• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,849 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

Awesome find. Great to see those books are still in the wild. And since I know you Solar Boy, when you say dirt cheap, you mean dirt cheap.:golfclap:

lol you do know me.  I said dirt cheap because a couple years back I bought dirt for more than what i paid here.  Im posting a lot of books from the collection for sale and very reasonable prices starting tonight everyone.  Lots of Detective, batman, metal men, worlds finest.  All DC and all original owner purchased off the newstands.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

C_JkYcbXcAQxpVx.jpgC_JkYcgW0AAz6Df.jpg

I asked about the Speed Comics and she said "yesterday we were asking $300 but would take less today." She wasn't lying.

Are those book sun tanned or is that just your camera?

Great score regardless my friend

25 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Are those book sun tanned or is that just your camera?

Great score regardless my friend

The posters/prints are tanned lightly, yes; your syntax confuses me. The Speed is stained, yes. I feel fine with the score, thanks. I know nothing about the comic other than 1940. I did read the Nick & story already though. :wink: I had already driven there so why not buy it? They had it on the front table with the jewelry and curios and the woman was focused on her phone with the last sold being $378 a few months ago. A quick education on condition and I was on my way. Or else I got the education and have not realized it yet! 

I got a nice folk art sculpture of a man carved from wood for my garden as well. Here are the posters in my Itoya already! They are only worth a few dollars each I think but still a good fun buy.

C_Kqf7iXUAIGMTf.jpgC_Kqf7mXUAAh0t7.jpg

Edited by Bird
Nick & "Richard" that is. I was more hoping to get the Betty & Veronicas but they sold yesterday!

12 minutes ago, Bird said:

So he threw you a Bone did he? Deathmate Preview is groovy. People go for that Moon Knight with Spidey...sold one myself a while back for good cash. I think that one signature is "Drek '93"!

Looks like it's going for a nice penny on the fleabay too.  Had no idea. Thank you

Edited by Ovrclck

Went to a few yard sales before Free Comic Book Day at my LCS. Found this 1976 Captain America puzzle buried under some other junk. No idea if it's complete yet.

YardSale-2017-05-06a.thumb.jpg.cea7444875f4377192009021a4e36306.jpg

Then some random comics and trading cards at another yard sale. The best part was that these 3 binders contain a bunch of complete sets and extras from 90s to recent, including at least 3 sketch cards.

YardSale-2017-05-06f.thumb.jpg.37c5fe1662ee7ddb9425eaac79b18679.jpg

Then some digging at my LCS turned up these random goodies.

YardSale-2017-05-06d.thumb.jpg.c341526ce7fedb4908f67a6d2c6d8d1e.jpg

YardSale-2017-05-06e.thumb.jpg.cba7b5918664d4089c6dfb44cb896e5c.jpg

Edited by srezvan

I think this is where your supposed to post HPB's stuff---Half Price Books----had a Detective Comics 395 but it had "as Is" on the price tag so I left it alone....price tag said $50 so idk, They also had a Killing Joke 4th print for $50-60 idk if any of that is worth it....? If anyone could give me a reason why those make sense other than to read, I'm all ears. "As is" can meant tears, pieces missing etc................

Anyway I settled on this 

Spoiler

We had a book day at school in Junior High and we were supposed to bring books from home with our sleeping bags and pillows and find a nook or a cranny in the classroom to read... lol I remember most the guys had comics :) I remember my best friend, at the time, brought this one and I flipped! I thought why would Spiderman need to fight Wolverine, oh Wolverine don't decapitate the Amazing Spider haha----good times. But my friend saw my intrigue and proceeded to not let me read it haha, ahhh I can read it now lol 

Spiderman vs. Wolverine 1 VF.jpg

18 minutes ago, jjfversion1 said:

Why not open up the Tec 395 and have a look inside to see if there were any issues?

I should but it is under lock and key at HPB and in a bag and board, so I would have to call a person over to unlock it and then I don't know if they'd let me look through it etc.

I'll give it a shot though, what should I be looking for??? are there common thing's to cut out ie "value stamp", which might only be marvel, or is there something else to look at? 

I only know that it is a valued key, but don't really know much about it..... :shy:

Also what would make it not worth it, as I'm unfamiliar with the book, back cover torn or missing piece...?

There is one on ebay that is raw/ungraded but listed as 7.0 for $75 that sounds like a better deal than a $50 with whatever is wrong with it.... but idk

This is the issue that I was talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-395-Neal-Adams-Cover-OW-W-CGC-8-5-VF-/252923610967?hash=item3ae36c0757:g:bKAAAOSwCU1YvgiE

It's Detective Comics Batman and Robin..... I've just seen it mentioned a few times on the boards.....I was interested with the one a HPB but didn't know current prices and as I was in a limited amount of time there, I just made note of it...

Another reason I was hesitant was they had a Silver Surfer #13 that was in F/F+ there as well and it was priced at $50 and a SS #14 that was F/- for $100 so I think that they see "old issue" and price the bejesus out of it:ohnoez:

Update for anyone who wanted to know on the HPB situation I'll put a spoiler so I don't cramp anyone's style....

Spoiler

I called they went and got it out to look at it for me. They said it had a spine split from the bottom to the first staple... and otherwise it was fine and did I want them to put it on hold for me to come pick up. I said don't hold it for me but I'll think about. I then asked how much it was and she said $75? I could of sworn it said $50... so idk... but I had 3--10% off coupons if that matters. I used one already on earlier posted book, gave one away while I was in line to be nice, and have one left so this would cost me $73.07 with the 8.25% sales tax lol I still say (tsk) but thanks for listening, any other thoughts are welcome!

57 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Update for anyone who wanted to know on the HPB situation I'll put a spoiler so I don't cramp anyone's style....

Hide contents

I called they went and got it out to look at it for me. They said it had a spine split from the bottom to the first staple... and otherwise it was fine and did I want them to put it on hold for me to come pick up. I said don't hold it for me but I'll think about. I then asked how much it was and she said $75? I could of sworn it said $50... so idk... but I had 3--10% off coupons if that matters. I used one already on earlier posted book, gave one away while I was in line to be nice, and have one left so this would cost me $73.07 with the 8.25% sales tax lol I still say (tsk) but thanks for listening, any other thoughts are welcome!

I say there's absolutely no reason to buy a bronze book with a split like that.  Other fish in the sea, and all that.

Buying bulk lots of anything always means there's still a chance to discover. So today I picked up a few bags of vintage hotel keys. Got back to the shop and started to give them a closer look :o

2484FEA5-6B20-4AA2-8A21-B1CA7010782F.jpg