• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,855 posts in this topic

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

20150511_201335_zpsv2tasihb.jpg

20150511_201522_zps56qsxcuq.jpg

20150511_201608_zpspjstyv4c.jpg

:golfclap:

I assume this wasn't Chicago or was it?

Nashville. Would have felt bad getting another Hulk 181 in your backyard. :blush:

Great find Andy. Gives the rest of us hope. :applause:

Nashville. Would have felt bad getting another Hulk 181 in your backyard. :blush:

Are they in good shape? How about the MS 2?

So-so shape. The MS 2 is a 6.0 or so. The 181 around a 5.0.

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

Heyyyyy!

Thos are my dad's comics!!!

daddysrecords.jpg

Replied to a Craigslist ad again today and went out to rummage through many longboxes of drek at 3 for $1. However, at the end of the day I brought home 180+ comics for a nice $65 total. Here are some of the highlights...

17340826558_dabd514b8b_o.jpg

:applause:

I love this thread!

Congrats to Chip and October!

:applause:

Are they in good shape? How about the MS 2?

So-so shape. The MS 2 is a 6.0 or so. The 181 around a 5.0.

Nobody has a better nose for comics than Andy. He can sniff out books better than anyone I know! (thumbs u

I picked these up today...they are quite unique

DE62BBA1-E22C-496E-90B1-A35458D344DE_zpslb3mxfjt.jpg

A0C29579-2EB7-43CB-8BAD-7C86F4E2D4B6_zpsebh9ibbz.jpg

Very nice. If you ever let them go drop me a line. Would be particularly interested in the Quimby Mouse one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are they?

+1

After checking out October's success on Craigslist I decided to check it out again yesterday afternoon. I found a guy selling a set of Captain Britain 1 - 6 in high grade in my area. No #8 in the set but still a nice set for a great price. Best of all they all include the promos like the masks in this #1.

scan_zps6pmr8c95.jpg

I picked these up today...they are quite unique

DE62BBA1-E22C-496E-90B1-A35458D344DE_zpslb3mxfjt.jpg

A0C29579-2EB7-43CB-8BAD-7C86F4E2D4B6_zpsebh9ibbz.jpg

Very nice. If you ever let them go drop me a line. Would be particularly interested in the Quimby Mouse one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are they?

+1

Chris Ware's "Acme Novelty Library". One of the most innovative comics series of all time. It was always a treat to see what the new format would be for each issue. I bought all of the Acme series off of the stands. The early issues are frequently hilarious. The more recent stuff is much more...depressing. But still very innovative. I ended up getting rid of a lot of them once the value increased, wish I'd held onto them. The issue with these is storage. The variety of sizes is so great that it makes them difficult to hang onto without damaging them.