• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

So BassGMan, when you get there at 11:00 - 11:30 there is only a minimal line? That makes much more sense. I got there last year at 8:00 and had to wait till' about 12:00 anyways. Insane!

I went last year for the first time. I did one day on Thursday and the line was about 4 hours long starting at 8:00 a.m. I'm thinking about going again next year for just one day but don't want to wait in such a long line. Does anyone know if Friday is better? I was thinking maybe Thursday is bad because it's the first day and people are lining up to get their 4 days passes?

Welcome to the boards. I would think Friday and Sunday would have the shortest lineups. Most 4 day passes would line up Wed. or Thurs.

I did have some luck on the Thursday last con. as the staff opened up a second lineup just as I arrived and I was told to walk by a huge line on the right of the convention center (right side if looking at the con. center from across the main street) to the front of the new line on the left of the con. center.

So BassGMan, when you get there at 11:00 - 11:30 there is only a minimal line? That makes much more sense. I got there last year at 8:00 and had to wait till' about 12:00 anyways. Insane!

Well there could still be a line around 11:00, but it will be much shorter. I'd rather arrive 60-90 minutes late and wait for 30 minutes to get in, than wait three hours to get in at the open. Nothing special about the open anyway. Still the same con whether arriving at 10:30 or 12:30, though if you want to indulge in every minute, or get to an early morning panel, then sure, wait for hours to get in, I'd rather sleep in, have a leisurly breakfast or hang out elsewhere. Connin' for seven hours a day (assuming 12-7) is plenty for me each day.

Online hotel bookings start Mar 18/10. Can cancel hotel reservation without penalty up to May 14/10.

You can preview which SD hotel up to 10 miles away that you may wish to stay at now:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci10_hotels.pdf

Interesting that SDCC has 2 HQ hotels for 2010: Hilton Bayfront and regular SD Marriott Marina for events and evening movies (e.g. Twilight: New Moon).

Yes you are lucky! After waiting for a looong time in the right-hand side line, I was told it was taking longer than usual because they just opened up a second line creating a huge jam up front. I'm definitely sleeping in this year.

Online hotel bookings start Mar 18/10. Can cancel hotel reservation without penalty up to May 14/10.

You can preview which SD hotel up to 10 miles away that you may wish to stay at now:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci10_hotels.pdf

Interesting that SDCC has 2 HQ hotels for 2010: Hilton Bayfront and regular SD Marriott Marina for events and evening movies (e.g. Twilight: New Moon).

This is also the first year that 1 nights deposit will be due upon making your reservation through the conventions discount hotel service. This could be a good thing as it will cut down on some people making many reservations at different hotels (thus making them unavailable) and then canceling last minute when they actually decide which one they want or have money for.

Got my tickets for Thursday and Friday-Hooray! Just got home from deployment and missed out on the four day passes. No worries though. I was also able to get a room at the Hilton Bayfront. First SDCC-Good times!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I was thinking of going to San Diego this year. I can't believe 4 day passes and Saturday are already sold out. This is why I never go. It's too much of a hassle to plan this damn comic convention seven months out lol

will there be tickets available day of show? or is this show already sold out?

No tickets will be available the day of the show. Four-day passes are sold out. Friday and Saturday single day tickets are sold out. Thursday and Sunday day tickets are still available.

It'll be interesting to see if Comic-Con sells some tickets via eBay like they did last year.

Just wondering how it can be re-sold on ebay if the registration is under the buyer's name? I know that SDCC checks ID before you get in.

They resale the canceled tickets from people who returned them at the regular price (not bidding wars).

will there be tickets available day of show? or is this show already sold out?

No tickets will be available the day of the show. Four-day passes are sold out. Friday and Saturday single day tickets are sold out. Thursday and Sunday day tickets are still available.

It'll be interesting to see if Comic-Con sells some tickets via eBay like they did last year.

really wanted to attend this show. There must be some really good happenings to already be sold out.

Just wondering how it can be re-sold on ebay if the registration is under the buyer's name? I know that SDCC checks ID before you get in.

I'm not talking about people buying passes and then reselling them on eBay. Last year, Comic-Con itself sold some passes on eBay. So, I assume if you hit the BIN, you get an email from Comic-Con with a bar code, just as if you'd registered for the con on the website. Last year, these were gobbled up within seconds of them being posted on eBay.

I'm not talking about people buying passes and then reselling them on eBay. Last year, Comic-Con itself sold some passes on eBay. So, I assume if you hit the BIN, you get an email from Comic-Con with a bar code, just as if you'd registered for the con on the website. Last year, these were gobbled up within seconds of them being posted on eBay.

(thumbs u