• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Holy Cow FlyingDonut

Talk about a score!!!!

How was the negotiation process?

Did the guy have any idea about the true value of them?

Careful. The knives are out.

Although I would love to know, I'm not asking what he paid, just curious if they negotiated a price, or if the guy already had a price, and FD said ok to it.

Holy Cow FlyingDonut

Talk about a score!!!!

Although I would love to know, I'm not asking what he paid, just curious if they negotiated a price, or if the guy already had a price, and FD said ok to it.

I gave a number. He gave a number - he had an Overstreet in his lap - and we split the difference. Very fair.

Holy Cow FlyingDonut

Talk about a score!!!!

I gave a number. He gave a number - he had an Overstreet in his lap - and we split the difference. Very fair.

Sounds like the Chicago way

untouchables07.jpg

Wow, great score. To get something like that you have to have some pretty good cash flow/capital to even consider looking at the collection. I am always thinking some treasure trove will come my way and I'll have to just let them go as I don't have thousands of dollars of freed up money to spend.

Holy Cow FlyingDonut

Talk about a score!!!!

Im reading what you wrote and looking at your avatar and for some reason I dont believe a word you said lol

Holy Cow FlyingDonut

Talk about a score!!!!

Not that you need any justification for your price, but I think paying a large lump sum would be added leverage. Sellers know there are not a lot of people that have serious money to drum up on short (or no) notice to buy a comic collection. And you're buying it all at once!

At the end of the day, the sellers are usually pretty damn happy there's a buyer lined-up to give them cash. There's a helluva lot of other things to do with your money than buy comics.

Not that I can compare to Dan's big score, but I just bought a bunch of signed artist hardcovers (Steranko, Adams, Vess, etc) and vintage Disney paper paraphenalia. Included was this...and I can find zero information about it. It's an original 1937 Snow White World Premiere invitation.

15380934610_c2c79e3caa_o.jpg

15567406752_b2d3173fa2_o.jpg

15379937709_36e6a4f83d_o.jpg

15380933580_1deb05b38c_o.jpg

The inside pages are just a sampling...this is probably 20-pages long, with similar local business ads wishing Walt well on his movie and short articles about different aspects of the film. I have a gut feeling it could be something "special" as far as value, but other than e-mailing Heritage I don't know where else to find out.

Peace,

Chip

Not that I can compare to Dan's big score, but I just bought a bunch of signed artist hardcovers (Steranko, Adams, Vess, etc) and vintage Disney paper paraphenalia. Included was this...and I can find zero information about it. It's an original 1937 Snow White World Premiere invitation.

The inside pages are just a sampling...this is probably 20-pages long, with similar local business ads wishing Walt well on his movie and short articles about different aspects of the film. I have a gut feeling it could be something "special" as far as value, but other than e-mailing Heritage I don't know where else to find out.

Peace,

Chip

That is awesome!!

Chip, not exactly the same but here's someone with the Paris version

http://www.movieart.com/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-1937-6794/

Here's today's haul from the flea markets in central PA:

oktoberfest2014.jpg

My wife found the baseball cards for me, to be added to my "1970s long-hair/huge-afro/big-moustache" collection. And the little hand-held pinball game still works, and is (surprisingly) a lot of fun, with some very funky late 1970s graphics.

Also grabbed these, which are easily two of the highest grade (relatively old) comic books I have ever bought "in the wild":

x-men138.jpg

x-men139.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Interesting piece. I would contact Rich, comicartcom is his board name, he might be able to give you some more information on it.