• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Anyone collect Commodore 64/128 computer systems, accessories, and games? I just bought a huge lot! I hate selling these systems due to weight, but I love those old monitors and I got one MINT in its original box, hardly used. Best of all you can hook any modern game system up to these monitors. I have been playing my Xbox on it for some time now.

I have it listed on ebay along with the disk drive. I have no idea what to do with the Commodore 64 itself, as these do not sell for much!

'mint'

:sorry: but thanks

I sell them for $29.95 all day long. They are really not worth much.

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: I am a video game dealer on eBay and beyond!

I actually learned a little trick just a couple of weeks ago. If you pop a game in and get the infamous blue screen, wiggle the game towards you so that the top of the cartridge is butted against the inside front of the console. Hit the reset button and voila the game works just fine. (thumbs u

I don't know if you know who I am but I am a major video game dealer and have been collecting for decades. I appreciate the advice, but my point was simply to get the original poster to understand that selling these on ebay does come with a lot of risks. I sell mine as is; and normally like to sell to other dealers (who will put a new 72-pin connector in them and then resell them) or enthusiasts who know what they are doing. Nothing against you, but I do about $4,000 in sales in video game sales alone (in a good month; not every month).

I also specialize in the ultra rare stuff. I sold two copies of NES World Championship Gold cartrdiges in the last three to five years and two copies of Stadium Events as well.

Right now I just sold off a massive amount of RARE Sega Saturn games and Atari 2600 games I won at auction.

If you are looking for games, let me know.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I'm not sure why you took that comment of mine personally. You said something about returns on NES game systems and I was just offering up a helpful suggestion (to everyone reading this thread) if NES games didn't work right away. And you're correct - I don't know who you are (other than reading many of your posts). :foryou:

My neighbor is moving so my wife & I decided to walk over to their yard sale yesterday morning.Found this yard decoration for $15 bucks.It's 5 feet long & would probably take 2 or 3 people to pick it up.It needs a little work but it is way cool as is.

And no.It is of the "non" firing variety.

Cannon003.jpg

Nice pickup. Any idea how old it is? That is one cool item. Gonna restore or not?

No idea on the age.The only thing I have found on it is R M I on the side plate.Restoration would be fairly simple as the pivot pin on the barrel is broke and that is the only real problem.That and a new coat of paint.

Edited by Toz

My neighbor is moving so my wife & I decided to walk over to their yard sale yesterday morning.Found this yard decoration for $15 bucks.It's 5 feet long & would probably take 2 or 3 people to pick it up.It needs a little work but it is way cool as is.

And no.It is of the "non" firing variety.

Cannon003.jpg

Nice pickup. Any idea how old it is? That is one cool item. Gonna restore or not?

No idea on the age.The only thing I have found on it is R M I on the side plate.Restoration would be fairly simple as the pivot pin on the barrel is broke and that is the only real problem.That and a new coat of paint.

I'd have it sandblasted first. :)

Bought a huge stack of Wrestling and other sports magazine and programs. Here's a couple of the oddball stuff you don't see every day.

This came from a call I got on some 1950s Classic comics (seriously - any other title please)

which I wasn't too thrilled about but all the other stuff I picked up made it worth it.

Turns out that Wrestling Revue #1 is worth about $100

PicsOO1597.jpg

PicsOO1598.jpg

PicsOO1600.jpg

PicsOO1577.jpg

PicsOO1552.jpg

PicsOO1566.jpg

PicsOO1567.jpg

PicsOO1590.jpg

PicsOO1585.jpg

scan0379.jpg

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I actually learned a little trick just a couple of weeks ago. If you pop a game in and get the infamous blue screen, wiggle the game towards you so that the top of the cartridge is butted against the inside front of the console. Hit the reset button and voila the game works just fine. (thumbs u

I don't know if you know who I am but I am a major video game dealer and have been collecting for decades. I appreciate the advice, but my point was simply to get the original poster to understand that selling these on ebay does come with a lot of risks. I sell mine as is; and normally like to sell to other dealers (who will put a new 72-pin connector in them and then resell them) or enthusiasts who know what they are doing. Nothing against you, but I do about $4,000 in sales in video game sales alone (in a good month; not every month).

I also specialize in the ultra rare stuff. I sold two copies of NES World Championship Gold cartrdiges in the last three to five years and two copies of Stadium Events as well.

