• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I was wondering if one of you would be able to help a guy out from across the pond lol I am after a couple of the SDCC exclusives this year and thought one you would be willing to get them for me :wishluck:

Obviously i would cover all costs just let me know via PM, cheers (thumbs u

I would love to go, but $400 a night for a hotel? That's expensive.

You could stay with the Bunkys? :cloud9:

Just the thought of that makes my butt pucker. :eek:

:o

Serious, check out hotels in the "Old Town" area, only 5 minutes by taxi, and rooms run 125.00 ish,

B

Plus the food over there is positively fantastic

Not for the locals, it ain't.

Guacs served outta a can at more than half the places in Old Town. Seriously good and authentic Mexican food can be found East of the convention in Barrio Logan. Great place called "Cuatro Milpas" (near the base of the Coronado Bridge) that has these home-made tortillas that are nuclear powered. Their chicken or pork tacos or burritos are off the charts. Super reasonable prices. Warning #1: These guys don't do guacamole, but you won't care once you're there. Warning #2. They're only open for breakfast and lunch on Mon. - Sat. Warning #3: Expect to wait in a line out the door that'll be about 20 minutes, but they serve you cafeteria-style so you get your food within 1 minute of placing your order, so it all evens out. Warning #4: Be careful where you park. There're some tow-happy tow-trucks just waiting for somebody to park in places that are poorly marked as being permit only (I learned the hard way. That was one EXPENSIVE taco! :mad: @#$^&*).

If you want fresh guac, go to El Indio which is located on India St. halfway between Old Town and Little Italy. Great beef quesadillas and standard Mexican fare, but a cut above the more touristy Old Town places for about 2/3 the price. El Indio IS sit-down, but about half their biz is to-go orders, so while being super clean, it's not as fancy-shmancy as the typical Margaritaville-style restaurants in Old Town.

1/2 block north of that is one of the best Thai places in town--Saffron. Awesome Pod Thai Noodles. Their curries are outstanding. You can't go wrong with their menu.

And right next door to Saffron is Gelato Vero the best gelato (Italian ice cream and sorbet) on the Left Coast (and I've tried quite a few). Homemade, and NOT shipped in from some central place that seems to be the distributor for poor imitations. You can always tell it's gonna be a mediocre gelato when they garnish the top of it with fresh fruit. It's meant to distract you. Go to Gelato Vero. I'm sure there are better places (namely in Italy), but EVERY flavor (especially tiramisu, dark chocolate, pistachio, and cookies and cream not to mention their ' incredible mango or passionfruit sorbet) is a winner. Been going there for more than 25 years.

Those last three places are in a 1 block radius near the corner of India and Washington.

Hope that helps for you folks that're looking for the haunts where a lot of the locals go.

Serious, check out hotels in the "Old Town" area, only 5 minutes by taxi, and rooms run 125.00 ish,

B

Plus the food over there is positively fantastic

Not for the locals, it ain't.

Guacs served outta a can at more than half the places in Old Town. Seriously good and authentic Mexican food can be found East of the convention in Barrio Logan. Great place called "Cuatro Milpas" (near the base of the Coronado Bridge) that has these home-made tortillas that are nuclear powered. Their chicken or pork tacos or burritos are off the charts. Super reasonable prices. Warning #1: These guys don't do guacamole, but you won't care once you're there. Warning #2. They're only open for breakfast and lunch on Mon. - Sat. Warning #3: Expect to wait in a line out the door that'll be about 20 minutes, but they serve you cafeteria-style so you get your food within 1 minute of placing your order, so it all evens out. Warning #4: Be careful where you park. There're some tow-happy tow-trucks just waiting for somebody to park in places that are poorly marked as being permit only (I learned the hard way. That was one EXPENSIVE taco! :mad: @#$^&*).

If you want fresh guac, go to El Indio which is located on India St. halfway between Old Town and Little Italy. Great beef quesadillas and standard Mexican fare, but a cut above the more touristy Old Town places for about 2/3 the price. El Indio IS sit-down, but about half their biz is to-go orders, so while being super clean, it's not as fancy-shmancy as the typical Margaritaville-style restaurants in Old Town.

