• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Those are awesome at the price you paid. If nothing else I am sure your kids will love them. I have a ton of old toys from my childhood waiting at my grandparents house in storage just for my kids.

They are all played and loved but heck you cant beat Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man, Thunder Cats and Turtles. Toys today just dont compare.

That is one reason why Ninja Turtles and Thundercats are in stores again.

Bought this stuff from a flea market today.

The Dreamcast was $8. It's complete and working. I got the guy to throw in the Power Stone 2 for free. Even without the manual, its still probably worth more than the whole system.

Sorry for the picture, but camera's been acting up.

DSC09508.jpg

This was a $1 from the same guy.

DSC09519.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

Went to an estate sale yesterday and bought a bunch of golden age comics. One was a mystery comic that I'm looking for info on. It's posted in the Golden Age forum if anyone feels like trying to solve a mystery... look for Iggy's recent post.

Bought this stuff from a flea market today.

The Dreamcast was $8. It's complete and working. I got the guy to throw in the Power Stone 2

Ive got ups, but i hope the no wangtang rule is in effect.

Today in Cedarburg/Maxwell Street Days I picked Atari 2600 paddles (2 for $5) and the following games for 2600- Raiders of the Lost Arc, Asteroids, & Centipede. Also... I found Kid Icarus for NES; in the wild, my friends said it couldn't be done! My wife has been looking for that one. She picked up a few PS2 games- Devil May Cry, Star Wars Battlefront 2, & a PS1 game- Dark Summit. The we went to the longstanding Burnham Bowl comic show, but mostly were shut out.

This may not mean much to anyone else here, but I skateboarded all the time in my teens. Now... that was the mid 90's, so we had wood, double kicktail setups.

Heres a really old school Nash board. I wanted to have one, as a relic of the beginnings of the sport I love. Was only $1.00 so I feel like it was well worth it :)

Sk8_BananaNash1DOLLA.jpg

Today in Cedarburg/Maxwell Street Days I picked Atari 2600 paddles (2 for $5) and the following games for 2600- Raiders of the Lost Arc, Asteroids, & Centipede. Also... I found Kid Icarus for NES; in the wild, my friends said it couldn't be done! My wife has been looking for that one. She picked up a few PS2 games- Devil May Cry, Star Wars Battlefront 2, & a PS1 game- Dark Summit. The we went to the longstanding Burnham Bowl comic show, but mostly were shut out.

I LOVED going to Maxwell Street Days. I went from childhood to adulthood when I lived in Milwaukee. It was a great place to find 80s toys.

Nice score on the Kid Icarus!

This may not mean much to anyone else here, but I skateboarded all the time in my teens. Now... that was the mid 90's, so we had wood, double kicktail setups.

Heres a really old school Nash board. I wanted to have one, as a relic of the beginnings of the sport I love. Was only $1.00 so I feel like it was well worth it :)

Sk8_BananaNash1DOLLA.jpg

I love the old truck/wheel set-up. Roller skates, you're welcome.

8075749249_053f010f52.jpg

Star Wars 107 by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Not really a garage sale, but a local store in the mall has recently added to their product line of local sports memorabilia (Browns, Buckeyes) to include comic books. Talked to owner, who said that he really hasn't advertised them and was still in the process of inventory, but that I was welcome to look around. Mostly modern stuff, but I did snag this one for $2.

Man! I hope it wasn't my father selling my stuff! I still love heading back home to Maxwell Street days. It's been a while.

Here's a small haul of mostly '60s and '70s genre paperbacks--many look brand new and appear to be unread--from the Fall book sale today at the local branch of the public library where my wife works. I was particularly excited about the Jerry Rubin book, Kenneth Anger's "Hollywood Babylon II", and "They Found Atlantis" from the vastly underrated Dennis Wheatley...

books-10-13-12.jpg

And here's a comic book-style collage from the final pages of the Rubin book...

rubin-collage.jpg

Just picked up a Super Nintendo lot on Craigslist that came with Super Metroid! Psyched, I've never played it and am looking forward to it. Also came with Dr Mario/Tetris, Donkey Kong Country and 3 others.

Picked up a nearly complete Gaiking this week at an Antique Mall.

Literally went thru the basement, main floor, and the top floor with nothing. In the very last room was that great 2 foot tall Shogun.

Pat

That's awesome, I got shut out. :(