• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

Three long boxes of silver and golden age books bought from a local guy.. I'll let this one picture speak for itself..

5.JPG

These are the posts that 1. make me love the thread and 2. keep me beating the bushes for comic deals!

8 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

Three long boxes of silver and golden age books bought from a local guy.. I'll let this one picture speak for itself..

5.JPG

I love the fact that you're burying a Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 1 as a back row, don't worry about it book. Wow. That's a nice find.

10 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

5.JPG

Looks like a lot of old books - any Revival #1 or PP 64s in the boxes?:wishluck:

1 hour ago, westerberg14 said:

hopefully you'll share more of the story, but that picture is great!

I had a couple feelers out looking for golden age stuff in the Facebook groups.  A gentleman texted me with a picture of the More Fun Comics and the Batman issue. I love earlier Batman stuff so that perked my interest.

In the meantime I ask him what he wants for the entire collection. He said 'that's not an option.' It kind of took me back a bit but then he stated 'only if you're bringing a Brinks truck.' He states he's got over 20 long boxes of the same stuff in the picture. Now I'm excited. 

Flash forward we set up a time to meet. I have no idea how he saw my posting on Facebook because he lives almost 5 hours away. Me and my buddy decide to make a day of it. 

The only place he would meet is at the local police station. They've got a meet up area for local trading/selling. Did not know police departments offered this but I think it's great.

When I pull up he's got 3 bigger boxes and one small box. I start looking through the issues and its some tough titles like Fantastic Comics, Planet Comics, Comic Cavalcade, Catman Comics, Mystery Comics, Walt Disney titles, a few older Batman issues and a few titles I've never even seen in person. The raw books consisted of around two long boxes. 

I ask a price about the raw books and and he said something I'll never forget.. he stated 'oh, that's just the extra junk I brought with me.' :whatthe: I almost had to pick my mouth up off the floor. He throws out a price that I was more than happy with for everything so I really didn't haggle. 

I ask him about his other books and he's says he's got around 17-18 more boxes of 'better stuff' as he put it. I don't really see how it could be better than what I picked up but I'm excited to find out what all is there. I'll definitely post up anything else I pick up in the future. 

Hopefully I wasn't too wordy with the story. I pulled out every book and thumbed through each the past couple nights. This is by far the biggest golden age collection I've come across and I'm just enjoying having these books in my collection. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Edited by Bighaley21

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I love the fact that you're burying a Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 1 as a back row, don't worry about it book. Wow. That's a nice find.

Thank you. That book was literally a throw in. He had a stack off to the side to sweeten the deal and that book was part of it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it was part of the stack.

1 hour ago, Bighaley21 said:

I'm not seeing any in this batch but that doesn't mean he doesn't have either in his other books.

Just messing around - Revival and PP 64 have no spot in that killer line up.

2 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

I had a couple feelers out looking for golden age stuff in the Facebook groups.  A gentleman texted me with a picture of the More Fun Comics and the Batman issue. I love earlier Batman stuff so that perked my interest.

In the meantime I ask him what he wants for the entire collection. He said 'that's not an option.' It kind of took me back a bit but then he stated 'only if you're bringing a Brinks truck.' He states he's got over 20 long boxes of the same stuff in the picture. Now I'm excited. 

Flash forward we set up a time to meet. I have no idea how he saw my posting on Facebook because he lives almost 5 hours away. Me and my buddy decide to make a day of it. 

The only place he would meet is at the local police station. They've got a meet up area for local trading/selling. Did not know police departments offered this but I think it's great.

When I pull up he's got 3 bigger boxes and one small box. I start looking through the issues and its some tough titles like Fantastic Comics, Planet Comics, Comic Cavalcade, Catman Comics, Mystery Comics, Walt Disney titles, a few older Batman issues and a few titles I've never even seen in person. The raw books consisted of around two long boxes. 

I ask a price about the raw books and and he said something I'll never forget.. he stated 'oh, that's just the extra junk I brought with me.' :whatthe: I almost had to pick my mouth up off the floor. He throws out a price that I was more than happy with for everything so I really didn't haggle. 

I ask him about his other books and he's says he's got around 17-18 more boxes of 'better stuff' as he put it. I don't really see how it could be better than what I picked up but I'm excited to find out what all is there. I'll definitely post up anything else I pick up in the future. 

Hopefully I wasn't too wordy with the story. I pulled out every book and thumbed through each the past couple nights. This is by far the biggest golden age collection I've come across and I'm just enjoying having these books in my collection. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Definitely not too wordy at all.  The only thing you forgot to include was the gentleman's name and phone number - better PM me the info since you forgot it:popcorn: 

14 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

5.JPG

LORDY! I think I just soiled myself...  Congrats on a mind blowing group.  Just gotta ask, will any of these be available in possibily a boards sale?

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

LORDY! I think I just soiled myself...  Congrats on a mind blowing group.  Just gotta ask, will any of these be available in possibily a boards sale?

Possibly. I haven't finished sorting them yet but when I do I'd imagine I'll put a few I'm not currently collecting up for sale.

3 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

Thank you. That book was literally a throw in. He had a stack off to the side to sweeten the deal and that book was part of it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it was part of the stack.

Wow. I bought a pile of books yesterday and the guy threw in some low grade Bronze Age Fantastic Fours. I think you did a little better.

14 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

5.JPG

Holy geez. That's the "junk"?!?!

I wouldn't be able to sleep until I saw the rest. Congrats, that's an incredible find that's getting more and more rare these days.

Edited by october