T-203.jpg

XM-78.jpg

That's a sharp looking book. It's always nice to see those re-imagined Spidey covers. Although I don't know if this Romita cover packs the same wallop as his original cover for Spidey #51.

Interesting perspective.

And I agree. The power and dominating demeanor of

the Kingpin and his goons weighed heavy upon 'ol Parker and

the cover of ASM#51. It captured many a reader's attention back in the day.

I dig 'em both... :)

ASM-51_MT-36.jpg

I wasn't into Sal Buscema's work when I was younger.

Perhaps because I was a huge John Buscema fan who felt Big John really knew how to draw comics the Marvel way.

That being said, I have grown to admire Our Pal Sal's work -- especially his picture-frame covers.

Sal's interpretation of the classic Kirby cover rendering to FF#49 for the cover MGC#36 is one that instantly comes to mind.

FF-49_MGC-36.jpg

MGC-36.jpg

Some more surprises I've found while separating the collection....

motp20pf.jpg

Jim

I remember buying a copy of this as a kid at a market, while holidaying in Blackpool, been after a HG copy for years, they just don't show up.

Those are beautiful books man.

Being a "noob" on this site, and, in an attempt to "keep up with the Joneses", I've decided to throw this one out there to contribute to this interesting thread:

aa12bag.jpg

Awesome looking books, interesting thread concept! I salute you, guys & gals! :golfclap:

I tend to believe Two-Gun Kid #101 is the toughest Marvel picture frame book to try to find in high grade with amazingly ONLY one CGC 9.0 copy! on the census presently and many out there may agree? The 11/71 cover month date on it should have had this book being a 52 page square bound format one like 98% of all the 11/71 cover month date Marvels are. Amazing Adventures #9 and SGT Fury #93 are also non 52 page format picture frame books that should have been 52 pagers but for some unknown reason were not published in that page format?

106339.jpg.cb9ca92b8a08d8ccc4df9fc6d9294ec8.jpg

I tend to believe Two-Gun Kid #101 is the toughest Marvel picture frame book to try to find in high grade with amazingly ONLY one CGC 9.0 copy!

For whatever reason, it looks like most of the PF Two-Gun Kids are hard to find. 102, 103, 105, 106 all don't have any 9.0+ copies listed in the census. For all 7 books combined, there's one 9.0, one 9.8, one 9.6, and one 9.0.

Being a "noob" on this site, and, in an attempt to "keep up with the Joneses", I've decided to throw this one out there to contribute to this interesting thread:

Awesome looking books, interesting thread concept! I salute you, guys & gals! :golfclap:

Thanks for posting!

Amazing Adventures #12 is a fantastic book.

And it's another magnum opus done by Gil "The Picture-Frame" Kane.

Ya know, those yellow PFs are a sight to behold.

Much like the black ones, the yellows are in a class by themselves.

The Bullpen nailed the marketing concept with that four-color approach.

Contrasting colors on a yellow background snap the action to attention when deployed in a PF layout.

KCO-157a.jpg

MF-2.jpg

DD-83.jpg