• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Never had any big scores like these but back when i worked in Manahttan I used to find some on the street. I purchased a ASM 101 first Morbius for like a $2 from some street guy. Another street guy had a copy of Amazing Spiderman # 28 1st ,molten Man for $3 The ASM 101 was in good shape and still have it to this day. The #28 was beat up and I sold it a while back. I have gotten more books off the streets back then but then the comic buying rush of the mid 90's and everyone knew comics were worth something and those guys disappeared.

Back then there were comic shops all over NYC.

nice I think I need to start going to garage sales :)

If the ones you go to are anything like the ones I go to, you'll spend more on gas than you'll make on comics.

Went to six sales this weekend, didn't buy one book. $2 bucks each for stuff that should be in the kindling pile.

Yeah I stopped going to yard sales . Too much gas and mileage for 90's drek IF I find anything.

I hear you.

The best thing I've ever found at a yard sale was a SPJO #153 with mustaches and beards for everyone!

My mom also found an Avengers #143 with every conceivable coupon or mail order subscription form cut out of it.

I've definitely had better luck with estate sales than garage sales.

It depends on where you are located. Long Island NY is a hotbed of tag sales/garage sales. In the last two weeks, I've managed to buy

NM98

ASM300

IG 1-6

The Cat 1 - first Tigra

ASM volume 2 - issues 19-40 including the WTC black cover issue no. 36

SS146 - last issue volume 3 I believe

And a couple handful of other bronze/copper/modern issues.

Not too shabby for a bunch of garage sales!

(thumbs u

Replied to a Craigslist ad again today and went out to rummage through many longboxes of drek at 3 for $1. However, at the end of the day I brought home 180+ comics for a nice $65 total. Here are some of the highlights...

17340826558_dabd514b8b_o.jpg

Replied to a Craigslist ad again today and went out to rummage through many longboxes of drek at 3 for $1. However, at the end of the day I brought home 180+ comics for a nice $65 total. Here are some of the highlights...

now that's a haul :cool:

Marvel Two-in-one #30 :cloud9:

Dang Chip you are a Craigslist buying machine! I never see anything close to that out here but then I don't look as hard as you do.

Got my book today. Love it!

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

20150511_201335_zpsv2tasihb.jpg

20150511_201522_zps56qsxcuq.jpg

20150511_201608_zpspjstyv4c.jpg

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

20150511_201335_zpsv2tasihb.jpg

20150511_201522_zps56qsxcuq.jpg

20150511_201608_zpspjstyv4c.jpg

Very nice!