• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

I remember when the Don Rosa books started selling on EBay, everyone thought it was a hoax until the seller started receiving positive feedback. Cannot remember who the seller was, but those auction went from dead to 1,000 miles an hour in no time flat.

Was it this guy? donrosacollection (708)

Yep, that's him. I believe his name is Steve Wyatt.

I love this place. That's the info I was looking for. I think a thread was started about it as well.

He had all the slabs at SDCC that first year (2005) for viewing, as Don Rosa wanted all the slabs sold on eBay. However, all the mags were purchased by Bill Hughes during the con.

The raws were sold at the show. Too bad I did not concentrate on buying up the hard to find picture frames at that time and instead worked on my DC list. I also bought the whole Skywald collection that was complete except the romance issues. :facepalm:

Greg, didn't you buy the Don Rosa X-Men #79? And I think I might own that book even thought the designation didn't make it on the label.

Yes, I bought it and sent the certificate along with the book when I sold it.

It was part of a bunch of higher end raws that Steve Wyatt held back from the initial exclusive raiding by Ewert and Brulato.

Looking for a 9.8 of this issue. One of my favorite Kane covers:

SMC46cgc96_zpsrkajderk.jpg

That's a great cover! Awesome books you've posted.

Just wondering if there's a CGC 9.9 and/or 10.0 among the 388 PF books?

You lot have sick collections, well! they make me sick anyway. :cry:

Barton's collection is an inspiration. Add to that the fact that I began regularly reading and collecting comics during the height of the picture frame era in early '72, along with the finite and affordable nature of a 15 month time frame for publication, and it's a really enjoyable genre to collect. As readers, I also have a parallel collection of unslabbed copies in lesser condition, including nearly all of the ones I bought off the rack.

Let me add that Barton is also an incredible boardie who has taken time out of his own busy schedule to help others in pursuit of their collecting goals- especially me.

Barton's amazing collection is also one indication of the kind of person and collector he is!

Barton, I'm looking forward to seeing the day you achieve this incredible collecting achievement!

Best,

John

Looking for a 9.8 of this issue. One of my favorite Kane covers:

SMC46cgc96_zpsrkajderk.jpg

That's a great cover! Awesome books you've posted.

Just wondering if there's a CGC 9.9 and/or 10.0 among the 388 PF books?

Not sure to be honest, can't recall one off hand but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Spidey issues is a 9.9. 10 I doubt there are any.

I remember when the Don Rosa books started selling on EBay, everyone thought it was a hoax until the seller started receiving positive feedback. Cannot remember who the seller was, but those auction went from dead to 1,000 miles an hour in no time flat.

Was it this guy? donrosacollection (708)

Yep, that's him. I believe his name is Steve Wyatt.

I love this place. That's the info I was looking for. I think a thread was started about it as well.

He had all the slabs at SDCC that first year (2005) for viewing, as Don Rosa wanted all the slabs sold on eBay. However, all the mags were purchased by Bill Hughes during the con.

The raws were sold at the show. Too bad I did not concentrate on buying up the hard to find picture frames at that time and instead worked on my DC list. I also bought the whole Skywald collection that was complete except the romance issues. :facepalm:

Greg, didn't you buy the Don Rosa X-Men #79? And I think I might own that book even thought the designation didn't make it on the label.

Yes, I bought it and sent the certificate along with the book when I sold it.

It was part of a bunch of higher end raws that Steve Wyatt held back from the initial exclusive raiding by Ewert and Brulato.

You sold it to me raw and I sent it in to CGC. You thought it was a 9.0 at best. CGC graded it 9.2 or 9.4.

At that time there were only a couple of 9.0's on the census as the highest graded.

I then sold it to Barton.

It’s back because nobody demanded it – The Picture Frame Scarcity Index!

Just a few books fell off the list since the last time. We really need another Suscha News, Don Rosa, or Oakland-esque collection to surface. Preferably one owned by a fastidious nut job who bought Millie the Model and Li'l Kids. (I write that affectionately.)

