• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

So when going to a garage sale, what is the best to look for?

A garage sale that sells a bunch of random things and they just happen to sell comics also, in which it may be full of drek.

Or a garage sale that sells a bunch of collectables including figures and statues in which you odds of finding keys go up but so do the prices!

A garage sale that sells a bunch of random things and they just happen to sell comics also, in which it may be full of drek.

Or a garage sale that sells a bunch of collectables including figures and statues in which you odds of finding keys go up but so do the prices!

Run a "buying" ad on Craigslist and let collections come to you.-first advice

Run a "buying" ad on Craigslist and let collections come to you.-first advice

I put up my first batch last week and I've gotten one call from a guy selling a stack of picked over drek. It doesn't cost anything to post up the ads in Craigslist so there always is a chance to get lucky.

Edited by 1Cool

My only advice to new collectors in the game, stay aggressive, dont lose hope, and be positive. Deals are out there. Sniff them out. Estate sales can be worth a hour of your time.

Is the estate sale where you got your books? Every one I've seen with comics has them brutally over-valued, and usually drek. The only time there was anything good was when I went to one that had ASM 298-300 and the auctioneer didn't like how the other drek comics were not selling, so he pulled those books from the auction. I'm like wtf? Needless to say I won't be going back to that house....

My only advice to new collectors in the game, stay aggressive, dont lose hope, and be positive. Deals are out there. Sniff them out. Estate sales can be worth a hour of your time.

Is the estate sale where you got your books? Every one I've seen with comics has them brutally over-valued, and usually drek. The only time there was anything good was when I went to one that had ASM 298-300 and the auctioneer didn't like how the other drek comics were not selling, so he pulled those books from the auction. I'm like wtf? Needless to say I won't be going back to that house....

Its hit and miss. I wouldnt go the Craiglist way because Ive had a near robbery and had two old guys fight in front of me because one didnt want to sell and the other did. Let everyone on your social medias know you collect and you will be surprised how many random people message you thinking they have a treasure chest.