• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

Creatures On The Loose #20

Yup.

quiz22a.jpgquiz22c.jpg

COTL20.jpg

I've been staying out of the thread because I can't hold a candle to you puzzle-solvers, but I just have to comment: that is one smokin' copy of a tough picture frame book!

I've been staying out of the thread because I can't hold a candle to you puzzle-solvers, but I just have to comment: that is one smokin' copy of a tough picture frame book!

No kidding. That book is super sweet!

And that Kane Frame is freakin' cool too!

This book has been a white whale for me. Finally snagged a 9.6 copy.

IronMan44-96.jpg

Very few high grade copies; I'm guessing a lower print run because it was sold every other month and crappy stories led to few survivors.

This book has been a white whale for me. Finally snagged a 9.6 copy.

IronMan44-96.jpg

Very few high grade copies; I'm guessing a lower print run because it was sold every other month and crappy stories led to few survivors.

Avengers #103 is notoriously hard to find in 9.4 or better. And that book has 19 copies in 9.4 or better in the census. Iron Man #44 only has 9 copies in 9.4 or better. Your theory sounds pretty plausible.

Okay... the Holiday is over. Time that I return to Picture Frame business.

Your Iron Man #44 is a sharp book, GT... and it's a great find!

To underscore how tuff a find it really is, you can cross off

the Rosa Copy as providing any competition to it.

Unless, of course, I have it manipulated into a higher state of being. :baiting:lol

IM-44_rosa.jpg

Is this from Top Notch on EBay? I hesitated then came back the next day and was going to BIN it but it was gone. :cry: IM has some great covers in and around that period.

Yes, it was. I couldn't click in the BIN fast enough. Well, I guess I did click fast enough. Either way, I was very happy to snag it.

Iron Man #46 and 47 are also great covers in my opinion. Same with #54 which is the first IM after the Picture Frames ended. I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed as a PF and changed after the fact.

IronMan54.jpg

Iron Man #46 and 47 are also great covers in my opinion. Same with #54...

C'mon, GT -- where's the love for IM#45?

That's an awesome Kane Frame too, ya know! IMHO of course. :cool:

That's said, and if ya don't mind, My Friend, let's take a gander at the Rosa Copies of IM#45,

46, & 52.

(Here's to you, Gil Kane. Your work is, and always will always be, Picture Perfect!)

IM-45_rosa.jpg

IM-46_9-6_rosa.jpg

IM-52_9-4_rosa.jpg

C'mon, GT -- where's the love for IM#45?

That's an awesome Kane Frame too, ya know! IMHO of course. :cool:

I think Kane did a great layout, but Giacoia didn't do him any favors with the inks. I wish Klaus Janson or Tom Palmer would have done the finishes.

Man-o-man, you have an endless trove of Don Rosa Picture Frames. When are you going to finish putting your books in the registry? You're holding out on us!

Is this from Top Notch on EBay? I hesitated then came back the next day and was going to BIN it but it was gone. :cry: IM has some great covers in and around that period.

Yes, it was. I couldn't click in the BIN fast enough. Well, I guess I did click fast enough. Either way, I was very happy to snag it.

Iron Man #46 and 47 are also great covers in my opinion. Same with #54 which is the first IM after the Picture Frames ended. I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed as a PF and changed after the fact.

IronMan54.jpg

#44 and #54 are high on my want list, gorgeous pieces of art work. Hopefully the TC, Susha or one of these other new collections will have a few high grade copies I can go after.