• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I assume this wasn't Chicago or was it?

Nashville. Would have felt bad getting another Hulk 181 in your backyard. :blush:

Nice Haul...I only find junk on CL.

" Buy my awesome 10 comics from the 90s for $100.00, serious inquires only."

I have one or two of those Acme Novelty books...I need to get them out and actually read them one of these days. :)

No comics today but I did have someone reply to my ad selling some non-sports cards in a binder. Nothing amazing there...a hodge-podge of incomplete sets from the 70's & 80's. However, he was also interested in selling these Military Challenge Coins, which I bought from him. Something different, but very neat.

17426659030_949733c905_o.jpg

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

20150511_201335_zpsv2tasihb.jpg

20150511_201522_zps56qsxcuq.jpg

20150511_201608_zpspjstyv4c.jpg

:applause: What did you pay for all this?

Funny story.

I have been collecting/buying/selling comics for about ten years now and I have spent maybe 15 total minutes on Craigslist during that time. I love this thread though, and being inspired by some of the finds (and being bored at work) I figured I would give it a quick look. I hadn't been on the site in months, but I figured it would be one giant mass of WTB ads and 90's glut books.

So I bring it up, click through about four total ads...

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"WTB ad"

"Hey now!"

Three hours later....

It's better to be lucky than good! lol

20150511_201335_zpsv2tasihb.jpg

20150511_201522_zps56qsxcuq.jpg

20150511_201608_zpspjstyv4c.jpg

:applause: What did you pay for all this?

also, what is your social security number and credit card number. Just out of curiosity.

Note: some people here buy and sell comics for a living (partially and/or completely), and are therefore may be uncomfortable sharing those types of details. Out of respect for that, most people don't ask.

He paid $10 for all of them and also brutally assaulted the old woman who had them. I know. I was shocked to hear it as well.

I once replied to an ad for a raw IH181... I went to her house... she was 85 years old and severely ill... the book was her sons who had committed suicide in the 90s.... I later responded to a similar ad 6 mos later... she had passed away and her brother was selling the book to whom I paid a fair price for...

Let this be a lesson to you Andy! There's a right way to do things. :insane:

He paid $10 for all of them and also brutally assaulted the old woman who had them. I know. I was shocked to hear it as well.

I once replied to an ad for a raw IH181... I went to her house... she was 85 years old and severely ill... the book was her sons who had committed suicide in the 90s.... I later responded to a similar ad 6 mos later... she had passed away and her brother was selling the book to whom I paid a fair price for...

Saw a craigslist ad for a comic sale. It was a warehouse sale by a dealer looking to liquidate a newly purchased collection. I was the first one there, and quickly went through about 12 long boxes which included a mix of bronze and modern books. If I was 5-10 minutes late, most of these would be gone. Here is what I came up with:

Batgirl Special 1

Elektra Assassin 1

Spidey Vs Wolverine 1

Avengers 160 to 174 and 185, 186, 189, 194

Avengers Annual 6,8,9

X-Men vs Avengers 1-4

New Mutants 1, New Mutants Annual 1

Spiderman Blue 1-5

Amazing Spiderman Annual 15

Amazing Spiderman 214-217, 253-289, 500

Suicide Squad Annual 1

Suicide Squad 1 (2001)

sowtqq.jpg

Picked these up on a recent business trip to Alabama at a place called 2nd and Charles (??). Awesome store. Basically a nostalgia nut's fantasy land...old comics, video games, records, legos, books, etc.

17508349509_98d68a14ac_b.jpg

Saw a craigslist ad for a comic sale. It was a warehouse sale by a dealer looking to liquidate a newly purchased collection. I was the first one there, and quickly went through about 12 long boxes which included a mix of bronze and modern books. If I was 5-10 minutes late, most of these would be gone. Here is what I came up with:

Batgirl Special 1

Elektra Assassin 1

Spidey Vs Wolverine 1

Avengers 160 to 174 and 185, 186, 189, 194

Avengers Annual 6,8,9

X-Men vs Avengers 1-4

New Mutants 1, New Mutants Annual 1

Spiderman Blue 1-5

Amazing Spiderman Annual 15

Amazing Spiderman 214-217, 253-289, 500

Suicide Squad Annual 1

Suicide Squad 1 (2001)

sowtqq.jpg

Those early Marvel Fanfare's are some of the best copper books art & story wise... So much hidden talent in those.. Art Adams (1st work for Marvel), Jim Starlin, George Perez, Michael Golden.. The works!! I am always on the hunt for 9.8 raws and getting them signed.. (thumbs u

Picked these up on a recent business trip to Alabama at a place called 2nd and Charles (??). Awesome store. Basically a nostalgia nut's fantasy land...old comics, video games, records, legos, books, etc.

Wow, I'm surprised that that Omaha was at 2nd and Charles, didn't imagine they would buy adult titles.

I just found out one of these stores popped up in my area and found some good things for a buck a piece...

Early Deadpool appearances in Nomad and Silver Sable

Last issue of Warlock & The Infinity Watch

Uncanny X-Men Annual #14

Definitely worth checking out if you have one in the area.

went to an estate sale today, here are some of the more unique items I found

D653BBA7-0CD6-457D-9265-66C980BA4851_zpsoh4oyths.jpg

and here are interiors of the ACME Novelty books I posted some days ago

01C66809-3CFF-4AD2-9F15-2125C390D44E_zpsor1nawdg.jpg

6ADD808D-CAD1-4870-8685-BCA759054877_zpsvzsypxrx.jpg

77B8D1D3-D0DC-47EA-AFB6-187BC53D364C_zpsuyz1cviy.jpg

B9BDCF05-E1D3-4A79-B0F0-5CA04A023734_zpsvs7np331.jpg

Nice books Geek. Ware really does have amazing compositions, they remind me of an instruction manual.

What is the black and white Hellboy book?

Those ACME books are very impressive. I wish I could post all the interiors. It's really a nice set of books.

The Hellboy is an insert that appeared in the Comic Buyers Guide. It's an early appearance.

I didn't want to create a thread for it since it was a small con of not much consequence, but I went to the X-Con World Show yesterday at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Not sure if I'm going to head back tomorrow as there wasn't much there. Only about 6-7 comic-only dealers with most having WAY high prices. The best booth was someone selling his private collection for $1/each (with a short box of some higher-priced books) and discounts if you bought a lot. I bought a lot, but mostly because I was pissed someone cleaned him out about 20 minutes before I got there (Swamp Thing #37 for $1...stuff like that). Grrr. :) Anyway, I found some good 50/75-cent stuff regardless of the noise and junk.

17124731574_49c16116d3_o.jpg

17744599312_d0112c692c_o.jpg

He had a couple of choice books (Batman #4 in about 5.0 raw and a 9.6/9.8 raw Spider-Man #1 Chromium) but wanted silly prices for them ($3,200 and $350). He also had a full run of Iron Man for a silly price (again $3,200) with the #55 in CBCS 3.0 signed 3x and the #1 about a 6.0 raw.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

You have no reason to be upset. :makepoint:

That is one great haul there! :applause:

Thanks man. I'm not really upset. I get more than my share of awesome deals, and there's ALWAYS going to be someone there before you. No worries. :) We hit about 12 yard sales this morning but there was nothing for me. However, I'm sure that somewhere in Myrtle Beach someone had a yard sale this morning that had comics or Star Wars or something... It's all the luck of the draw! :)