• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

When are you going to finish putting your books in the registry? You're holding out on us!

To be honest, I've been reading these boards since 2002 and only recently, with your

prompting, have my eyes been opened to the registry. Weird I know bit that's me. Really didn't

see the need or have the desire to explore that area of the Collectors Society. That's said, I'll try

and populate my PF set, but don’t expect much... there's no way I can compete with the likes of

you, Doctor Joe (why doesn't he post in this thread, anyway?) and the other Picture Framers!

Is this from Top Notch on EBay? I hesitated then came back the next day and was going to BIN it but it was gone. :cry: IM has some great covers in and around that period.

Yes, it was. I couldn't click in the BIN fast enough. Well, I guess I did click fast enough. Either way, I was very happy to snag it.

Iron Man #46 and 47 are also great covers in my opinion. Same with #54 which is the first IM after the Picture Frames ended. I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed as a PF and changed after the fact.

#44 and #54 are high on my want list, gorgeous pieces of art work. Hopefully the TC, Susha or one of these other new collections will have a few high grade copies I can go after.

All research data points reveal no recently graded copies of IM#44 from the Suscha News Collection.

For all intents and purposes you can cross that resource of your list. :hi:

181783_170878602958400_100001087832702_382939_2946083_n.jpg

One of my favourite Bronze Age and Neal Adams books.

Presents more like a strong 9.4

Thought I would add this to the mix:

RAD9F6682011713_195659.jpg

Finding a nice copy of this book became a multi-year obsessive convention quest... finally completed in May. Need to find another book to obsess over now!

That's a great find! As you know, it's one of the toughest, if not the toughest PF superhero book to find in 9.6 or better.

And if you really want something to obsess over, try finding 9.6+ copies of Two-Gun Kid or Millie the Model.

Okay, Gang... the 30-day delay is over.

It's time once again for Name That Frame.

Let's restart the game with a Triple Treat:

L92.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L111-1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L160.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L111-1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ringo Kid #16

Uh... not quite, joey. GT got that one.

(check the image you quoted, My Friend.) hm

I lose on a technicality, really. It was late and I quoted the wrong image.

You guys are worse than the jeopardy judges.

I did a quick scan down the last page to see which images had been claimed, and it seemed to be just the Sub-Mariner cover, duplicated. I then went back and did the western-looking one independently - without noticing Joe had tried to claim it.

So, I spent some time working the answer out from first principles. But, I did have a bit of a guilt trip later when I noticed what had happened -a while after posting.

However, it's really not quite that important to me, so if you want, award the No Prize to Joey. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L111-1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ringo Kid #16

Uh... not quite, joey. GT got that one.

(check the image you quoted, My Friend.) hm

I lose on a technicality, really. It was late and I quoted the wrong image.

You guys are worse than the jeopardy judges.

lol Alex Trebek I am not.

Yes... it was late so no worries all around.

It’s fair to say the Gamers knew what you meant to do.:applause:

RK-16_puzzle_answer.jpg