• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Follow up to a story i posted a week or so back.

I bought a collection of 300+ books a few weeks ago and it was full of great bronze gems (See page 343). Well after going through 300 books and picking out the keepers, i went through the rest graded them and started listing them. Well, I left a couple trade paper backs for last. When I was looking at one, i noticed something poking out in the back. (see picture 1), after further review i found this little treat in the back (Picture 2)

Picture 1

20141105_194812_zps1bf18ead.jpg

Picture 2

20141105_194841_zpsfe5e850a.jpg

One small batch of books from two garage sales on Saturday morning. The first one had some trades, including couple hardcovers for a buck each, plus some singles that were worth picking up X-Force 1 w/deadpool card, 2, 11, NM 95-100 (no 98 alas), couple New 52 issues. That's about it. The second sale was a stone cold bust - a third of a long box filed with Wizard issues and some jenky-looking random Vertigo issues.

Not a good outing.

What's weird is that someone is trying to pretend like they didn't notice an Incredible hulk #181 sticking out of a trade until after they went through everything and took pics etc. It makes for a cuter story that way though. :baiting:

is it weird that I could guess it was IH181 by seeing the tiny bit of it in the first pic?

maybe the context clues led me there

Whoa. Calm down. I was just ribbing ya. It's cool if you wanted to make it seem more exciting. I'm sure everyone here who saw a book peaking out would take the time to take a pic and not check out the book that could potentially be a Hulk #181. It's veeeery believable. Congrats on your find, and your showmanship.

Whoa. Calm down. I was just ribbing ya. It's cool if you wanted to make it seem more exciting. I'm sure everyone here who saw a book peaking out would take the time to take a pic and not check out the book that could potentially be a Hulk #181. It's veeeery believable. Congrats on your find, and your showmanship.

You are lucky I like your signature line so much. Thank you for that

:roflmao:

On a serious note, can't hate on a hulk 181.

I didn't get that impression from his post.

He left the trades till last and then, upon looking at them again, noticed the comic and discovered it was a hulk 181. Then he took the pics to simulate what he saw. No?

I finally scored at Half-Price Books!

Went in last week and found new52 Batman 1-7 first prints for $1.50 each. I would say they are all about 9.6s maybe 9.8.

And then to top it off my wife was looking through the quarter bin for Superman and found an Action 835 (2nd Livewire), its in great shape minus a thumb print on the cover, so prolly an 8.0. So I thought I better take a look in the quarter bin. I found a Alias #1 in about 9.4. Not bad for about 10 bucks total.

I finally scored at Half-Price Books!

Went in last week and found new52 Batman 1-7 first prints for $1.50 each. I would say they are all about 9.6s maybe 9.8.

And then to top it off my wife was looking through the quarter bin for Superman and found an Action 835 (2nd Livewire), its in great shape minus a thumb print on the cover, so prolly an 8.0. So I thought I better take a look in the quarter bin. I found a Alias #1 in about 9.4. Not bad for about 10 bucks total.

these are great pick ups - congrats!