• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

I bought this on eBay a couple years ago. I've been hoping to find a nicer copy but my odds of winning Powerball are probably better.

I finally dug it out and sent it down to Florida. Unless there's another copy in the pipeline. it'll be the first graded copy. It's one of the last 5 (of 388) books I need to complete a CGC graded set.

Just four left?! That's absolutely incredible!

Thanks! If the My Love grades out ok, the last four are all Millie the Model issues. Yes, I'm a grown man looking for high grade issues of Millie the Model.

I remember when the Don Rosa books started selling on EBay, everyone thought it was a hoax until the seller started receiving positive feedback. Cannot remember who the seller was, but those auction went from dead to 1,000 miles an hour in no time flat.

I remember when the Don Rosa books started selling on EBay, everyone thought it was a hoax until the seller started receiving positive feedback. Cannot remember who the seller was, but those auction went from dead to 1,000 miles an hour in no time flat.

Was it this guy? donrosacollection (708)

Yep, that's him. I believe his name is Steve Wyatt.

You lot have sick collections, well! they make me sick anyway. :cry:

Barton's collection is an inspiration. Add to that the fact that I began regularly reading and collecting comics during the height of the picture frame era in early '72, along with the finite and affordable nature of a 15 month time frame for publication, and it's a really enjoyable genre to collect. As readers, I also have a parallel collection of unslabbed copies in lesser condition, including nearly all of the ones I bought off the rack.

I love this place. That's the info I was looking for. I think a thread was started about it as well.

I love this place. That's the info I was looking for. I think a thread was started about it as well.

He had all the slabs at SDCC that first year (2005) for viewing, as Don Rosa wanted all the slabs sold on eBay. However, all the mags were purchased by Bill Hughes during the con.

The raws were sold at the show. Too bad I did not concentrate on buying up the hard to find picture frames at that time and instead worked on my DC list. I also bought the whole Skywald collection that was complete except the romance issues. :facepalm:

He had all the slabs at SDCC that first year (2005) for viewing, as Don Rosa wanted all the slabs sold on eBay. However, all the mags were purchased by Bill Hughes during the con.

The raws were sold at the show. Too bad I did not concentrate on buying up the hard to find picture frames at that time and instead worked on my DC list. I also bought the whole Skywald collection that was complete except the romance issues. :facepalm:

Greg, didn't you buy the Don Rosa X-Men #79? And I think I might own that book even thought the designation didn't make it on the label.