• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Love me some Half Price Books......

hob_zps706732a5.jpg

GIMME

Another boardie has first dibs........but if he passes.......how did you like that Bone???? You must let me know how it grades.

And a newsstand! I'm assuming the tattooz are there?

yup..thats what i was checking for and yowza!

One final question, as I didn't think about this until later, and have never had a double-cover comic: Is it just the front that is doubled or is there also a duplicate back cover?

Went to an estate sale yesterday advertised on craigslist where the comics were advertised as $2 each, but the owner was willing to make a deal on larger purchases. Found these along with a fairly large stack and negotiated down to a little over a dollar a book.

15604487739_f39537ed3e_z.jpg

Edited by Willie Lumpkin

I'd been on the lookout for quite some time for a countertop spinner display for my Star Wars action figures. Last outdoor show this summer, the wind picked-up like I'd never experienced, and knocked down one of the displays I use for toys, so finding a countertop solution that's better shielded and heavy was the goal.

On Wednesday, while putzing around in a thrift shop looking for something unrelated, I stumbled onto this display. It's a super-solid construction, with thick acrylic compartments, each on three hinges, and which open when unlocked. The truss is all metal, as is the spinner base which give it some decent weight. The only thing I was unsure about was it was locked, and in the "as is" section with no keys.

The locks looked a lot like the ones on one of my arcade machines, and the price was amazing, so even if I had to drill out the locks and put new ones, it was worth the gamble. When I brought it home, I was over the moon when I found the keys to the arcade worked! Returned the next day hoping to find something I could use for a sign, and found an all metal sign topper. Picked up some printable clear sheets from Staples, and adorned it with some Star Wars scenery and ended-up with this - really dig the stepped shelves:

countertop_display_zps9f640dd1.jpg

Pretty neat when you can recycle and at the same time find something you've been looking for.

I'd been on the lookout for quite some time for a countertop spinner display for my Star Wars action figures. Last outdoor show this summer, the wind picked-up like I'd never experienced, and knocked down one of the displays I use for toys, so finding a countertop solution that's better shielded and heavy was the goal.

On Wednesday, while putzing around in a thrift shop looking for something unrelated, I stumbled onto this display. It's a super-solid construction, with thick acrylic compartments, each on three hinges, and which open when unlocked. The truss is all metal, as is the spinner base which give it some decent weight. The only thing I was unsure about was it was locked, and in the "as is" section with no keys.

The locks looked a lot like the ones on one of my arcade machines, and the price was amazing, so even if I had to drill out the locks and put new ones, it was worth the gamble. When I brought it home, I was over the moon when I found the keys to the arcade worked! Returned the next day hoping to find something I could use for a sign, and found an all metal sign topper. Picked up some printable clear sheets from Staples, and adorned it with some Star Wars scenery and ended-up with this - really dig the stepped shelves:

Pretty neat when you can recycle and at the same time find something you've been looking for.

This is awesome! Well done!

That looks snazzy!!!

Are all those figures & die-cast Meccano releases?

If so, it's a lot more impressive than most realize. Awesome display!

Peace,

Chip

Hey Chip, thanks. Just Kenner US in that display. The GDE in the titling is mostly because I enjoy collecting the bilingual Canadian stuff.

I tend to hang on to Meccano and Ledy stuff as it's a lot harder to come by. Some of the foreign/variants are in the display below, though most of it is stored away so I don't stupidly sell them off and have to pay twice as much to reacquire them at a later time:

display_zpsbf7a174b.jpg

was that originally used for watches or maybe sunglasses?

nice re-purposing

Thanks :) . Yeah, I was thinking watches too. Not sure as the shelving is really interesting. It could have been jewellery because of the colour scheme, but I can see diecast cars and smalls displaying well in here. It's pretty cool that the round figure foot stands fit perfectly inside.

Hit up the flea market. Usually not much in the way of comics (or most things I'd look for), but a guy was setup with several long boxes today. Flat $3 per. Lots of 80s, but very little 90s forward. House of Secrets 93+ run for 50 issues (so close), for example. Solid enough stuff all things considered. I picked these up for a solid bundle price:

IMAG2430_zps8jqwpb9_edit_1416089043134_zpssxzoozda.jpg

Hey Chip, thanks. Just Kenner US in that display. The GDE in the titling is mostly because I enjoy collecting the bilingual Canadian stuff.

I tend to hang on to Meccano and Ledy stuff as it's a lot harder to come by. Some of the foreign/variants are in the display below, though most of it is stored away so I don't stupidly sell them off and have to pay twice as much to reacquire them at a later time:

display_zpsbf7a174b.jpg

Wow, where did you get THAT? That's an awesome display!

Stop, you're making me want to collect this stuff again and I can't. :)

Peace,

Chip

Hit up the flea market. Usually not much in the way of comics (or most things I'd look for), but a guy was setup with several long boxes today. Flat $3 per. Lots of 80s, but very little 90s forward. House of Secrets 93+ run for 50 issues (so close), for example. Solid enough stuff all things considered. I picked these up for a solid bundle price:

Wow, great haul... And a great time of year for the flea market

Sweet!

Wow, where did you get THAT? That's an awesome display!

Stop, you're making me want to collect this stuff again and I can't. :)

Peace,

Chip

I happened to discover a guy making figure displays, PM'd him on Facebook, gave him the design, and he made it.

Super talented guy.

I'm working with him to come up with a design now for the SW 12-inch figures I recently picked up from cgcworld.