• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,799 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, Ghost Town said:

I'd guess it's the census numbers. They're really low in 9.4+. Especially the #82, #86, and #93. 

image.png.82d9ae840a87cae234c20d78d4ae9c2c.png

I feel truly vindicated that I mentioned 81 and 85 off the top of my head and those are two of the top four census counts in 9.6.

DD Annual #3 has an absurdly low census count.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:21 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

That Cap Annual #2 is one of three "round bound" issues, including My Love #14 and Mighty Marvel Western #15.  A 9.8 beauty by the way.

Can you explain some more?  At first I thought you were saying that unlike the square-bound annuals and giant-size books of the era, it has staples aligned to the spine like a regular comic.  (Which it does.)  But the other two examples you name are not annuals or giant-size.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Can you explain some more?  At first I thought you were saying that unlike the square-bound annuals and giant-size books of the era, it has staples aligned to the spine like a regular comic.  (Which it does.)  But the other two examples you name are not annuals or giant-size.

Yeah, you are right, they are stapled like a regular comic, but all three are larger size books.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:22 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Yeah, you are right, they are stapled like a regular comic, but all three are larger size books.

I didn't quite understand that myself until I tracked down a copy of My Love #14. I had a Cap Annual #2 but didn't notice it wasn't square-bound.