Right now I just sold off a massive amount of RARE Sega Saturn games and Atari 2600 games I won at auction.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

:facepalm:

How dare you tell me how to blow into a NES cartridge and wiggle it to make it work! Ive been on the cover of Time, Newsweek, and People! Hell , I sold the President his Xbox! DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM??!!!

:roflmao:

I really mean no offense MINT, I just couldnt help myself.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Kind Regards,

'mint'

How dare you tell me how to blow into a NES cartridge and wiggle it to make it work! Ive been on the cover of Time, Newsweek, and People! Hell , I sold the President his Xbox! DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM??!!!

Yeah, Mint is a great contributor here and extremely knowledgeable, but the second anyone says anything even in the ballpark of; 'don't you know who I am?' they deserve a pretty swift :baiting:followed by a :roflmao:

I pick up Atari stuff when I see it at Goodwill. For some reason the aftermarket command sticks keep popping up. Found one to the double sided games as well.

Except for the most hard to find and quality items, Atari stuff has really fallen from value from where in was in the late 1990's to early 2000's. This is what will be happening to classic NES stuff soon as well. About ten years ago we went through a 70's revival period where a lot of items from this era were selling at obscene prices. Right now, we are mid swing of an 80's revival. This too shall pass.

Colecovision and Intellivision prices have fallen sharply. There is little interest in the common stuff in this realm.

Certain double sided games sell for more than others. The common ones you are lucky to get $10 for in near mint condition. Others I have sold for over $100.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Yeah, Mint is a great contributor here and extremely knowledgeable, but the second anyone says anything even in the ballpark of; 'don't you know who I am?' they deserve a pretty swift :baiting:followed by a :roflmao:

It's okay as I do not take offense to it, as I see how it can be read. While that was not my intent, I really don't think the President has time for Xbox. Besides he seems more of a Nintendo fan to me.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Mint, I have a Colecovision MIB (complete, working, all paperwork, original RF connector), a MIB Atari expansion module, a loose and fully working Colecovision console, a set of super action contollers with foam insert but no box, and about a dozen Colecovision games (including two Star Wars) and two Atari games (Pac Man ajd Space Invaders). What's a fair price on the bundle?

Got this for $1 each at a flea market.

DSC08987.jpg

DSC08965.jpg

DSC08959.jpg

DSC08964.jpg

DSC08962.jpg

The best thing was that the guy asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy in bulk. Long story short; he sold me 25 modern long boxes for $200. Nothing amazing in the boxes, but they did have some decent complete runs.

Edited by lemonman5

Mimt, I have a Colecovision MIB (complete, working, all paperwork, original RF connector), a MIB Atari expansion module, a loose and fully working Colecovision console, a set of super action contollers with foam insert but no box, and about a dozen Colecovision games (including two Star Wars) and two Atari games (Pac Man ajd Space Invaders). What's a fair price on the bundle?

Do you have pics. Feel free to PM me.

What two Star Wars games? Boxes and manuals included?

Let me know. Happy to help appraise it for you!

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

PS: If you could list the Coleco games; it would help. Some (very few) can be rare.

Edited by mintcollector

Got this for $1 each at a flea market. (pictures)

The best thing was that the guy asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy in bulk. Long story short; he sold me 25 modern long boxes for $200. Nothing amazing in the boxes, but they did have some decent complete runs.

those are some great books for a buck, and 200 for years of good reading sounds like a deal and a half.

Mint, I have a Colecovision MIB (complete, working, all paperwork, original RF connector), a MIB Atari expansion module, a loose and fully working Colecovision console, a set of super action contollers with foam insert but no box, and about a dozen Colecovision games (including two Star Wars) and two Atari games (Pac Man ajd Space Invaders). What's a fair price on the bundle?

Do you have pics. Feel free to PM me.

What two Star Wars games? Boxes and manuals included?

Let me know. Happy to help appraise it for you!

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

PS: If you could list the Coleco games; it would help. Some (very few) can be rare.

The games/cartridges are all loose. I have some of the manuals for a handful of games, but not many. The games all work.

Here are some pics I took when I had it hooked-up to our projector (sorry, no idea what's happening with photobucket):

colecovision_cib.jpg

colecovision_loose.jpg

colecovision_lot.jpg

dk_screenshot.jpg

star_wars_screenshot.jpg