• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Here is a stroll through the Junkdrawer. May 15th was my 4 yr Anniversary.

Congrats.

My son wants a store and I am helping him to build up the inventory. So far we have a lot of comic books, thousands of gaming cards, and I am going to donate all of my toys, I have shared through pictures, my personal comic collection, and almost all of my TPBs.

Congrats.

My son wants a store and I am helping him to build up the inventory. So far we have a lot of comic books, thousands of gaming cards, and I am going to donate all of my toys, I have shared through pictures, my personal comic collection, and almost all of my TPBs.

In my area/town its a little different. Winthrop is a seaside town, a peninsula actually. Nobody passes through my town on the way to somewhere. People come to my town for banking, haircuts, etc. I'm always asking what brings you to town today or do you live here? Weird as it seams, there are 4 funeral homes on my street, all within a block/short walk. Out of towners show up for these a few times per week and I'm sure I get exposure from it. Strange how life works. Someone dies and I prosper. My son also wanted the store a while back and now he rather enjoy his time to himself playing with friends. If I need a 20 long box collection sorted, he's never around anymore. I think I burned him out. He wants money for that kind stuff now (shrug)

Weird as it seems, there are 4 funeral homes on my street, all within a block/short walk. Out of towners show up for these a few times per week and I'm sure I get exposure from it. Strange how life works. Someone dies and I prosper.

First time I read that last sentence I thought you were talking about people bringing stuff into your shop after the owner dies to sell it. Totally missed the out of town funeral attendees angle.

But I guess you probably get the other, too, huh?

Weird as it seems, there are 4 funeral homes on my street, all within a block/short walk. Out of towners show up for these a few times per week and I'm sure I get exposure from it. Strange how life works. Someone dies and I prosper.

First time I read that last sentence I thought you were talking about people bringing stuff into your shop after the owner dies to sell it. Totally missed the out of town funeral attendees angle.

But I guess you probably get the other, too, huh?

I get those opportunities here and there. It's an angle I ought to focus on more I think. The estate liquidation biz gets you in to the household first. You help families rid of the contents, quickly and generate a good return for them. Some items need to go to auction, some to goodwill, some trash. I got professionals with trucks to do the clean outs, guys that will remove radiators and oil tanks, plus there's always something I got to have. Getting in first is the key.

Was flipping through a box of old train magazines at a flea market by myself this weekend when for a nanosecond I thought I'd hit the lottery. :tonofbricks:

But for the cost of a lottery ticket I was able to sit in the sun and relive a happy childhood memory. ^^

20150519_223646_zpszo5hy4rw.jpg

Was flipping through a box of old train magazines at a flea market by myself this weekend when for a nanosecond I thought I'd hit the lottery. :tonofbricks:

But for the cost of a lottery ticket I was able to sit in the sun and relive a happy childhood memory. ^^

Just imagine what would happen if AF15 had the origin of Dr Strange as well?

blown-mind-explosion-gif.gif

Went to a local thrift store for the first time today, since it's only been open a few weeks. It had several hundred comics, all nicely bagged and boarded. I picked up a Deadpool #4 newstand edition from 1997 in pretty much flawless condition. Great black cover and Hulk guest appearance, got if for 3 dollars. Also got a NM copy of Sensational She-Hulk 60 for 3 bucks, just because I enjoy last issue collecting. Not sure if either of them hold a ton of value, I've been mostly away from collecting for the past several years after spending most of the 1980s up to around 2000 passionately pursing it.

Just imagine what would happen if AF15 had the origin of Dr Strange as well?

blown-mind-explosion-gif.gif

I know, right?! :roflmao:

Picked up a small collection and was very very VERY pleased to find this amongst the #93-98 run that was in there...

17288569443_066050bc51_o.jpg

It's only the 3rd double-cover I've ever owned, and oddly enough the 2nd in the last month. :)

You are Jack Knight.

I want to have a store like yours, someday. That's my goal.

Simply AWESOME, Chris. Congrats!

I had the pleasure of visiting Chris' shop a couple years ago with my wife and it was well worth the drive. Found some great kids' games for our daughter, some oddball trinkets for the house, and a sweet copy of Dazzler No. 1 I seem to recall getting for next to nothing. lol

We're actually hoping to make it back this summer at some point - Junkdrawer's cache of stuff is awesome! (thumbs u

Haven't posted in a while, but now that summer's here I have a bit more time, which fortuitously coincides with the rise of yard/garage sale opportunities here in the Northeast.

Here are my few finds from this morning. The cookbook is in really nice shape (and a first edition) the movies may be OOP and are in my wheelhouse (love Umberto Lenzi) and the Tales book is a bit of a beater but from 1964 and features B&W reprints of the EC comic with an original cover by Frazetta (name on the tombstone).

6DA21B20-904A-41A8-B98A-0B5E197ED730_zpslnjcoln7.jpg

I had another good day of comic buying. I stopped in at a used book store and managed to get my hands on a copy of Deathstroke #58.

IMG_4803_zpscvd19s54.jpg

I also bought on a bunch of Spider-Man books that the store had just got in that morning.

IMG_4800_zpsprvfcekk.jpg

BNXuqbPCYAAYRMW.jpg_large_zpsyv1hwje7.jpg