• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

I enjoy checking out this thread. Always something new found by someone.

Haven't found anything good around yard sales here ... the season had ended, it gets colder already. But there are still classifieds ads to check.

I always am on the lookout for this thread. I like coming back and seeing there's 10 new posts and it excites me to see what people find out there.

Me too! Obviously finds from garage sales and antique shops are a bit more exciting because it's more of a needle in a haystack kind of discovery, but I still love to see the collection buys from Craigslist, neighbor's girlfriend's boss, etc..it's all good! (thumbs u

Found this at Half Price Books the other day.

hulk181_zpsfca79bd9.jpg

Did they have it priced like any other comic in the bin, or was it priced as a valuable comic?

I've got about 4 Half Price Books in Austin, and one of them will price keys like they were on a wall at a comic shop. The other ones do not pay too much attention to what issue it is.

Now I'm all for not screwing over a little old lady who is selling off her dead husband's keys but if you run a well off business and your are just too lazy to find out the value of you items…oh well. That being said, I do enjoy shopping at those 3 other shops! :grin:

But this begs the question….who is dumb enough to sell a Hulk 181 to Half Price Books to begin with?

hulk181_zpsfca79bd9.jpg

Damn, I think you just knocked me off the HPB finds pedestal, with my Walking Dead 19 purchase a few weeks ago :) Congrats!

Edited by Sarfa

hulk181_zpsfca79bd9.jpg

Damn, I think you just knocked me off the HPB finds pedestal, with my Walking Dead 19 purchase a few weeks ago :) Congrats!

Not quite…if I remember correctly you got that WD #19 for like a dollar something…

Unless he got an amazing, "once in a lifetime" deal like that on this, I'd say you still win.

It was $2!!!!!

Just kidding. It wasn't cheap, but it was cheap for the grade.

So basically, they knew what they had and tried to price accordingly.

"Tried" is the operative word.

Well then…good job sir!

:applause:

It looks 8.5 to me, MVS inside? I really shocked someone took it in to the shop, no one from the shop brought it, it lasted long enough for you to buy it

Congrats!

Yep, MVS is intact.

Nice! Congrats, Andy.