Besides lists of books with either zero or one 9.4 or better copy, I added a list of extra tough hero books like Hulk #158 and Iron Man #44.

There probably is something to the thought that black covers are harder to find in uber high grade. 7 of the 9 tough hero books have black covers. And the other two have dark colors too - Iron Man #44 is dark brown, Captain Marvel #22 is deep blue.

No copies in CGC 9.4 or better:

Harvey #3, 5

Li'l Kids #4, 7, 9

Millie The Model #194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199

My Love #20

Our Love Story #20

Ringo Kid #17

Special Marvel Edition #4

One copy in CGC 9.4 or better:

Chili #18 19, 20

Harvey #6

Li’l Kids #5, 6

Li'l Pals #1, 2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #34, 39

Marvel Triple Action #6

Mighty Marvel Western #17

My Love #14, 16, 18, 19

Our Love Story #17, 18, 19

Rawhide Kid #103

Ringo Kid #13, 14, 15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Two-Gun Kid #101, 102, 103

Western Gunfighters #8, 10

Western Kid #3, 5

Wyatt Earp #31

Tough hero books in CGC 9.6 or better:

Avengers #103 (6 in 9.6)

Avengers #105 (8 in 9.6)

Captain Marvel #22 (4 in 9.6)

Daredevil #86 (1 9.8, 4 in 9.6)

Incredible Hulk #158 (6 in 9.6)

Iron Man #44 (6 in 9.6)

Sub-Mariner #43 (6 in 9.6)

X-Men #76 (4 in 9.6)

X-Men #79 (1 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6)

Outlaw Kid 27? (shrug)

I thought there was 2 9.8's and 1 9.6 [on Metro's site] but the 9.6 appears to be gone now? I could be wrong but if there is a 3rd 9.8 copy I might have to buy it too. :P

There is a 3rd. It is sitting in a box behind me :banana:

hm Do you have a #45 in there by any chance?

:sorry: no such luck

It’s back because nobody demanded it – The Picture Frame Scarcity Index!

Just a few books fell off the list since the last time. We really need another Suscha News, Don Rosa, or Oakland-esque collection to surface. Preferably one owned by a fastidious nut job who bought Millie the Model and Li'l Kids. (I write that affectionately.)

Besides lists of books with either zero or one 9.4 or better copy, I added a list of extra tough hero books like Hulk #158 and Iron Man #44.

There probably is something to the thought that black covers are harder to find in uber high grade. 7 of the 9 tough hero books have black covers. And the other two have dark colors too - Iron Man #44 is dark brown, Captain Marvel #22 is deep blue.

No copies in CGC 9.4 or better:

Harvey #3, 5

Li'l Kids #4, 7, 9

Millie The Model #194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199

My Love #20

Our Love Story #20

Ringo Kid #17

Special Marvel Edition #4

One copy in CGC 9.4 or better:

Chili #18 19, 20

Harvey #6

Li’l Kids #5, 6

Li'l Pals #1, 2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #34, 39

Marvel Triple Action #6

Mighty Marvel Western #17

My Love #14, 16, 18, 19

Our Love Story #17, 18, 19

Rawhide Kid #103

Ringo Kid #13, 14, 15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Two-Gun Kid #101, 102, 103

Western Gunfighters #8, 10

Western Kid #3, 5

Wyatt Earp #31

Tough hero books in CGC 9.6 or better:

Avengers #103 (6 in 9.6)

Avengers #105 (8 in 9.6)

Captain Marvel #22 (4 in 9.6)

Daredevil #86 (1 9.8, 4 in 9.6)

Incredible Hulk #158 (6 in 9.6)

Iron Man #44 (6 in 9.6)

Sub-Mariner #43 (6 in 9.6)

X-Men #76 (4 in 9.6)

X-Men #79 (1 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6)

Outlaw Kid 27? (shrug)

It's a reprint of Outlaw Kid #10. Same with Outlaw Kid #25 and #9. A number of the Our Love Story and My Love Picture Frame books were also reprinted too. There's probably more that don't come to mind.

xsQH0a.jpgxvnUmR.jpg