• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

Great books, MC.

I knew these Sgt. Furys would be more difficult to find in high grade than superhero books, but I've been surprised how hard it is to find nice copies. The #105 and a few others are beasts. Anybody have a nice #101 or 103?

Edited by Ghost_Town

You make it look easy to find Sgt Fury picture frames in great shape and with exceptional cover registration.

Great set of books!

This is more commonly how I find the high grade issues:

SgtFury93-1.jpg

You make a great point, Bob.

Print production quality control lacked big time during the time period, that's for sure.

There are countless PF books that illustrate both miswrapped & miscut bindery defects

as depicted in the Comic Book Grading Guide.

bindery-trimming-defects.gif

I knew these Sgt. Furys would be more difficult to find in high grade than superhero books, but I've been surprised how hard it is to find nice copies. The #105 and a few others are beasts. Anybody have a nice #101 or 103?

Here's a #103... which I believed to be a great score.

The cost was $1.75 and the expectation high.

The book-in-hand realization, however, was the letdown as the back cover revealed (minor)

moisture damage.

Oh well...

SF-103.jpg

Exactly why I can be perfectly happy with a 9.2 rather than 9.8, when you can find them looking this good! :applause:

You know I'm going to like that one! lol

(Adams fan - 3 favourite Marvel issues = Avengers 93, 96 and X-Men 58) (thumbs u

You know I'm going to like that one! lol

(Adams fan - 3 favourite Marvel issues = Avengers 93, 96 and X-Men 58) (thumbs u

Me too!

I have the 9.8 TC #98 as well. My x-men 58 is an old label 8.5 I got like 10 years ago. Definitely high up on my upgrade list (thumbs u

I think I started trying to assemble a full run of the 25¢ Picture frame books in 2007. I already owned most of the superhero books by then and figured it would be a fun to complete the run in high grade. I liked square bound books and I liked picture frames too. It's just 31 books from the 1970s. How hard could it be?

Little did I know just how freaking tough it would be. I started out wanting 9.6s but I quickly realized that it was pretty unrealistic with some of these books. It's almost five years later and today I finally completed the registry set with a 9.2 copy of My Love #14.

I'd still love to get them all in 9.4 or better, but that might take another five years. So in the meantime, forgive me while I show them off.

(Thanks to JiveTurkeyMofo, joeypost, and Spiderman-on-Tilt for hooking me up with three of the tougher books.)

c7a51711.jpgf425300f.jpg45272e33.jpg

1d972e63.jpg1c22fd53.jpgeb92176b.jpg

da5331a8.jpgafd1a39b.jpgd3f4e66e.jpg

2d116459.jpg07ac21a7.jpg707bd908.jpg

f755106e.jpgb2c0f650.jpg7facf8ff.jpg

aef3ba5e.jpgdbc77f54.jpg02dce4b5.jpg

62cf8774.jpga1192beb.jpg1a262969.jpg

cf7151b2.jpg5f456a92.jpg46f0747f.jpg

9ebebede.jpg010ab559.jpgc0adada9.jpg

53f54d33.jpg118b15bf.jpg9472d3af.jpg

df8603b5.jpg

If I can ever finish my 9.2+ Avengers 1-225 and my 9.0+ BA 1st issue runs, that will probably be my next project. Right now though, the only ones I have are the Avengers 93 and annual 5, the chamber of darkness annual 1 and the marvel triple action 1 in HG. I have 3 of the others raw but that's it :sorry:

That's a SICK run you have there ghost town!!! Congrats :applause:

I especially love the special marvel edition #4 (worship)

I've always loved that cover and have been trying to find a HG copy for like 20 years. The closest I ever came was a browned out cover 8.0-8.5ish copy that didn't present very well and passed on. Someday, I would kill to get a bright and beautiful copy like yours :wishluck:

I think I started trying to assemble a full run of the 25¢ Picture frame books in 2007... Little did I know just how freaking tough it would be. I started out wanting 9.6s but I quickly realized that it was pretty unrealistic with some of these books. It's almost five years later and today I finally completed the registry set with a 9.2 copy of My Love #14.

What a remarkable achievement and a job well done!

Congratulations on your success, Barton.

:golfclap: