• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Found a 1981 Donkey Kong table top game by Coleco at a flea market. Piled up a few items and got his price. Offered him a few bucks less and said throw that in -- his asking for it was maybe $3. Looks like this:

coleco-tabletop-donkey-kong-front.jpg

Found a 1981 Donkey Kong table top game by Coleco at a flea market. Piled up a few items and got his price. Offered him a few bucks less and said throw that in -- his asking for it was maybe $3. Looks like this:

Love it! I'm looking for these guys still in the box. I've passed on a Frogger, Pac-Man (just last weekend), and even a Donkey Kong, though if I recall the one I saw was missing the battery cover. Seeing yours, I feel I should have made an exception as Donkey Kong is one of my favs :cloud9:

Cool comic find too!

My garage sale haul involved 9 comics. A few Strange Tales, and a mish-mash of BA and Copper stuff. Two of the books were 90's books - Batman 500 and Superman MOS 18 (newsstand).

Yeah, mine is missing the battery cover as well, but as basically a throw in I am ok with that. The sticker decals on these tend to bleed apparently. Mine has some spotting of some sort, which isn't bad, but certainly not perfect.

Fired it up and it's pretty fun. My son was getting frustrated -- tough game.

Yeah, mine is missing the battery cover as well, but as basically a throw in I am ok with that. The sticker decals on these tend to bleed apparently. Mine has some spotting of some sort, which isn't bad, but certainly not perfect.

Fired it up and it's pretty fun. My son was getting frustrated -- tough game.

The cocktail arcade I have running the original isn't easy either.

Speaking of NES, do any of you video game guys know the best place to buy a new 72 pin connector?

I have one that needs to be replaced and I am reluctant to buy from just anyone without a recommendation from someone I know.

Hello DiceX. I do NOT carry these as I don't repair systems. eBay would be your best bet. These are not at all hard to find, but ironically for me, it is actually cheaper to part non-working systems out, then spend the time and possible expense to fix them.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance in this regard.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I repaired mine and it was incredibly easy and not expensive at all. If you deal with them a lot you might want to look into it. After replacing the connector it went from blinking red light to working like brand new. No more blowing on games

Hello,

I am a video game dealer and off of eBay. It does not pay for me to fix or repair these. Usually I sell the working systems complete with games for only $29.95. Every other NES system I get that does not work with a cleaning, gets parted out. I then wholesale the consoles to fellow dealers who fix them as part of their business plan; or I hate to admit this, throw out the consoles and sell the parts. This has been very profitable and non-time consuming for me.

Let me explain. I normally sell a NES system with all hook ups, two controllers, the light gun, and two to three games for $29.95 + shipping and handling. I can part one out for the following prices:

Original AC power supply: $10

Original RF Unit: $5-$6

Two Controller $6-$7

Zapper light gun (I usually include a Zapper game): $5

I only get $29.95 for the systems complete! It is usually not worth the hassle. Parts are where I make my money on these.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector

I get between $30-$40 for these with battery covers, in good working condition.

'mint'

I get between $30-$40 for these with battery covers, in good working condition.

'mint'

Sweet! (thumbs u

I use to have one of these when I was a youngster.

Today I decided to explore some junk stores in Desert Hot Springs just for fun. I went to a small swap meet, nothing good there really. Then I had lunch and went to some second hand stores next to the pizza place I stopped at. They were packed with cool stuff. I didn't take pics but all three stores had a ton of neat junk. One had mostly collectibles. No prices on anything. Toys, lunchboxes, posters, and comics. Just one longbox. As I went through it I saw 80's and 90's drek. He had a good amount of Silverwolf and Greater Mercury Comics in there and two or three undergrounds I had my eye on, but nothing valuable. At the back were portfolios. Rough shape, opened, and 90's era stuff. Those had price tags. HIGH price tags. High enough I put the comics back and left. If he wanted $50 for a beat up portfolio of 90's Image junk I can't imagine those Silverwolf comics would be a dollar. And all the other collectibles with no price tags, I bet they were priced high. But it's the first time I saw a junk store with actual comics and collectibles out here in a very long time, so it was kind of neat.

I was 'picking' in Adamstown today. Hit all my usual spots and of course I had to stop in Morphy's Auction Gallery to see all the cool AFA graded Transformers! I should have snapped a 'pic.' They just had a cool auction and had lots of great stuff!

Sincerely,

'mint'

Bought this lot from a local antique dealer for in June 2012 because he did not want 'the hassle' or 'have to deal with them' so I took this lot off his hands. Some really nice bronze and a few silver age issues. He bought them as part of a larger estate sale. He was asking $200.00. B/c I called him on not 'wanting' the hassle to sell them, I got it all for $80.00 :grin: ! Kept some of the keys for myself. Last of it is on eBay right now...Helped to fuel my ASM collection...

130169.jpg.31b918a614ddd98b0aa975bc414ed153.jpg

Went to a Flea Market this past weekend and found comics for a quarter each.

Here's a few of what I picked up...

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 to #10.

Ren & Stimp #1 scratch & sniff edition still sealed in plastic.

Fantastic Four Vol.3 #50 to #70.

Batman: Tales Of The Dark Knight #1 all the different color cover editions.

2 Captain America's from the 70's.

A couple of Gold Key books from the 60's(Gentle Ben, Black Hole #1 & #2).

And a bunch of other books.

It was a great day at the flea market. :grin:

Bought this lot from a local antique dealer for in June 2012 because he did not want 'the hassle' or 'have to deal with them' so I took this lot off his hands. Some really nice bronze and a few silver age issues. He bought them as part of a larger estate sale. He was asking $200.00. B/c I called him on not 'wanting' the hassle to sell them, I got it all for $80.00 :grin: ! Kept some of the keys for myself. Last of it is on eBay right now...Helped to fuel my ASM collection...

Great buy! :applause:

Purchases like this are just an example of the fact they're are still a lot of good books out there to be had. Just keep looking and digging and eventually you find some good stuff at a good price. (thumbs u

Agreed!

I was able to see a few of the books but I did not know the extent of the collection until I got it home and unpacked it and to put it mildly I was pleasantly surprised!

Gives me hope one day that I will find something like this again...But I am not going to hold my breath...

I'll give you $100 just for the top book on each stack there. hm

Wow nice... I see a Ghost Rider #1, a Dr Strange #1, a Defenders #1, a MTU #1, a Heroes for Hire #1, a CAT #1, a first app of the furry version of Beast, a first appearance of the current version of Warlock, a Vault of Evil #1...

very nice. Even in mid-grade readerville thats a heck of a snag.