• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

No one found anything today?

I approached a dealer at the flea that had a long box today. He is a regular at the flea market I attend. He does glass and pottery etc. I was surprised to see the long box on his table. I looking through it all 90's junk. He yells out "why don't you buy the whole box". I say nothing and continue to look at each book 1 by one. They are all bagged and no boards. I see 2 I like and ask how much. This is a box of swill mind you, and he says $2 each. I pull them both out band drop them in front of him. He has no clue. I say $3 for both? Yeah sure.

flea_zps414d58b1.jpg

market_zpsc8225858.jpg

#17 is an easy 9.6 and excellent chance of a 9.8. #18 has a few ticks, so 9.2 - 9.4 would be my guess.

nice scores :)

I had a "Craigslist Encounter" this weekend - comics related, I promise! :eek:

Ended up with a nice mini-run of Captain America, issues 100-120, complete! The 117 is about Fine - or so...

:cloud9:

It was quite a find for me, I have to share some scans! They're mid-grade for the most part, but with nice eye appeal. It sure looks like someone took care of their comics! :grin:

img634_zps67304684.jpg

img635_zps08508723.jpg

img636_zps572eb704.jpg

img637_zps16e25951.jpg

img638_zpsdd6b568d.jpg

img639_zps94df1c1b.jpg

img640_zpsb372d320.jpg

img641_zpse3d4ca28.jpg

Local Craigslist ad today, "Four boxes of comics, $150" There were maybe 250 comics and about 40 or 50 magazines, including quite a few featuring Bruce Lee from the 70's and 80's.

Mostly modern drek, but there was included Amazing Spidey 149 and 150, a half dozen Incredible Hulks under 200 (179, thaaaat far off, lol ) and a couple junky-but-complete Sugar and Spike issues.

After a "comics 101" lesson with the seller, I ended getting everything for $40

When I got everything home I sorted through individually, and found four 1930's or 1940's cardboard Halloween masks, a minty-fresh copy of Vengeance of Bane, and a Superman The Man of Steel 18.

Seller was happy, as it turns out he works at the local landfill, and got them all for free out of stuff people dumped, and I assured him that I'd be delighted to give him cash for anything else that turned up.

Keeping my fingers crossed that some day he'll find something from the 40's or 50's.

Supposed to head about an hour away to get some books on Wednesday. Seller said there are some 70's Batman and some Amazing Spider-Man in there from around first Carnage-time. Hopefully #361 is one of them. The family is coming along so we're making it a half-day trip just to get away from the home for a while. I might try to find a few local antique shops to browse through as long as we're there.

Peace,

Chip

Sometimes I'm amazed at what great lengths some of you go to find comics. I don't think I ever drove an hour just to look at comics. And some of you go even greater distances. I guess you really can't expect great finds to fall into your lap and you need to go out and get them.

Myrtle Beach is a tourist town...not many long-time original residents. I don't mind driving, especially when I can take the family along for a cheap day-trip. We walk, see some sights, get some food and then drive home. It's nice to get out once in a while, and if I can get a nice bunch of comics for cheap it's a good day all-around.

Peace,

Chip

I go antiquing with the wife from time to time. Once in awhile I find a little something something. This was one of those times.

Haunt of Horror #5 - I have always really liked this cover (complete)

hoh5_zpsb38b4405.jpg

Iron Man #12 -1st Controller (complete)

ironman12_zps985cc686.jpg

Showcase Presents #66 - 1st B'wana Beast (complete) - Not high grade, but again, I love the cover!

showcase66_zpse7c2ae46.jpg

Strange Adventures #205 - 1st Deadman (incomplete, missing 1st page)

st205_zps1167c28b.jpg

I picked up ALL of these books from one dealer for $18.00 - I think I did ok.

However, the real thing I am MOST happy about is this...

MMMS_zps17179993.jpg

Dealer wanted $35, I got it for $10. I have no idea of how much it is really worth and don't care if I overpaid, but I have always wanted something like this. this could be the start of a new focus, to track down more MMMS goodies.

The MMMS pins can sell anywhere from $25 to $100 depending on condition. Looks like you have some rust/wear around the edges, but I suspect it's worth around $40.

Even if you paid $40 for it, though, it's such a cool pin. I have the Daredevil one... somewhere.

That pin is awesome. Nice score!

Peace,

Chip

Thanks Chip! I am very pleased with it too. It is nice to "belong" somewhere.

Ditto on the coolness of the pin - hard to overpay at $10.

Yah, that is what I figured. My wife use to work in the antique business up until a few months ago and she is the one who knows how to haggle so she gave me some pointers on this one. For those who care, here is the front and the back...

MMMS_zps17179993.jpgmmsback_zpsc49009e1.jpg