• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,889 posts in this topic

Taking stock of the situation (and trying better to recall my childhood), I realized this wasn't the same system my buddy had (he had an Intellivision). Not sure how the Colecovision compares to the competition at that time, the desireability and/or collectibility factor, or if any of the games are desirable, but the games that came with the one I bought are:

Cosmic Avenger

Venture

Gorf

Buck Rogers

B.C.'s Quest for Tires

Super Action Football

Lady Bug

Zaxxon

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

TMNT678.jpg

MILLERDAREDEVIL.jpg

MCFARLANESPIDERMAN.jpg

WEBSPIDERMAN.jpg

XMEN.jpg

THELITTLEMONSTERS.jpg

After seeing what everyone has been finding out there, I decided to hit a couple flea markets over the weekend. Found a couple McFarlane Spideys, Frank Miller Daredevil, three TMNT books, couple early Web of Spider-Man, and a Whitman The Little Monsters. Got each book for $1 except the Whitman, which cost me $2 :headbang: The stand with the Whitman had some late 60's Archie books and what nots, but unfortunately, someone had written prices on the covers with a pen :mad: At least all the books that had covers lol

Suprisingly, nearly all these books are in great shape. Mostly around NM, with a few that look pretty close to 9.8 :o Think I might test my luck again next weekend at some other Peddler Malls and flea markets. :)

I am hoping to get some help on this one as I have never seen it and could not fin any info on the internet. It appears to be a invitation box set given to members of the academy for screening of movies for the Oscars. There are more pics I just didn't want to overwhelm this thread with them. Does anyone know anything about this? there is a calendar of screening on the lot. and if you read the last part the other movies will be sent after their theatrical release a month later. Just another item I picked up at Goodwill to finance my comic hobby.

movie002.jpg

movie003.jpg

movie004.jpg

movie005.jpg

movie006.jpg

movie012.jpg

movie014.jpg

movie015.jpg

I am hoping to get some help on this one as I have never seen it and could not fin any info on the internet. It appears to be a invitation box set given to members of the academy for screening of movies for the Oscars. There are more pics I just didn't want to overwhelm this thread with them. Does anyone know anything about this? there is a calendar of screening on the lot. and if you read the last part the other movies will be sent after their theatrical release a month later. Just another item I picked up at Goodwill to finance my comic hobby.

That's pretty interesting. Although Shawshank Redemption should have beat out Forrest Gump for Best Picture that year :sumo:

Stopped at a Half Price Books bookstore tonight and found a great deal for once.....

Uncanny X-Men #266

New Mutants #98

New Mutants #87 (x2)

Ultimate Spider-Man #'s 1-5

Amazing Spider-Man #238

Captain America Annual #8

And the best part......

With my teacher discount......just 90 cents each!

They must have just put these out......I can't imagine anyone with even a little bit of comic book knowledge not picking them up if they saw them.....

Stopped at a Half Price Books bookstore tonight and found a great deal for once.....

Uncanny X-Men #266

New Mutants #98

New Mutants #87 (x2)

Amazing Spider-Man #238

And the best part......

They must have just put these out......I can't imagine anyone with even a little bit of comic book knowledge not picking them up if they saw them.....

Damn! Nice haul there! :applause:

Uncanny X-Men #266

New Mutants #98

New Mutants #87 (x2)

Amazing Spider-Man #238

And the best part......

I miss Half-Price. In Austin the HP has a collectibles section, sometimes they would have pulps. The comics section was pretty nice too, but never had deals like you got. That NM #98 is great find.

There are 4 local Vintage Stock stores in the Oklahoma City area and they're all having a labor day weekend sale today thru Monday. Buy one comic and get one free. I picked up all 39 of these books, all in sweet condition (except the Conan #24) for under $100. Needless to say, I'm going back again tomorrow. :grin:

VintageStock9-2-11Group1.jpg

VintageStock9-2-11Group2.jpg

VintageStock9-2-11Group3.jpg

VintageStock9-2-11Group4.jpg

VintageStock9-2-11Group5.jpg

Today's flea market finds. All $1 each.

The books that aren't in bags are screaming for a press, since the guy who sold them just threw all his comics into a tub. The only one that's probably going to get pressed is DD 158.

DSC01898.jpg

Is the X-Men 25 without the foil anything good? It has a dirt stain on the spine, and I want to see if its worth the trouble to get it out (it is pretty fresh and starting to come off).

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

Love reading through these discoveries so I thought it was time to step-up and contribute my own find, a GA collection from 2010...

Last April I went to see an individual about 40 minutes away, who I found on CL, about making a purchase on a completely non-comic related item. Over the course of our discussion I mentioned that I collect comics as well. Upon hearing this he said, "Hey! I've got a stack of old books that my aunt left me when she passed away. I'm only the second owner - want to take a look?" I said sure, why not?

We go down into his basement and yep, he's got a bunch of comics from the 1940s just laying in magazine racks, but at least bagged. I started flipping through them and of course there's the expected cartoon comics along with some other odds and ends in varying degrees of condition. I then ask him do you have any superhero books? He then told me those are his favorite so he's used them to cover the wall behind his other pop culture collectibles. So he pulls a a few off the wall, the key books, and they turn out to be in really great condition regardless of their purpose - wallpaper. I'm guessing actually putting them on the wall protected them from kids, friends, dogs, etc. unlike the magazine rack group.

Long story short I made him a fair offer on the better material. It's been my one and only "find" over the years. Some of the books have made their way out into the market, locally and nationally, while I've retained others for my own collection. Enjoy (thumbs u

GA-comics.jpg

GA-comics-2.jpg

Edited by snitzer