1/2 block north of that is one of the best Thai places in town--Saffron. Awesome Pod Thai Noodles. Their curries are outstanding. You can't go wrong with their menu.

And right next door to Saffron is Gelato Vero the best gelato (Italian ice cream and sorbet) on the Left Coast (and I've tried quite a few). Homemade, and NOT shipped in from some central place that seems to be the distributor for poor imitations. You can always tell it's gonna be a mediocre gelato when they garnish the top of it with fresh fruit. It's meant to distract you. Go to Gelato Vero. I'm sure there are better places (namely in Italy), but EVERY flavor (especially tiramisu, dark chocolate, pistachio, and cookies and cream not to mention their ' incredible mango or passionfruit sorbet) is a winner. Been going there for more than 25 years.

Those last three places are in a 1 block radius near the corner of India and Washington.

Hope that helps for you folks that're looking for the haunts where a lot of the locals go.

I don't know those places, and I trust Mick's judgment, but I promise you, if you go to Old Town Mexican Cafe or Freds Mexican Cafe, you will NOT be disappointed in your meal. If you go and you don't like it, I will buy your meal.

For the record, I don't eat the guac anyway.

SDCC policy really sucks in this spot:

I have an extra ticket because my stepmom can't make it, however I can't transfer it to anyone and deadline for turning it in has passed.

Perhaps the folks will be nice enough to let us get the badge without the person present. If so, I may be able to help someone out.

SDCC is making a limited number of tickets available for people who buy a hotel package.

Hotels are located in Mission Valley and are on the Comic-Con Shuttle Route!

A limited number of 4-Day Memberships passes have just become available as part of a hotel stay package. Simply book 3 or more nights to be eligible. These membership packages will go fast, so get yours today!

Package rates start at:

Hotel Name (Cost is for the 4-day pass and 3 nights hotel)

Courtyard by Marriott SD Mission Valley $611+$100 per person

Crowne Plaza San Diego $672+$100 per person

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley $598+$100 per person

Town & Country Resort - Mission Valley $503+$100 per person

Hotels are located in Mission Valley

and are on the Comic-Con Shuttle Route.

Membership Packages are limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Memberships include preview night.

How to secure your 4-Day Membership passes:

1. Book a minimum of 3 nights at one of the above hotels. Stay must include the night of Thursday, July 22nd. Additional nights are available at the Comic-Con convention rate which will increase the package price.

2. Adult 4-Day Membership** passes are $100 per person and will be reflected in your hotel room rate for the night of July 22nd.

3. Maximum of 4 memberships per room. All guest names must be on the reservation. Each membership is good for one adult entry into Comic-Con.

4. Full prepayment is required at time of booking. Charges are non-refundable.

5. Room reservations and memberships are non-transferable.

** Memberships are subject to adjustment for Juniors on site during the Convention.

Done deal. I have my RSVP's for the 3 of us!!!!!

Me too. Got the hotel and 4 passes for cheaper than what I offered just for 2 passes a few months ago.

:banana:

My daughters can't wait!!!

Done deal. I have my RSVP's for the 3 of us!!!!!

Me too. Got the hotel and 4 passes for cheaper than what I offered just for 2 passes a few months ago.

:banana:

My daughters can't wait!!!

Cant wait to see ya there!!!!!!!

JJ

If some of you guys heard I am moving back to San Diego only after about 5 months from moving back to Philly.

I have realized that San Diego and/or socal is where I want to live for the foreseeable future.

I am driving out to San Diego on July 12, 2010.

Will take me about 4 days, but of course I will be attending 2010 SDCC working with good old Bobby Storms.

Can't wait to move back to Sunny San Diego. :cloud9:

If some of you guys heard I am moving back to San Diego only after about 5 months from moving back to Philly.

I have realized that San Diego and/or socal is where I want to live for the foreseeable future.

Will take me about 4 days, but of course I will be attending 2010 SDCC working with good old Bobby Storms.

My Poker Buddy is coming home...... (thumbs u

My Poker Buddy is coming home...... (thumbs u

Yup Yup!

Ocean's 11 baby :whee: