• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

That's a great collecting achievement. :applause:

+1

It's interesting to me that most of those slabs are blank labels and say nothing whatsoever about the book other than who did the cover art hm

Btw, Ghost town, whats the extra notation under the title on the Marvel triple Action 1? My old eyes cant even come close to reading it but i know my copy doesnt have an extra notation.

Oops, never mind, i see it in your gallery. Double cover eh?!? VERY impressive! I just assumed the notation on the right was a Pedigree, i couldnt make out that it said double cover (thumbs u

Edited by sufunk

It's interesting to me that most of those slabs are blank labels and say nothing whatsoever about the book other than who did the cover art hm

I think that usually means it's an all-reprint issue.

I think that usually means it's an all-reprint issue.

yeah, but arent a lot of those "no notation" books he posted not reprints?

I still never understand why they dont at least put what issue its a reprint of. Thats always seemed odd to me ???

Edited by sufunk

I think I started trying to assemble a full run of the 25¢ Picture frame books in 2007. I already owned most of the superhero books by then and figured it would be a fun to complete the run in high grade. I liked square bound books and I liked picture frames too. It's just 31 books from the 1970s. How hard could it be?

Little did I know just how freaking tough it would be. I started out wanting 9.6s but I quickly realized that it was pretty unrealistic with some of these books. It's almost five years later and today I finally completed the registry set with a 9.2 copy of My Love #14.

I'd still love to get them all in 9.4 or better, but that might take another five years. So in the meantime, forgive me while I show them off.

(Thanks to JiveTurkeyMofo, joeypost, and Spiderman-on-Tilt for hooking me up with three of the tougher books.)

c7a51711.jpgf425300f.jpg45272e33.jpg

1d972e63.jpg1c22fd53.jpgeb92176b.jpg

da5331a8.jpgafd1a39b.jpgd3f4e66e.jpg

2d116459.jpg07ac21a7.jpg707bd908.jpg

f755106e.jpgb2c0f650.jpg7facf8ff.jpg

aef3ba5e.jpgdbc77f54.jpg02dce4b5.jpg

62cf8774.jpga1192beb.jpg1a262969.jpg

cf7151b2.jpg5f456a92.jpg46f0747f.jpg

9ebebede.jpg010ab559.jpgc0adada9.jpg

53f54d33.jpg118b15bf.jpg9472d3af.jpg

df8603b5.jpg

(worship)

Congrats on finishing the set :applause:

I still never understand why they dont at least put what issue its a reprint of. Thats always seemed odd to me ???

I agree it would be nice to have those details, but in some cases I think there would be far too much information to fit comfortably on the label, especially with the giant size books reprinting 50s SF and monster stories, such as Fear, to give an example.

Most of us have to buy stuff...

I continue to buy stuff as well... and I am having a blast in doing so!

Here's a recent purchase -- it's a Suscha raw copy.

Having bought several certified copies from the collection I wanted to experience for myself

what the fuse was by feeling, smelling and holding the natural essence with my own critical

collectible-senses.

I was not disappointed.

If you have not experienced a Suscha raw copy, I recommend you do so.

You will not be disappointed. (thumbs u

WMD-14_sucha-news.jpg

Recently had the opportunity to upgrade my raw copy of SME#5 to a certified piece

and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

Excellent production quality with print-proportionate centering, vertical cover spine

alignment, and a squared copy cut.

It's an old label 9.6 white-pager from 2002... and it's a keeper!

SME-5_9-6.jpg

Recently had the opportunity to upgrade my raw copy of SME#5 to a certified piece

and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

Excellent production quality with print-proportionate centering, vertical cover spine

alignment, and a squared copy cut.

It's an old label 9.6 white-pager from 2002... and it's a keeper!

SME-5_9-6.jpg

That is a killer book. I've seen 9.8s that don't look that nice.