• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I've not got your store on my list of cool comic shops to visit. Right behind this guy's shop:

Hulk_zpskfqhdfkj.png

yes that's the wow factor I'm talkin about. An yes please drop in, I'm there 7 days a week.

Where is your shop / do you have a website or facebook page? I'll definitely stop by next time I'm on your side of the state :grin:

I've not got your store on my list of cool comic shops to visit. Right behind this guy's shop:

Hulk_zpskfqhdfkj.png

yes that's the wow factor I'm talkin about. An yes please drop in, I'm there 7 days a week.

Where is your shop / do you have a website or facebook page? I'll definitely stop by next time I'm on your side of the state :grin:

the link in my sigline takes you to my FB page.

Hulk_zpskfqhdfkj.png

How cultured of you Junk. It reminds me of an average man's version of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Physical_Impossibility_of_Death_in_the_Mind_of_Someone_Living

Hulk_zpskfqhdfkj.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Physical_Impossibility_of_Death_in_the_Mind_of_Someone_Living

I saw it in person and it was pretty impressive (I understand it's not for everyone)

Hulk_zpskfqhdfkj.png

I saw it in person and it was pretty impressive (I understand it's not for everyone)

Off topic post:

What fascinates me is sheer spectacle and huge amounts of money involved. I believe it was sold in the tens of millions even though the original shark had decayed to a point where it was no longer presentable and so had to be replaced.

But I do appreciate it, it is brilliant art both commercially and conceptually.

I think the meta irony is best captured by this work by banksy which has fetched 5 figures at auction:

photo social-antisocial-banksy-morons_zpsnxwwmutx.jpg

I am going to just mention the tenuous link between this type of contemporary art and the work of Milton Caniff and then later Roy Lichtenstein so this post has something to do with comics...

I like the wow factor it gives and people come into the shop. I will likely not make a profit from it, and likely break even if I'm lucky. Its a fun piece and should help to sell other things around the shop. I am now the "store with the shark".

Next stop...

Marine_Life_Hall,_American_Museum_of_Natural_History_(7356570628).jpg

I like the wow factor it gives and people come into the shop. I will likely not make a profit from it, and likely break even if I'm lucky. Its a fun piece and should help to sell other things around the shop. I am now the "store with the shark".

Next stop...

Marine_Life_Hall,_American_Museum_of_Natural_History_(7356570628).jpg

I think my shop would fit inside that

Here is a stroll through the Junkdrawer. May 15th was my 4 yr Anniversary.

Nice store - although I got a little dizzy towards the end there. :)

It reminds me of a place I used to buy comics back when I was a kid, it was called The Odds and Ends Shop.

I love stores like yours Chris - very 'blokey' - I can spend hours in places like that.

Nice video, thanks for sharing!